New York City Transfers

Tata2003

I went for my fingerprints at the Jamaica Office right on Guy Brewer Blvd near the E train, I know that they are open on Saturdays. You can probably go on a Saturday morning to find out if you can have your fingerprints taken there early. They are real friendly people and they work fast.

J4life95 said:
Tata2003

I went for my fingerprints at the Jamaica Office right on Guy Brewer Blvd near the E train, I know that they are open on Saturdays. You can probably go on a Saturday morning to find out if you can have your fingerprints taken there early. They are real friendly people and they work fast.
But if I have the fingerprints appointment to be done in New Rochelle-NY I only can do it there,rigth???I am so confuising...

tata--

i think so-- it should also be the office closest to your address. theres hould be info about the pffice hours on the fp notice and/or on the uscis website

i think you can go early-- if they notice that you are early-- tell them why [take you travel itinerary as well]--

if they wont do it, then i think you can change the appt while you are at the fp office. but i think they will just do your FP.

sundancekid said:
tata--

i think so-- it should also be the office closest to your address. theres hould be info about the pffice hours on the fp notice and/or on the uscis website

i think you can go early-- if they notice that you are early-- tell them why [take you travel itinerary as well]--

if they wont do it, then i think you can change the appt while you are at the fp office. but i think they will just do your FP.
Hi,thanks for your opinion.
I hope you are right.We will be able to go there this coming friday,I am waiting for my husband get some hours off from work.We do not want to go there early in the morning because we thing that is the busy hours and they will problaby say "no".We only have 7 days from the date that we received the app. letter to reschedule it, if we need,so time is running out...but we do not want to do that and my lawyer said that is up to us but he does not recommend us to reschedule it,because of the delays...in NYC.Only God knows what is going to happen...I will let you know...

so you go on friday and if they say no then you reschedule with them there or you call to reshedule -- on friday which is still within 7 days

but i bet they will do your fp on friday-- just go as if you are scheduled to be there. if they notice you are early explain and ask them nicely for their help[and take your travel tickets and itnerary.

i found the fingerpirnt people to be nice-- if you are nice to them--

again the worse that can happen is they say no and you reschedule.

sundancekid said:
so you go on friday and if they say no then you reschedule with them there or you call to reshedule -- on friday which is still within 7 days

but i bet they will do your fp on friday-- just go as if you are scheduled to be there. if they notice you are early explain and ask them nicely for their help[and take your travel tickets and itnerary.

i found the fingerpirnt people to be nice-- if you are nice to them--

again the worse that can happen is they say no and you reschedule.
Thanks for beeing so nice in giving your opinion...and your optimism,I appreciate it.

Can we get our PP Stamped @ Garden City after approval?

Did anyone get their Passport Stamped in Garden City office after approval without interview? or do we have to go to Federal Plaza building for stamping?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that you have to go to Federal Plaza for stamping, Garden City doesn't take walk ins unless you are scheduled for an interview there.

renew EAD and AP

Hi, I'm going to renew my EAD and AP. This will be my 4th EAD.
Has anyone recently renewed using E-Filing? Please let me know if you notice any procedure change.
It seems the application fee has increased a lot.

Last year I renewed in the traditional way. After I got the receipt notice, I have to call the 1-800 number to schedule an app to have photo and finger print taken. If I choose E-Filing, can I call 1-800 to schedule app right away? If yes, it will save about a month time.
Any other advantages E-Filing has over the paper filing?
Although my case is at MSC. I was told that I should still file with 26 Federal Plaza and they will forward it to MSC.

Thanks!

Personally, I don't suggest you e-filling. I did my 3rd e-EAD renewal on 2/4/04, did photo and finger prints 3/20, online updated 3/25. Haven't get approved until today. my file also with MSC. yes, you can call to schedule an appt right away, but the waiting time is much loinger than traditional paper filling, at least is happened to me. By the way, does anyone know what can I do now? only waiting? my old card has expired last month.

waitForGC@485 said:
Hi, I'm going to renew my EAD and AP. This will be my 4th EAD.
Has anyone recently renewed using E-Filing? Please let me know if you notice any procedure change.
It seems the application fee has increased a lot.

Last year I renewed in the traditional way. After I got the receipt notice, I have to call the 1-800 number to schedule an app to have photo and finger print taken. If I choose E-Filing, can I call 1-800 to schedule app right away? If yes, it will save about a month time.
Any other advantages E-Filing has over the paper filing?
Although my case is at MSC. I was told that I should still file with 26 Federal Plaza and they will forward it to MSC.

Thanks!

Hi everyone...

Just to let you know that we went to the New Rochelle support center today for early Fingerprints (as I've said before) and they were such a nice people and took mine and my husband's FP with no problem...They just asked us why we wanted a early FP and I explained to them that we already have booked a vacation to Florida and we showed our tickets intinerary.We had to spend about 20 min. there.There were only 2 people inside the office.
I am so happy they did it for us!
Thank you all for your support and suggestions.
Tata2003.

I was surprised to get my "welcome notice" today-- actually two [duplicates]

It is dated June 23 and says I should recieve my plastic card within 3 weeks

it has a new EAC # for my case, and the notices came from vermont.

received green card-- which is actually white!

dated 6/24 mailed 6/26 from kentucky

2 wierd/random things-- hologram still says DOJ / INS not uscis

and approval date was 5/19/04 which bears no relation to any date in my case!

can't believe I'm done after 4 years!

again thanks to Rajiv Khanna

good luck to you all

:) CONGRATULATIONS!!
You are the first lucky case I read about when I subscribed to this site a while ago. I couldn't remember when your case was transferred to NYC.
GOOD LUCK !

Please..Good lawyer name and number needed in Long Island (preferable)and/or NYC area

Hi friends,
I have been browsing the great information you all have posted and cannot thank everyone here enough for sharing there experiences! Extremely helpful!

My question: Can one of you be so kind to give name and phone number of a lawyer in the Long Island (preferred) and/or the New York City area who I could consult and have oversee my case? Your reference to a good lawyer will be greatly appreciated!

My details:
RD: April 2002.
Changed jobs after 9 months of getting I485 Receipt notice
I think I am okay considering the AC21 180 days rule. Job is in similar area but title is different now than on original labor cert. Pay is same and industry is similar.
I have been called for an interview at Garden City for Aug 5th and also received 2nd FP notice and got that FP done yesterday.
Not working with a lawyer currently but need one ASAP to discuss what documents I need plus to find out if I need to send in an AC21 letter informing INS of my job change? Is that needed?

Also, I think these guys go by RD regardless of TD as my RD is April 2002 and they called me for interview. My TD is April 2003 and based on that they would not call me so soon. So, dont worry, u guys should get calls very soon, if not already.

BTW, Is is better or worse to take lawyer with you to interview? Pros and cons? Also, is it necessary to send AC21 letter to inform them of job change? Still waiting for my wifes FP notice and Interview letter, amazing how these guys dont send them together considering we filed together!! Is this normal? Thanks guys and you guys have been super!
Best regards.

Nyc Transfers Tracking

I wonder how many cases were transferred to NYC in 2003, with an initial RD from Vermont in 2002.
And how many of these cases have received an invitation letter for an interview.
Would you mind sharing any information you might have?

RD_VSC May 02, 2002
TD_NYC Sept 26, 2003.

It is better to take a lawyer with because they can give you advise and they know the law better than immigration. You have a better chance of an approval. I had my interview at garden city and i'm waiting for a decision on my case.

I know a good lawyer who reasonable the name of his firm is

Immigration Advocacy Service Inc
2442 Steinway St
Long Island City, NY 11103
(718) 956-8218

His name is Min Huang

Thanks J4Life95!

Thanks J4life95. I will contact Ming and see what he has to say. By the way, you are also AC21 case like me? I got laid off 9 months after filing AOS 485 and did not inform INS of my job change yet. My title is different and duties are also slightly different but using same skill sets. What did they ask from you during interview? How long after u filed AOS, did you leave ur petitioning company? Is your title and all that same? Thanks so much and I will keep you posted what happens. I am sure u will hear from them soon. 10 months is too long! God bless.

Have any of you guys heard of Allen Kayes.. he is a famous immigration lawyer in NYC? How is he and his firm? Any experiences or word of mouth? Thanks so much!

J4life95: How much did your lawyer charge you for going to the interview? He quoted me 750? Also, what did they charge for EVL letter preparation and AC21 letter? These guys are saying $500 or so? Sound reasonable? Thanks.