New York City Transfers

Tata2003:
Do we need fill out the I864, for who? for both husband and wife? I didn't file it while summit 485.

good luck!

Transfers from VSC to MSC or NYC or any where..

Hi Tata2003,

Good luck to you for your interview. Thanks for the information.

Instant I surely will do that in keeping you informed about the Interview.

Thanks guys

lgwait said:
Tata2003:
Do we need fill out the I864, for who? for both husband and wife? I didn't file it while summit 485.

good luck!
My lawyer said to me not to woory about that...I guess he had that done before.But INS sent us 4 forms(I864) for 4 of us.

me too received I864 forms along with the interview letter, but my lawyer didn't mention I need to do it, I will call her later and ask.

Tata2003 said:
My lawyer said to me not to woory about that...I guess he had that done before.But INS sent us 4 forms(I864) for 4 of us.

Passport Validity

A ques to the people atteneded interview at federal plaza/anywhere, when the officer stamps the approval do they look on the validity time of the PP, Mine is valid for 4 months from the data of Interview. I am skeptical About taking a new PP before interview as it might give an impression on the other hand is this required to do.

Guys, when should I expect!!

Hi Guys

When should I expect an interview letter if I got transferred on July 19th 2004, Please some one give me some good news.
Thank You

I-140/I-485
RD : 01/10/03
ND : 02/07/03
I-140 : 03/18/03 (approved)
FP1 : 03/26/03
EAD1 : 04/10/03(APPROVED)
EAD2 : 05/12/04
TRANSFERRED : 07/19/04 (LOCAL NYC @ FEDERAL PLAZA)
I-485 : God please give patience to this tired soul!!!
:)

I got interview letter and second fp notice

Finally - I got both notice in one letter from Garden City office.
In the letter there are 2 pieces of paper asking for basically the same documents when I filed our I485. It even ask for a medical exam. I asked my lawyer, he said the one I took when filing I485 expired after a year. It should be standard letter.

Although we filed the I485 together, my spouse didn't get the interview letter. Hopefully the letter will arrive soon.

Any tip on interview will be appreciated.
rd: 11/5/2001
td: 3/26/2003
2nd fp: 8/2/2004
interview: 10/4/2004

Is the medical exam required? I didn't receive my interview notice becaused I moved and it was sent to my old address. But the lawyer's copy said: bring document - see attachment, but there's no any attachment(only the finger print and interview notice). So, could anyone else post what their attachment requires ? Or is there anyway I can ask for a new copy of my documents? Thanks!

( I took the medial exam in june 2002. )

standard forms sent by nyc for interview are for family based apps. you need to verify which docs apply to you-- not all. search fporm for info.

medical exam does not expire anymore. it amazes me that lawyers are so ignorant of the law!

search the forum and you will find a pdf of the USCIS document verifying this. show it to your lawyer and charge him $300 for the correct info!!

no one went to law school to be an immigration attorney....

hope that helps

Trij,
Same is my case, I did medical in 02 june and per this we don't need again, most likely i will not get it done again unless my attorny insists: http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/I693ExtMem10804.pdf
Coming to attched list, i moved recently and i didn't get my copy, the attorny's copy didn't have a list, and i have to make sure with my attorny if they got a list and forgot to pass it to me. When is yur interview and where(If its ok to mention).

Last edited by a moderator:
spouse not getting 2nd fp and interview notice

I got my 2nd fp and interview notice, but my husband didn't.
I'm the applicant, my husband is the drivative.
I talked to my lawyer, he said there is only one interview for both of us. But my husband should also get a 2nd fp notice.
I just had my 2nd fp this morning.
If my husband won't get the fp notice before our interview, what will happen to his case?
Do you have similar experience.
My case was transferred to 26 Federal Plaza, then MSC. Now the notice was from Garden city.
Will an inquiry at 26 Federal Plaza be helpful?

Thanks

search fporm

Can you give more details on searching fporm?
Do you mean search this forum, which I did and only got your posting.
Thanks

sundancekid said:
standard forms sent by nyc for interview are for family based apps. you need to verify which docs apply to you-- not all. search fporm for info.

medical exam does not expire anymore. it amazes me that lawyers are so ignorant of the law!

search the forum and you will find a pdf of the USCIS document verifying this. show it to your lawyer and charge him $300 for the correct info!!

no one went to law school to be an immigration attorney....

hope that helps

trij said:
Is the medical exam required? I didn't receive my interview notice becaused I moved and it was sent to my old address. But the lawyer's copy said: bring document - see attachment, but there's no any attachment(only the finger print and interview notice). So, could anyone else post what their attachment requires ? Or is there anyway I can ask for a new copy of my documents? Thanks!

( I took the medial exam in june 2002. )
You better check this out.My attorney said to me to repeat medical examination(INS sent us the forms) and the doctor we went said that medical is good for one year only.Our first one was done 2.5 years ago.We are going for interview this comming monday.I will post details....

waitForGC@485 said:
Yes. How did you order?
Thanks
You have to call or visit a IRS office and tell them you need to order a 1722 form or IRS printout (in my case for the past 3 years).They will mail it to you in 3 business days.Have your social security number available when you call them and if you had filed a joint income tax,have your spouse # too.
I live in NY (westchester) and I called this number: 1-800-829-8374.

**INS list of documents for interview includes a 1722 form from IRS even if I haven't filed income tax,but this is not my case.

tata your lawyer is wrong, but it doesnt matter... check the pdf posted by sriss in this thread now

good luck with your interview

for tax forms go to IRS website-- there is a 800# where you can order the statments from-- its free. however at my intervoew i only had to give copies of my returns not the IRS statements. but they are free so order them just in case. its an automated phone prompt sysytem-- you need ss# and address etc and the they arrive in the mail a week or so later

hope that helps

sundancekid said:
tata your lawyer is wrong, but it doesnt matter... check the pdf posted by sriss in this thread now

good luck with your interview

for tax forms go to IRS website-- there is a 800# where you can order the statments from-- its free. however at my intervoew i only had to give copies of my returns not the IRS statements. but they are free so order them just in case. its an automated phone prompt sysytem-- you need ss# and address etc and the they arrive in the mail a week or so later

hope that helps
Thnaks for your info.
I already have received a form 1722 from IRS.I ordered it by phone and received it in 3 days.It did not cost me anything.I am ready for interview next week,I hope to get our passports stamped.i will let you know.