New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

Finally! I called CIS and an officer did a very thorough check with my A# and SS# and told me they scheduled me for an interview today. It's on 3 August in Garden City.

Congrats, cafeconleche. If you have signed up for case notification, you should be receiving "case transferred" notification soon!! Your timeline is about the same as mine.

IL - two months after FP
ID - one month from IL.

Good luck!!

good for you, cafe, I just waiting, called today to uscis and nothing, they said if i don't receive anything in the next 4-5 months i have to call them back! really sad here!

Oh but your DO is different so I don't know what your timeline is like, but if it's anything like NY's, then you're going to wait until the end of July for your IL.

i sent my n-400 to be exact april 2nd, i guess i have to wait! good luck your interview. you are almost ready to be "free"

Kfr and Washeightsguy,

Well what can one say.....it look like Federal Plaza are really having problems. I should of been sworn in today.....however something went wrong and I didn't get my letter. My lawyers have been trying to get an info pass appointment and so have I but there is nothing at present. Needless, to say I am not happy. As soon I manage to get an info pass appoitment, I shall let you know.

Shoshie

Interview at Jacob Javits

I don't know how long Jacob Javits has been a USCIS center but my interview is scheduled for Aug. 4th at Jacob Javits. Anyone has any info on Jacob Javits wait time for taking the oath after interview?

I don't know how long Jacob Javits has been a USCIS center but my interview is scheduled for Aug. 4th at Jacob Javits. Anyone has any info on Jacob Javits wait time for taking the oath after interview?

26 Federal Plaza is known as the Jacob Javits Building (not to be confused with the Jacob Javits Center).

Worry!

:confused::confused:I'm worry due to no hear back from USCIS after 3 weeks from the FP's. Called to the FBI and was told my FP were processed correctly the same day were done (June 16th). Also called to USCIS and the operator told me over the phone she don't see if the FP were received or not. Fill out a letter to the New York City DO requesting them more information and update about my case situation. Said i will receive a letter by mail stating was goin on.:mad:

Hi Shoshie,

Any news from infopass?

I made one on June 23 to inquire about my case. At that point it was 91 days since my interview (at the end of which the officer had given me a form with "congratulations, you have been recommended for citizenship" marked on it and said that it would take less than a month for the Oath letter). I was told my application was in the "reverification stage" -- they gave me a form in which they wrote that. I have not heard anything since. I must say I am beginning to get quite frustrated.

At what point should I get a lawyer I wonder. Any suggestions ?

Washeightsguy

PS. At least the infopass appointment was quick -- I walked in downstairs and they gave me the ticket to go up to the 3rd floor and I was called in five minutes. (appointment at 12.10 p.m. on a Wed.).

Kfr and Washeightsguy,

Well what can one say.....it look like Federal Plaza are really having problems. I should of been sworn in today.....however something went wrong and I didn't get my letter. My lawyers have been trying to get an info pass appointment and so have I but there is nothing at present. Needless, to say I am not happy. As soon I manage to get an info pass appoitment, I shall let you know.

Shoshie

Looks like USCIS wants to stick with 5 month average time for citizenship processing.

DO - New York City

02/23/2010 N-400 mailed, TX
02/26/2010 Received Date
03/03/2010 Priority Date
03/23/2010 Finger printing notice received
04/13/2010 Finger print done
05/25/2010 Interview done
07/28/2010 Oath date

Cafeconleche i was meaning to ask you whats the hold up with your interview letter, its taking a long time. i hope that the person you talk to on the phone gave u correct information.

Oath ceremony

at the beginning of april i got interviewed downtown. everything went well but the officer told me he needed more time to verify my travel dates (i had traveled in and out a lot BUT never exceeded 6 months a year). today i finally got N445 notice of naturalization oath ceremony telling me i am scheduled for the end of may. my status online on uscis has not been updated and still shows as in "testing and interview". is that normal? can there be a mistake? i tried calling uscis and the automated response system still says "your case was moved to a local office for an interview." any advice? thanks.

N400 (3yrs-marriage)
New York, NY
01/22/10 (001): Mailed N-400
01/25/10 (004): Received (by USCIS)
01/29/10 (008): Check Cashed, NOA
01/30/10 (009): NOA in mail
02/01/10 (011): RFE
02/02/10 (012): FP ND
02/05/10 (015): FP in mail
02/17/10 (027): FP
02/17/10 (027): Request to resend RFE (originally mailed on 02/01/2010 but never received on my end)
02/23/10 (033): Non-delivery of RFE notice
03/02/10 (040): Interview Letter
03/04/10 (042): Case moved to local office
04/09/10 (078): Interview with Immigration
05/27/10 (126): Oath ceremony

Congrats. Can u please post your personal experience, time taken and what all happens at the Oath Ceremony. Where the oath ceremony takes place? I am expecting the oath letter for my wife who was given congratulations letters on June 14 at Federal Plaza, NY. Oath letter yet to be received.

Thanks
NRI 107

Received IL today for June 15 at Garden City.

Can you please update on your experience at the Oath ceremony. What time, date and place of oath and how much time all this takes. My wife's received congratulations letter after the interview on June 14 at Federal Plaza and the IO said that oath letter will come in mail. On checking up with USCIS, it was advised that we should check up if we do not receive the oath letter within 90 days.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks
NRI 107

New York, NY
01/05/2010: Mailed N-400
01/11/2010: Received (by USCIS)
01/13/2010: Check Cashed, NOA
01/22/2010: FP Letter
02/09/2010: FP
02/16/2010: RFE notice
04/02/2010: Interview Letter
05/12/2010: Interview (in Garden City)
06/09/2010: Oath ceremony (in Brooklyn)

Can u please update on your experience at the oath ceremony - how much time it took and what all is done at the oath. Is it just a formality or one has to prepare. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
NRI 107

Guys, I got caught entering the subway through the exit door (without paying) by a cop and I was given a ticket for a NYCTA Violation (Entering without payment). I paid the $100 fine. Very stupid thing to do and I really regret it.

I will of course disclose this in my N400. Do you think this will be a problem at my citizenship interview? This is the only thing on my record -- I don't even have a traffic ticket beside this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I got caught entering the subway through the exit door (without paying) by a cop and I was given a ticket for a NYCTA Violation (Entering without payment). I paid the $100 fine. Very stupid thing to do and I really regret it.

I will of course disclose this in my N400. Do you think this will be a problem at my citizenship interview? This is the only thing on my record -- I don't even have a traffic ticket beside this.

This won't be a problem, as NYCTA violations are civil liabilities. It's an equivalent of a parking ticket.