New York City Transfers

Can't believe I am done

Just got done with the interview and got my passport stamped. Really wanted to share this with all of you have helped me maintain my sanity through the process. I was collecting all my papers yesterday and realized
that I started the process on May 15, 1999; five years and two days later I am finally done.This posting my be a little incoherent as I am about to board a flight.

Anyway here are the details. Interview lasted 20minutes and for 18 minutes the officer asked me details about how he should be investing his money. The reamining two minutes he asked the perfuctory questions about crimes etc. and then asked me for an updated medical record. I took a copy of the recently issued memorandum by USCIS on January 8, 2004, they have extended the validity of civil surgeon endorsements until adjustment of status applications could be adjudicated. He saw this and said it was fine. He then said I would either hear back from them in a few weeks if they had any questions or I would receive my greencard in the mail. I asked if there was any way I could get my passport stamped while I was there and he said that they still hadn't approved my case and he didn't even know where the stamp was as they haven't been stamping passports recently as the physical card comes so quickly. I insisted a little and he disapperated for 10 minutes came back and said that he got my case approved and found the stamp. He stamped my passport and ended my five year ordeal. He didn't ask for employment lettter, tax, or anything else.

My wife still hasn't received her interview but he couldn't give me an update on that.

Have to run. I really want to say thank you to all of you for all your help and support. My case proves that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Best
-deguchi

Hi deguchi,

Congratulations! I am really happy for you and I hope your wife's case gets approval soon.
Today you have a reason to celebrate.No more headaches!
I am still waiting for my day,and believe me,it will be a very special one.
Enjoy it.
Tata2003

I am happy for you,
Congrats...

Deguchi,

Do you know the name of the officer that interviewed you, was it a spanish lady? Can't wait to get my approval. It's gonna be 9 months since I had my interview at garden city and I still didn't get a response from them. My lawyer went over everything even drafted out employment letters for company to write. He wasn't at the interview with us. I don't know why that lady is taking so long just to make a decision on a case that she said is ok and everything is in order. She insisted that we send her a financial report from the company and a new employment letter. That was done 9 months ago and delivered by hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Your case bring me a little hope.
When did you get your interview letter?
The timing of my case is similar to yours
RD Nov 5 2001
TD Mar 26 2003
No interview letter yet.

Thanks,

shreya321 said:
:cool: hi all,
we got our passport stamped after the interview.Let me give the details.
We had an appointment today 10am.We reached there at 9 am.Called for the interview at 9.45 am.The lady who interviewed us was extremely nice lady.Interview took just about 20 mins.She didn't ask much documents att all.Just employment letter and tax returns.she didn't even ask for marriage certificate or proof of marriage.she didn't even look at those documents she requested..I don't even know why it got transferred.she stamped our passports and told us we will receive our green card with in 2 months.
that was a big relief :)
RD AUG 28 2001
TD FEB 18 2003
INTERVIEW DATE MAY 10 2004
APPROVED MAY 10 2004
:cool: Iam same person who used to post with user name KRISHNAVARAN
THANKS EVERYBODY
SHREYA321

waitForGC@485
we got the interview letter at the end of july 2003.that would be within 6 months.
thanks
shreya321

J4life95 said:
I am happy for you,
Congrats...

Deguchi,

Do you know the name of the officer that interviewed you, was it a spanish lady? Can't wait to get my approval. It's gonna be 9 months since I had my interview at garden city and I still didn't get a response from them. I really think that the officer who interviewed me was prejudice by the way she treated us, she had no reason whatsoever not to approve our case on the spot. My lawyer went over everything even drafted out employment letters for company to write. He wasn't at the interview with us. I don't know why that lady is taking so long just to make a decision on a case that she said is ok and everything is in order. She insisted that we send her a financial report from the company and a new employment letter. That was done 9 months ago and delivered by hand.

The person who interviewed me was a caucasian male. I didn't take a lawyer with me either. It does sound like a really long time not to hear back from them. Have you tried writing and going in person to get an update?
Hope you hear back soon.
-deguchi

My lawyer did write her a letter, but didn't get a response that was 2 months ago. He told me that he knows the officer and she takes her time, but has never denied any of his cases.

It seems I'm forgotten. I hope my case is not lost. I have got no response from BCIS after my first finger print Feb 2002.
I found out my case was transferred by calling 1-800 number and filed a case status inquiry last year.
I'll soon be renewing my EAD. It's my 4th EAD.
This year, I've called the 1-800 again and filed another inquiry, no response. When to 26 Federal Plaza, only learned my case is with MSC.
Hi folks, any suggestion what I can do to find out the status of my case?

Thanks a lot,

shreya321 said:
waitForGC@485
we got the interview letter at the end of july 2003.that would be within 6 months.
thanks
shreya321

Why don't you write a letter to Senator Charles Schumer, this is his website you will have to sign a consent form and write an explanation of your situation to him. I wrote him this week because I have been waiting 9 months since I had my interview at Garden City, NY for approval.
Here's the link

Senator Charles Schumer

To J4life95: Thank you very much for the Senator's website Link. This is what I have been looking for a long time. I will make an inquire to his office.

To J4life95:

Thanks a lot for the suggestion and website. I'll write the letter this week.
Please keep us posted if you get any message back.
I've wrote a letter to Hilary Clinton on her website, but there has been no response.

No problems guys, I also wrote a letter to Senator Hillary Clinton, but on her website you also had to sign the privacy waiver form along with the letter and mail it in so I don't think she can do anything unless her office calls and request those forms. According to Senator Schumer's website it will take between 6-8 weeks for them to get a response from INS. I have read on this site that those people who wrote letters to their state senators had some sort of action taken on their cases. I really hope that mines will also. Hope that something is done about your case.

new processing dates in nyc jump forward again?

from website

District Office Processing Dates for New York City NY Posted May 13, 2004
Now Processing Cases with Receipt Notice Date of:

I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status March 08, 2002

Yes I saw that...

...Iam ND 02/15/2002,Iam still waiting.
Well VSC is now processing receipts with ND as of 02/15/2002...There was where everything started...
I hope we are lucky enougth to receive interview notice soon.

Did any of you guys who wrote a senator lately regarding your case received a response? How do they normally respond by phone or mail? I wrote to senator Charles Schumer.

approved and passport stamped!

[if senator clinton/schumer do not respond and you live in NYC you can also try the NYC mayors office of immigrant affairs.]

Details

Labor June 2000 RIR, labor dept lose file, resubmit duplicate, labor dept find 1/2 of first file, first disqualify for 2 app's, and then send RFE for missing info.

March 2001, labor approved, 9 months instead of 9 weeks...

I 140 March 2001, rfe August 2001 for employment contract-- not letter!

I 140 approved November 2001 [H1 expired Feb 2001 so have to use 245i and pay $1000 fine-- not eligible for AP

I 485 Jan 2002 [lazy/incompetent lawyer]

FP 1 feb 2002

FP2 July 2003

transfer to NYC August 2003

Interview Notice December 2003

FP 3 jan 2004 -- not done aborted by supervisor

Interview Feb 2004 -- not approved at interview due to pending FBI name check

FBI tell me on May 6 that name check cleared April 24 2004

write to USCIS informing them name check cleard and 6 weeks later, still no approval notice, nothing

so today I just went to USCIS office, no appointment, nothing, to ask about status of my case. arrived at 1pm went to 3rd floor for green enquiry form, then to 8th floor. [2 mins]

saw the counter person, told them the FBI had called me and told me my name check cleared-- [which she could not believe]. She told me to take a seat to see if the officer who interviewed me was there.

2 mins later she called me back asked if I could wait an hour, as the officer wanted to go for her lunch. [I said after 4 years whats another hour...}

then she asked me for my passport and EAD's I 94.

I asked if they were going to stamp my passport and she said yes. I literally could not speak.

and one hour later they did. she told me 1 year for the plastic card

if they hadn't made me wait for the officer to have lunch, I would have been done in 15 mins

So my passport was stamped with no approval notice and my card has been ordered

for those of you who have had interview and approval is pending only name check and FBI have told you the name check cleared-- I suggest you go to USCIS office on stamping day [fri for nyc} and make an enquiry

AD June 4 2004

4 months after interview and 4 years after I started the process

many thanks to Rhajiv Khanna for this site. I just do not know what I would have done without it

good luck to you all

Congratulations

That is incredible. Although the details of our ordeals vary, the common theme is that all the suffering eventually comes to an end. Another one done and a few more to go.
-deguchi

Sundancekid,

congratulations! I feel very happy for you. I hope my ordeal will end soon.
I live in NYC, I send both senator a mail last month to inquiry my I 485 case.
If I don't get any response, I'd like to try the mayors office.
Can you give more detail on this? Really appreciated.

sundancekid said:
[if senator clinton/schumer do not respond and you live in NYC you can also try the NYC mayors office of immigrant affairs.]

you can find the contact info through nyc.gov, office of immigrant affairs--
they can contact USCIS congressional liason people in NYC office just like senator's can.

also, if you can find the time, I suggest you go down to NYC office /26 fed plaza on Friday-- about 12-1pm the place was absolutely empty as they dont do interviews on a friday-- to make a status enquiry

you do not need to go at 5 am and wait for hours

there will be no line at the main door, tell the guards you need to get some forms, then go to the 3rd floor [310 i think] for "info" they give you a green enquiry form to fill out and a numbered ticket then go to 8th floor

that all took less than 5 minutes before I spoke to counter person

hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
sundancekid, your tip is very useful. I've been to 26 Federal plaza couple months ago. The representitive on 8th fl told me my case was not with them. After I showed her my I765 renewal receipt notice from Mossouri Service Center, she told me that's where my case is.
But to renew EAD, I should file with 26 Federal plaza and then they will forward it. Other than that, she can't or won't give me any further info.
I'm so desperate. I wanted to move to a better house in New Jersey, but I can not. I'm stucked in a tiny, expensive apartment in NYC.
Sometimes I'm wondering if we, immigrants, really have human rights in this country.