New York City Transfers

My lawyer is going to write Garden City for the second time to see what's going on with my case. He also has to go in at the end of the month and will speak to the officer's supervisor who interviewed me last year. It's been 10 already since I had my interview and I haven't heard anything from them. In August it's gonna be 1 year. This is ridiculous.

10 months is too long

imho, the only thing that can be holding you up is fbi sec check

did you call fbi about your name check?

I wrote to INS when FBI cleared my name check-- and they did nothing-- I dont even know if the officer got the letter.

also in my interview the officer told me she checks once a month for security check to have cleared. my check cleared on apr 24. as of june 6 when i went there she had not checked it-- which in that 6 week means she should have checked it twice-- but obviously did not.

if you can find out that your namecheck cleared then they have no more excuses-- which is what i think happened with me

see top of main 485 vermont list for fbi info

At the interview she didn't mention anything about name check or security check. All she said was that my case looks good and when I mail her some other supporting documents she will make a decision on the case. I went in person and gave it at the information desk over 10 months ago they stamped the letter to show as a receipt.

this must be very frustrating for you

obviously, something is wrong somwhere-- and i mean service error not with your case

I think I would still call fbi and check that namecheck has cleared, also resend the info she requested by cert mail and contact senator/congressman/nyc mayors office for a status enquiry and make perosnal status check at garden city.

after waiting for 10 months, and with your rd/nd you have every right to do thses things. I do not think it will affect the outcome of your case-- you will be approved. [have you ever seen anyone on these boards not get approved-- even after the most terrible jourmey?

I certainly feel if I had not gone to fed plaza myself, I could be waiting many more months for them to contact me and eoither they got my letter and didnt care or never got it, but either way they never checked that my sec clearance had been done

I had been transferred on 10/30/02 [a year after filing]. Been to the FP26--been told that the case had been transferred to the GC. Got a letter from the GC asking for the employment letter and stuff.

Like many of you--been upset about the delays; keeping a person in a suspended state is a mental torture. Also, I've grown older while waiting and care less now--it's important to not to waste one's life chasing some green card thing, which is not green at all, but rosy, pink--heh?!

Disco

hi

My case was transferred to Missouri Service Center on 4/9/04.

On 6/9/04 received email from USCIS saying my case was "received here" for processing.

Today received another email from USCIS saying we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in NEW YORK, NY for processing. Our office in NEW YORK, NY will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

So what's next? Waiting for interview? Normally if case transferred to local office, will we just got approval without going for interview?

Please advise.

Thanks
RD 2/19/02

Most likely you should be getting an interview within the next couple of months, you should find out where in NY they transfered it Federal Plaza or Garden City.

My case been transfer from VSC to MSC on april 04. Today. I got this:

Transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in NEW YORK, NY for processing. Our office in NEW YORK, NY will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Who knows??? What's next?

to j4life95 or anyone: How do i get information on questions & answer on "civic lesson" during the interview.

-appriciate

I485 transferred to NYC

My case was submitted to Vermont in April 2002, but transferred to NYC in September 2003. When NYC lists the current processing date, do they refer to the transfer date? I read about only one very happy case, but it sounds soo unrealistic, almost like an INS commercial. The rest of us are somewhere in the dark. Any other ordealing or positive experiences? Thanks.

I see no light on the end of the tunel...

My case was submited no Vermont Service Center RD 02/01/2002 and transferred to NYC local office at 26 federal Plaza on 01/06/2003 to be schedule for a interview...and I am still waiting for the interview letter!!!
I went there (26 Federal Plz) to check status of my case last March and I was told that my case was in Missouri for them to schedule my interview wich will take place in NYC...I will wait forever!!!I am very angry!!!
If I do not hear from them by the end of this year,I will need to apply for my 4th EAD...This is unbelievable!!!

Someone on this post said that went to Federal Plaza, and the information officer told them that Missouri will start sending out interviews starting in July. I don't know how true that is.

That was me!!!

I was told by the INS officer,when I went there in March/04, that Missouri Service Center is going to start sending interview notices in July...but I don,t know how true that is...I hope I am almost there!

gclord--

i think you are confusing GC and citizenship

there is no civics test for GC

tat2003-- have you contacted senator/mayors office?

Senator / Mayor contact

Does anybody have a positive experience with contacting the Senators / Mayor's office ?
Any story of NYC interview after transfer? Is it really happening? Is it just a black hole?

It is beeing a long journey!!

sundancekid said:
gclord--

i think you are confusing GC and citizenship

there is no civics test for GC

tat2003-- have you contacted senator/mayors office?
No,I haven't contact anyone...should I?Who do you suggest and when??? 17 months just to schedule a interview is already too much,dont you think???

NYC processing times

Tata 2003: I do not understand: if NYC processes May 06 2002, then your case that was submitted on 02/02 should have gone through already.
Unless all the dates alternate, if they were randomly sent by Vermont.
In that case the "processing date" is completely useless.
Or even worse: the posted date is the date received by NYC and not the Vermont date?

tata2003

i think that if you have safe job, ap and ead then this is just a bureaucratic nightmare and you will be approved eventually

but otherwise and given your wait for an interview, I do not think it is unreasonable for you to contact senator/congreesman/mayors office after this much time since transfer

Thanks for your comments...
The thing is that I applied under law 245i and I had to pay a $1000,00 fee for beeing illegal here in US and I am not able to apply for Advance Parole(or,if I apply for one I can be approved but my lawyer says it is a risk to get out of the country,and I will have problems re-entering in US).That means:I am stuck here,can't visit my country!I got here using Turist visa 6 years ago.
I never changed job/I changed address once.(I notified INS and Lawyer)
My 140 was aproved in 5 months and I had my 1st EAD in one year from the PD.Since my case was transferred,I got stuck!I already have 3 EADs.
I am afraid they are using my transfer date as a notice date now.
PD:02/07/2001
RD:02/01/2002
ND:02/15/2002
1st EAD:03/2002
TD: from VSC to NYC:01/06/2003 (I hope this is not my RD...or ND...)

Ap

How does AP work? Is it the same with Re-entry Permit? Any experiences?
How can it be obtained? My lawyer said that he wouldn't advise me to request a Re-entry permit, because I had been for 10 years under pending political asylum , therefor under the 10 years bar.
Recently I withdrew the political asylum and have a I485 pending in NYC for an interview. Thanks for advices.