New York City Transfers

Tata 2003

Oh, now I realize, you are facing the same problem as me : not being able to leave the country..I have been in this situation for 13 years..since then..so many things I have been enduring..my life has been on the edge continuously.

hi, INSTANT

I feel sory for you...your case is even worse...I hope you get approved soon.
Best wishes!
Tata2003

Tata2003

Thanks, I am sure it can always be worse.
Maybe your previously filed political asylum delays your case. The new I485 Labor case might have to be confronted with your immigration file that was opened when you applied for asylum 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, my experience with the asylum is as follows: applied in 1991, since then no word, but they had been renewing the EAD .
13 years later, they did not reach that file yet! Moreover, at one point they approved 2 EADs one based on asylum, the other one on Labor Cert.
(Labor Cert started in 2000, after one year of ads, sent to Vermont in May 2002 then transferred to NYC in Sept 2003. )
Finally, I sent them a letter to withdraw my asylum, but it's been one year and they didn't sent me a confirmation letter about it.
Based on your experience, I think that there is a mix up between the Labor Cert and the old Asylum .

INSTANT said:
Thanks, I am sure it can always be worse.
Maybe your previously filed political asylum delays your case. The new I485 Labor case might have to be confronted with your immigration file that was opened when you applied for asylum 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, my experience with the asylum is as follows: applied in 1991, since then no word, but they had been renewing the EAD .
13 years later, they did not reach that file yet! Moreover, at one point they approved 2 EADs one based on asylum, the other one on Labor Cert.
(Labor Cert started in 2000, after one year of ads, sent to Vermont in May 2002 then transferred to NYC in Sept 2003. )
Finally, I sent them a letter to withdraw my asylum, but it's been one year and they didn't sent me a confirmation letter about it.
Based on your experience, I think that there is a mix up between the Labor Cert and the old Asylum .
As I was told by a INS officer that MSC is going to start sending out interview notices in July/04,I guess I should wait until agust or september and see what happends,if I do not hear from them by sep. I will contact a senator...but if they are taking Transfer Date as a"new"notice date I will have a lot more to wait!That is bad!!!

received the plastic cards

HI,
We received our plastic cards exactly after 1 month after approval.
case details
rd 10/29/01
td 2/18/03
ID 5/10/04
PS 5/10/04
CARDS RECEIVED 6/14/04
THANKS TO EVERYONE
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY

SHREYA321 :)

Now...I see a ligth on the end of the tunnel...

We have just received a letter from INS local office in NYC(26 Federal Plaza) scheduling my 2nd FP and interview.I mean for me and the rest of my family(husband and sons).The FP is scheduled for 07/16/04 and the interview will be on 08/09/04,there is a list of documents we should bring with us and they also included a medical forms to be fill out but we already had our medical done about 2 and half years ago.I still have to call my lawyer to discuss this with him.
We are worried about the FP date because we are not going to be here in NY,we've booked a vacation to Florida for that week(7/11 to 7/18) and we have only 7 days from the posting date to call INS and reschedule the FP date,we didn't want to do that...What should we do??Please post your comments...
RD:02/01/2002
ND:02/15/2002
TD to NYC:01/06/2003
3 EADs,1 FP,no RFE no AP and did not contact any senator or congressman.

that's great news for you!

the interview letter is standard and is for family based apps so some of it doesnt apply.

i think you can go early for your prints at 201 varick st-- search the forum there has been a lot of info about this-- i went early for my fp

if they give you a problem explain your situation-- they weren't bad people when I went [3 times!]

there is a pdf of USCIS memo here on the forum extending the validity of medicals for duration of 485 app'n

you could also contact fbi to make sure your name check has cleared-- this way you know you will be approved at your interview.

I was 245i and all i was asked for at interview was 3yr tax and emp letter

there is also a good cafe on 6th floor of 26 fed if you have a long wait!

good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tata2003

Finally your time has come, hope everything goes well, it shouldn't be a problem to go in early for fingerprints, heard of some people who went early and was no problem. Today my lawyer went in to Garden City, he said that when he goes in he'll talk to the supervisor regarding my case, I hope he doesn't forget. It's been 10 months since my interview there and I haven't heard anything.

Hi Sundancekid an J4life95...

Thanks a lot for your replay...I really appreciate your opnion on my case.
I still don't believe a got a interview scheduled,since my case was transferred to a NYC office almost 18 months ago it looks like Iam having a dream...I know my case is not even approved yet but I am now very excited!I still have a couple of question for you...
Do you have an idea how early we can go for FP,if they accept us...
Do we have to call INS anyway going for FP appointment on a different day from the date they gave us,or just go straight to their office?(We are suppose to get it done in New Rochelle-NY) I was reading the instruction again and I don't think we will need another medical examination.That is good.
Looks like they start to do things at INS and I am sure that we all will get our approvals soon.
Good luck to all of you!
PS:We got just one envelope with our names on it(4 of us) and four interview letters and FP appointments.All the same time and place.

Tata2003

Great Tata2003, I am very happy for you!
I think you might have the option of rescheduling the FP appointment by phone.
Try calling the general 1-800 number, they might have an open time even this week. Did you get to contact a Congressman/ Senator/Mayor? Did you apply for I485 under 245i? GOOD LUCK!!

INSTANT said:
Great Tata2003, I am very happy for you!
I think you might have the option of rescheduling the FP appointment by phone.
Try calling the general 1-800 number, they might have an open time even this week. Did you get to contact a Congressman/ Senator/Mayor? Did you apply for I485 under 245i? GOOD LUCK!!
I was waiting for end of July to contact senator or congressman,as I said before,when I went there to find out status of my case I was told that they were going to start scheduling interviews in July then I was going to wait a little more...
Yes I applied under law 245i,EB3 and process start date is 02/07/2001 and RD for I485 is 02/01/2002
ND:02/15/2002
TD:01/06/2003
3EADs,no AP,no RFE...

245 eligibility

You might want to try calling to reschedule the FP as soon as possible.
I am worried about my 245i dates: the eligibility is to have sent I140 or Labor Certification prior to AUG 2001.
But my employer spent the whole 2000 with the ads, then the package went to DOL on 03/26/2001, approved by DOL 01/22/2002, I140 sent in Feb 2002,
I485 RD 05/02/2002, NYC TD 09/2003.
Could you please let me know what was the date for your I140?
I wish you a great and happy vacation in Florida, hope with your fingerprints done!
All the BEST ! :)

to be clear, I only said varick st because I thought you are in NYC. you should go to where the USCIS tell you to go for FP

i think that the worse that can happen if you go early, is that they say no.

Hi Tata2003: Finally, there seems some light and good luck to you and your family. I am also a 245-i applicants and our files got transfer from vsc to msc then to NY as of last week. Did you pay 1000 for all your family member to cover under 245-i?

-Thanks and let us know how is interview goes because that will give other 245-i applicants some greate information for their interview.

INSTANT said:
I am worried about my 245i dates: the eligibility is to have sent I140 or Labor Certification prior to AUG 2001.
But my employer spent the whole 2000 with the ads, then the package went to DOL on 03/26/2001, approved by DOL 01/22/2002, I140 sent in Feb 2002,
I wish you a great and happy vacation in Florida, hope with your fingerprints done!
My i-140 info:
Priority date:April 16,2001
Notice date:Dec. 3,2001 (approval date) submited medicals end of december.
1st EAD: 03/04/2002

INSTANT said:
I mean: Notice date is December 3,2001....

sundancekid said:
to be clear, I only said varick st because I thought you are in NYC. you should go to where the USCIS tell you to go for FP

i think that the worse that can happen if you go early, is that they say no.
I really hope that they do not say no...

gclord2002 said:
Hi Tata2003: Finally, there seems some light and good luck to you and your family. I am also a 245-i applicants and our files got transfer from vsc to msc then to NY as of last week. Did you pay 1000 for all your family member to cover under 245-i?

-Thanks and let us know how is interview goes because that will give other 245-i applicants some greate information for their interview.
Yes,we had to pay a $1000 fee in the begginning of the process for me and my husband,not for our kids(both are under 14 ).

FP _Tata2003

I would call and try to reschedule the FP, rather than just showing up at the FP center. Last time when I had my FP done (as scheduled), I noticed they had a database from which they extracted my name.
Anyway, you should try both ways, best of luck. :)