New York City Transfers

try to make appt using info pass,
there is one entry which allows you to make appt if
you filed EAD 90 days ago.

I used INfo pass to inquiry my case at Federal plaza, it is good.
you don't need wait outside of the building, just show
the guard the info pass, you can get inside of the building.

:confused: :confused: Am I just halusinating or it is what it is? Last month they posted I485 applications processing May 2002. Today I have checked it again and... June 2003! In 1 month they have managed to process all cases from 2002-2003??? Any thoughts? :confused:

to Sundance: Hi Sundance are you a 245i applicant? if so did you have your interview? where? and how did you became 245i. I am in similar situation. Appriciate it very much. My case got transfer from MSC to NY few month ago did not get any interview date.

GC022002:

Thank you for sharing the information. When you went into the building, did you still have to go to RM300 and then proceed to the office that you intend to go or did you go directly to RM800? Thank a lot!

I showed the infopass to the guard at the door, then i was directed to the 3rd floor, got a ticket from there, went to 8th floor. waited for about 2 hours in that room,
I guess around 11:30 is bad timing, since some officers took lunch break, the process slowed down around that time.

Good luck, I am still waiting for the interview letter in pain...

hi guys

I got my interview letter yesterday exactly in less than two months after trans from msc

it look like to me they sent a rugaly letter with immunization form and a finger print form they set my date for fingerprint too.

I have some qs

did any one get finger print form tooooo

they said dont bring your kids?

as per LC my pay is less 20k is that a big problem

thanks

To "labor+140=485": Hi it's good to hera about your interview date and good luck. It's new to hear that INS notify applicans not to bring their kids. Are your kids born here? and where is your interview? Thanks

bobxu, tata2003 or anyone who got interview letter

did you guys also receive a page stating

what you must bring

what you should bring

als any guy have kids, should we take them with us?

thank you

One of my friend who went for his marriage based interview at 26 fed plza with his 2 years old beautiful daughter born her for interview last year. The officer told them that if his daughter bother or cry during the interview then she will reschudle their interview for another time. Of course that made my friend very nervouse/upset at the opening statement. I myself have tow kids born here and one only 7 months and have no one to leave with during our interview. Do not know what we will do if we will take our little one with us or not. Hopes that helps to make your own mind. This green card process has been the most painfull process in our entire life and hope it will come to an happy end.

Approved! Passport stamped at 26 Fed. Plaza today - all the gory details below

The following post is a copy of my post on www.rupnet.com/immigration

So... our case is EB-1/NIW, I-140 approved Jan 02, I-485 RD Apr 02, case filed VSC (NYC residence, NYC work), 2 FPs (FP1 Jun 02, FP2 Jan 04). Our case was xferred to MSC sometime in Mar 04 (found out online, no notice by mail at all), then xferred to NYC local office sometime in July 04 (found out when I called local Congressman's office for help, they found out through their "special" connection that the case was received at NYC, again no notice by mail). I have already posted about the whole Congressman thing. Please search for those posts.

We received interview notices about 3 wks ago by mail, date set for today, 11:30 a.m. I immediately called the IRS for tax return transcripts (takes a few days to get, so please do this as soon as you have an interview date) for last 3 years. Being paranoid, I asked for 4 years.

There is a list of docs you have to bring with you to the interview - birth certs, marriage certs, tax returns, W2, 1099s, tax transcripts, medicals (if you didn't already file them), APs & EADs (expired & current), H1B approval notices, photos, etc. (please don't quote me, I was assembling these like a robot).

Make copies of any originals.

Anyway, we showed up at 11:15 a.m. today at 26 Federal plaza by ourselves, no attorney. If you have an interview, you go around to the Worth Street entrance.
Before I left, I called the West Virginia FBI number to find out the date they sent FP results to INS (just in case they were going to give me some excuse like the FBI is holding up the fingerprinting results) - the customer rep told me that our latest FP results were submitted in Jan. 02. So far so good.

You go to the 8th floor, room 800, go to one of 2 dedicated counters (no waiting), sign 2X & fingerprinted twice for the actual green card. Then you WAIT, and WAIT and wait until they call your name. We waited 4 hours. In the meantime, I had to eat so I went to the 6th floor cafetaria. No real danger of being called then because it was clear to us that people whose appts were at 10:30 were not even being called by noon.

Finally we got called, followed an officer to a room (it's not that private, he left the door open). He asked us for copies of tax returns, W2 for past 2 years, copy of marriage cert, asked us for meds (I told him that we filed them with I-485 which he confirmed by looking up in the files which he had in front of him), he asked us the same questions found in I-485 app (e.g. have you ever been arrested, member of Communist party, etc. etc.) - just answer no with a straight face. Then he started this program on his computer which I believe is a "request for immigration visa number" - he just inputs your country of citizenship, I-485 category, A-number (twice), and the officer's name and submits. It should come back approved. Previously, I'd read on Rupnet about offices running out of visa numbers and the process stalling at this point. My husband's came back instantaneously approved. The officer however aborted mine midway due to a typo, and it interpreted his later request as a duplicate and rejected it! You can imagine my distress. I know many of you are computer professionals and at this point would want to jump in and help the person debug. I too had that urge. Please restrain yourself. You are just going to make the officer frustrated. My husband and I sat VERY quietly, not giving the officer any reason to get even more annoyed by making comments.

Don't forget to ask your officer his/her name! In case something bad happens, this is extremely useful. Also check with him/her the current address on your file because this is the address your GC will get sent to (we moved so we really needed to double check).

Anyway, the officer said he would have to clear up the disapproval by faxing some document to Washington D.C. I was quite distressed because it was already 3:30 p.m. but again restrained the urge to make any comment and frustrate the process even more. The officer stamped my husband's passport right there in front of us, and asked for any EADs he had ever had (we gave him the card) and my husband was free to go.
The officer said that he hoped that he could clear the matter in an hour (usual time frame for D.C. office to get back to him) but could not guarantee and all I could do was to wait around. Well you can imagine my internal frustration as it was already almost 4 p.m. and you know that gov. employees don't work a minute beyond 5 p.m. Again, I swallowed any comment that I had, and said that I would wait in the waiting area. To be fair, the officer seemed quite distressed at the computer glitch (said it had never happened to him before) and quite determined to make things right before the end of the day.

Anyway, I headed back to the waiting area, waited half an hour - the same officer called my name and emerged with my passport stamped! I gave him my EADs (current and old), quickly checked the stamp while there and headed home.

Although we brought photos (2 copies of both the profile & full head bcs not sure which is right - conflicting info from attorney and INS), the officer did not ask for them.

When I asked him if he wanted them, he said they were in the file. So I let it be.

Other questions (I believe these are all on the I-485 application) - previous marriages? divorce? children? ever had a J1 visa? fined, arrested? espionage? Communist party?

We also signed an attorney waiver and swore to tell the truth at the beginning of the interview.

congratulations & thank you skinnypup,
For posting the details on the intereview, I hv interview at 26 fed plaza next week, What is ur opinion on not taking the attorney along, my attorney says that mine is straight forward and their presence is not reqd(Charging a fortune $200 per hour if i need them), so i am going without them, coming to the security what is the number i could call please let me know so i can call them. Finally my wife didn't get interview although her case is in NYC local now, do you think the officers coordinate to take her interview along with mine (Just ur thought seeing the situation there). Thanks narrating ur exp at the office. What kind of attire is advisable for the interview , a suit or casual or business casual.

thank you
Sri

Our attorney also told us that the interview would be straightforward and recommended that we go by ourselves. I noticed that the people who brought attorneys with them to 26 Fed. Plaza generally could not speak/understand English very well. $200/hr isn't so bad, but they make you wait so long that the lawyer could be there for 5 hours - that's $1000. I made my husband skim through his I-140 application so that he could refresh his memory as to the basis of his application. Other than that, I made sure I had all the documents they listed and copies of originals. The interviewer didn't ask about the I-140 at all, just those questions in the I-485 application.

I would definitely bring your wife along. How could it hurt? But I would also bring along a copy of her I-485 application and all the equivalents of the documents that you have to bring (birth cert, EADs, APs, etc.) and an affidavit of support (notarized & signed - I think you can find one on uscis.gov). The worst that could happen is that she wastes a day waiting around with you. At the very least, the officer could potentially start a search for her file. But I wouldn't push it past the officer's patience. Your first priority should be to get that passport stamped.

I just googled for the FBI number - http://www.immihelp.com/gc/aos/fingerprints.html - 304-625-5590 or at 304-625-2406.

Thank you very much for the inputs, How abt the dress code, i mean ur thought on this. By the way in ur case, the interview was called for both or one.

Sorry for the trouble, I wish the interview goes smoothly
sri

Rchakra GC Lawyer

:) Rchakra GC, I am happy for you , everything went so well. Did you take the lawyer who takes care of my case and I had recommended to you?

Hey bobxu,

what about your interview is that done? are you still waiting

did they ask you to go to fingerprinting before interview

they gave me interview date to far almost three months

any one going for fp before interview??????????

skinnypub, congratulations! and thank you very much for the details.
My appoint is 10/4 at Garden City. My husband got 10/7 at GC. His case is derivative. We'll both go on 10/4.
As to the Affidavit of support, do we have to bring it? My husband has his own job. He will bring emp letter, pay check etc. Do we really need the affidavit for him?

Thanks,

hey guys, my one friend had a interview last week, uscis dint stamp his passport because of pending name check.

I dont want it to be happen with me thatswhy I called and faxed name check request, she at fbi head quarters said they are working on august 2nd inquiries

guys its better to have name chekc information before you going for interview.

Goodluck