New York City Transfers

tdwait: All the posts are appreciated. I guess this the only way I can reduce the stress of waiting. I just do not know how I waited for such a long period of time but it is almost over, I hope for the best though :)

documents

Johar,

Interview letter asks for

Passport with I-94
Interview letter and
Tax Returns

But the document which came with it had the following

1 Passport with I-94 & VISA
2 All I-485 documents submitted
5 EAD Cards
6 Certificate of Credentials
7 Other documents establishing the basis of Immigration petition
8 Employment letter
10 Birth Certificate
11 Marriage Certificate
12 Paystubs
13 Tax Returns with certified IRS copies
15 Parole documents
16 Driver Licence
19 Immigration Photographs
21 Medical and Affidavit of Support

Waiting for interview letter

I gues i'm another member of this club.
Any idea how long.

labor rd.11/98
i-140 ad .12/02
i 485 nd 4/03
fp1 5/03
TD to NYC 8/04
fp2 10/04

Thanks coldfusion. One more question. What exactly do you mean by "the documents which came with it?" Do you mean you had another letter requesting these documents or they mailed you these documents with it. Just to clarify, I got only one page letter saying bring the items marked "X" and only tow are marked "X". The reason I am asking is, I really do not get much time and am not sure if I will be able to gather all the documetns you mentioned.
98CRO: Wellcome to the club. I guess you beat me by your labor date buy then I beat everyone by I485 date. I guess, you should be getting you interview letter soon since you got your fp2...

IS THERE A GOOD SAMPLE EMPLOYMENT LETTER ON THIS FORUM FOR THE INS INTERVIEW? Will appreciate any comments.../help

Any idea how FP scheduling works? Some are getting FP notice soon after transfers, while others get it with interview letter!

I was fingerprinted once in Nov.02. since then they never got new fingerprints from me, I even got my 3rd EAD now.

any idea?

98CRO said:
I gues i'm another member of this club.
Any idea how long.

labor rd.11/98
i-140 ad .12/02
i 485 nd 4/03
fp1 5/03
TD to NYC 8/04
fp2 10/04

Hi Johar, All the best for your interview. I am sure u will get it.

Johar Ali said:
tdwait: All the posts are appreciated. I guess this the only way I can reduce the stress of waiting. I just do not know how I waited for such a long period of time but it is almost over, I hope for the best though :)

hello everyone Johar and my Bombay friend Newyorker
its seems everyone is waiting for Johar's interview so Mr Johar app se sab ko bahut umeeday hai !And by the way it is not true that ony you and newyorker r keeping this forum alive i am also there beside immigration i also give free information on which Bollywood movies to watch and which to pass so i am a very important member of this forum. :)So don't forget me.

Hey Joharbhai & Tasneem

Apun ne aaj sablok ko bahut miss kiya yaar, Could not come on to post some of my comments but yeh apna boss hai na bahut hamali karwata hai kabhi kabhi. Abhi mere GC aayega to phir batainga Bombaywala Kya aafat ka naam hai.

Anyways it is not true ke apun aur johar is keeping it alive since I started posting seeing tasneem posting some good post too. So letz the good times roll...

I have a song for us yaar,.. Tere bin mai kuch bhi nahee mere bin tu kuch bhi nahee tere sare aasu mere meri sari khushiya teri....... wagairah wagairah

hey newyorker: How is going. I am sure you are having fun. Don't leave the forum man. What will I do without you. It seems like others are too busy to come this forum or may be too frustrated. Hope for the best but expect the worse. There are always two type of endings to a story.. the hapily ever after ending the best one.. :)

Thanx Newyorker And A Merry Christmas To You TOO Hope Santa Baba Come Tonight With Our Appointment (or Even Better The Approval)letter (what The Harm In Dreaming Big)
Have A Good Week-end

Relax Johar Newyorker Will Not Leave You
Rather You Will Be Leaving Us Soon After Ur Lovely Date WITH THE INS Officer. "green Card Aaney Kay Baad Hum Ko Bhool Nahin Jaana"
Just A Thought Who Is The First Person You Shall Call If You Get Approved ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tasneem

I know this new year is going to be the best year of my life.. I have a good feeling about this and not only immigrationwise but everything will be happening in my favor (being very positive here!!!) and yaar I know it will work out for everyone of us... Kya bolti tu tasneem...

Newyorker

Hey guys, how is going. newyorker, it is good that you are hoping a good new year. I had a wonderful 2004 and am getting ready for the best 2005. My life was never as good as it is now. SO I wish all of us the best on every angle.

Case transfered to NYC, where should I apply for I131?

Hi,
My I485 was transfered to NYC on 12/08/04. I need to renew my I131. Could any one advice me on the following questions:
Where should I send the application: to VSC, to Local service center, or the New Chicago Center (I heard there is a new National service center for I131). Can I apply by walk in the local center, if yes, then do I need to make appointment online?
Thanks.

May the coming New Year brings good luck for everyone!

gc66

I recently applied in local office...My case was was transferred in Oct..I fedexed them but you can go in person..not sure about appointment.

PhillyJune1

Documents

Johar Ali said:
Hey guys, how is going. newyorker, it is good that you are hoping a good new year. I had a wonderful 2004 and am getting ready for the best 2005. My life was never as good as it is now. SO I wish all of us the best on every angle.

Johar,

Yes I received one more document which may be a standard format of documents along with the Interview letter. IL & document having "What you must bring? Who should come with you & What else you must bring"

Each had its own set of documents and explanation. As I said this is the standard set of document check list for any interview I guess

coldfusion said:
Johar,

Yes I received one more document which may be a standard format of documents along with the Interview letter. IL & document having "What you must bring? Who should come with you & What else you must bring"

Each had its own set of documents and explanation. As I said this is the standard set of document check list for any interview I guess
Thanks coldfusion: It is pretty strange. All I got is a letter which mention the place, date and time of the interview and then two items checked with "X" which says what to bring to the interview. The first one is passport, I94, and exit entry record if any.
the second is a letter from the employer. Nothing else. My lawyer also the got the same letter. mailed to me. My lawyer will not be going since my lawyers had given up on me long time ago.... I just hope there are no more surprises except an approval...

Passport stamped after a long wait!!!

Our Passports were stamped after 33 months of wait!! The saga finally ended. Just to give you guys heads up... ...

I was 245i applicant and that's why the file was transferred to the local office ( VSC to Missouri center to NYC). The file was transferred on June and interview date was in the middle of Dec. The officer was nice and he was much more interested in looking at the financial and employment documents. Interview lasted about 30 min. Thanks God it's finally over!!!

Now I have a question- I have been working for the company (which had sponsored me) for the last two years. Do I need to stay with them additional 6 months or it would not matter if I leave them in a month or two? I have an excellent offer which is hard to pass? Does anyone know anything about it? Should I wait until I get the GC?

Thanks to all the members in this board and special thanks to Rajiv Khanna. Some of you guys are simply wonderful and extremely helpful....

For those who are still waiting.. I know your pain but don't be discouraged. You certainly will shine..

RD- Mar 2002
TD- Jun 2004
Several finger prints and EADs
AD-Dec 2004