New York City Transfers

Hey rangdhonu

Congraulations, Can you please post your complete details starting from your LC to completion with dates. I just want to make a record of it and whoever else who is a 245(i). Thank You

Congratulation

Newyorker012

Hey rangdhonu

Congraulations, could you also post questions that were asked. Thanks.. what docs did they request and what did they look at.. ? Congratulations once again. You better stay with the complany for a while not sure how long but for a good 4-6 months..... I maybe wrong but to avoid pain in the future take the pain now...

rangdhonu said:
Our Passports were stamped after 33 months of wait!! The saga finally ended. Just to give you guys heads up... ...

I was 245i applicant and that's why the file was transferred to the local office ( VSC to Missouri center to NYC). The file was transferred on June and interview date was in the middle of Dec. The officer was nice and he was much more interested in looking at the financial and employment documents. Interview lasted about 30 min. Thanks God it's finally over!!!

Now I have a question- I have been working for the company (which had sponsored me) for the last two years. Do I need to stay with them additional 6 months
---yes to be safe or at the time of citizenship USCIS will know that you never intended to work with comany whose job offer letter was base of your GC and you commited a fraud just to get GC and left employer next day, better stick with them for 6 months OR get a letter from then that they dont have job for you and keep that letter with you till citizenship is approved

or it would not matter if I leave them in a month or two? I have an excellent offer which is hard to pass? Does anyone know anything about it? Should I wait until I get the GC?
---wait 6 months to be safe
Thanks to all the members in this board and special thanks to Rajiv Khanna. Some of you guys are simply wonderful and extremely helpful....

For those who are still waiting.. I know your pain but don't be discouraged. You certainly will shine..

RD- Mar 2002
TD- Jun 2004
Several finger prints and EADs
AD-Dec 2004

Congrats rangdhonu on your stamping, enjoy your freedom.

Johar u are next for stamping...

Newyorker, Tasneem: looks like we are going to get our letters soon too...

rangdhonu said:
Our Passports were stamped after 33 months of wait!! The saga finally ended. Just to give you guys heads up... ...

I was 245i applicant and that's why the file was transferred to the local office ( VSC to Missouri center to NYC). The file was transferred on June and interview date was in the middle of Dec. The officer was nice and he was much more interested in looking at the financial and employment documents. Interview lasted about 30 min. Thanks God it's finally over!!!

Now I have a question- I have been working for the company (which had sponsored me) for the last two years. Do I need to stay with them additional 6 months or it would not matter if I leave them in a month or two? I have an excellent offer which is hard to pass? Does anyone know anything about it? Should I wait until I get the GC?

Thanks to all the members in this board and special thanks to Rajiv Khanna. Some of you guys are simply wonderful and extremely helpful....

For those who are still waiting.. I know your pain but don't be discouraged. You certainly will shine..

RD- Mar 2002
TD- Jun 2004
Several finger prints and EADs
AD-Dec 2004

Hey TD

Looks like things are looking up to us, but looks at his rd, it is Jan02 so I don't understand how this gets scheduled, according to the rd which is currently processing Aug 02 while his is jan02...

Whatz the deal here ..

Newyorker

hi Newyorker, his RD is Mar 02 and TD is June,04 so he must have recevied interview letter in September,04 or so ...

That means our Perception that 245(i) takes longer than regular cases is wrong, looks like they are processing based on RD of I485 and not TD date.

Newyorker012 said:
Hey TD

Looks like things are looking up to us, but looks at his rd, it is Jan02 so I don't understand how this gets scheduled, according to the rd which is currently processing Aug 02 while his is jan02...

Whatz the deal here ..

Newyorker

TD

don't you think that it is quite unusual him getting an interview letter within 3 months.. I have seen no such case who are 245(i) and have been transferred & getting their letters within that time. Yeah I have seen the non-245(i) cases getting interviews that soon. what do u think?

Newyorker

Hi Newyorker,
May be they are processing cases based on RD, and since his RD was March 02 and was current as per local processing dates they might have scheduled interview...

it's very confusing...

Newyorker012 said:
TD

don't you think that it is quite unusual him getting an interview letter within 3 months.. I have seen no such case who are 245(i) and have been transferred & getting their letters within that time. Yeah I have seen the non-245(i) cases getting interviews that soon. what do u think?

Newyorker

I completely understand newyorker's feelings. I am on a count down and a day feels like a year. Anyway, it is better late than never. This forum relieves a part of the stress.... Good luck to every one..

Hey Joharbhai---howz it going

That's a good word Countdown, I started counting down from 365 days now and it has already passed zero, I think I am on -564 days... what about the others :)

Newyorker012

Thank you very much guys...

Yes, it might be quite unusual getting the interview date so quickly! Here is the catch... My LC date is Jan 1998 ( yes this is correct!!). Applied under non-RIR category. RIR then just started so my lawyer didn't want to take chance. Got stuck in the biggest backlog of LC history. You guys are probably aware of. LC was approved in Sept 2001! I'm from Bangladesh and therefore, the priority date is pretty current ( not sure if this matters).

I was not expecting the interview so early and neither did I ran by any senator or congressman. Fortunately, got the interview letter in Sept.

We were asked to show financial documents ( 3 year Tax, W-2 and 3 pay-stubs etc.), current job letter, I-94 and proof of marriage ( marriage certificate and baby's birth certificate etc).

I believe it depends on the officer who interviews you. Some will give you hard time and some will be very nice to you. In general, NYC center is pretty friendly and much lenient.

Good luck to all of you and have a wonderful happy new year...

newyorker: I started the countdwon in april 2001 and am still doing so. Right now my count down is different since I have a little over a week to either get the stamp or otherwise.. I hope every one's get a happy ending to their countdown..

rangdhonu: Thanks for the helpfull details. I greatly appreciate it and you enjoy your new year as a free person... Happy new year

Hey Johar bhai

When you say your countdown begin on april 01, is that the date of your RD for 485 or the labor date...

If that's the labor date then it is the same for me too..

Newyorker

newyorker012: April 2001 is my I485 RD date. My labor was filed in 1999. I have an EB2 case. I was never illegal, never changed job or title. Stayed in the same job for the last 6.5 yrs.

Joharali,

If your 485rd is 04/01 then whatz the problem that's stopping you from getting the interview letter, I thought they were processing RD 08/02

Whatz the deal here?

Newyorker012

newyorker012: I have my interview scheduled and have it posted on two sites. Maybe poeple just skipped through my timelines. Why you think I was asking coldfusion all those questions. Does this answer your question newyorker bhai. I can post my timelines again if you like me to. My countdwon is real countdown.. and hoping for a stamp....

Need Help regarding EAD renew

Dear All,

Need your advice on my EAD renew:

my case is 245i, EB2, interviewed Aug. 25, pending bcz backgroud checking. My 3rd EAD will expiry in June 2005. Do you think I should start to apply for my 4th EAD renew or wait for the approval? If renew, should I send to the New York local office?

Thanks for your help!
trij

hi everone
congrats rangdhonu (i hope i have spelled ur username correctly) enjoy ur freedom
if they r processing according to rd date than my rd date is may 02 so why did my letter not come within 3 months since my transfer was in july 04
this is the mysterious world of uscis
johar u will be soon out of this mess get prepared for the D DAY

hi trj
u still have not heard from them since your interview in august what does your lawyer have to say about this?
regarding ur renewal of ead i too will have to soon go through the painful process of renewing my 4 th ead so the best bet is to ask ur lawyer where u actually have to send the renewal papers but i think u should wait u should get a approval by june 2005 they cn't be so CRUEL