New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

Yeah, I suppose that is the most likely outcome, but I'm still hoping, somehow, for Federal Plaza.

Plenty of people I know from Brooklyn and State Island are interviewed at 26 Federal Plaza. You however have to take the oath in the federal courthouse in Brooklyn or in Long Island. You are not eligible to take the oath in Manhattan.

Received txt/email today - case has been transferred to DO. Finally it has moved after two months of completing FP. Good luck to everyone.

Oh, Brooklyn is no problem at all. I just don't want to travel for too long, hehe. But, is it true that Garden City IOs are not as tough as those at Federal Plaza? I've a complicated case, so the more lenient (and more understanding and open to my reasoning) the IO, the better for me.

Congratulations, upandwaiting. I guess I can expect my case to be transferred in mid-June then.

Thanks, cafeconleche (now as I type your username, I just realize it is "coffeewithmilk")

Let's hope that yours is even earlier than that.

Oath Letter

Hi Washeightsguy,

Have you heard yet? I also had my interview at the Plaza on the same day as you and I haven't had my OL letter yet either. It's will be 8 weeks tomorrow and I contacted my lawyer 2 weeks ago and she said it will take another couple of weeks or so. My sister in_law who was sworn in May 7th 2010waited 5 weeks for her letter and from the time of the interview and being sworn in took 8 weeks.

Can you let me know if you have heard anything?

Thanks,
Shoshie

Hi! all,

Am beginning to get impatient (I know I shouldn't)! It has been a month since my interview (23 March), and the DO had said that the OL would be sent out within month.... I guess things are slow at the Fed plaza....

Seems like others who had interviews after me have received their OL.... What gives???

Hope you are all enjoying the lovely spring weather...
01/19/2010- FP appointment date
02/03/2010- FP Done (Walk in) as was away until 02/03
02/21/2010- Interview Letter received
03/23/2010 - Interview pased -- New York Federal Plaza Office
??? -- Oath Letter
??? -- Ceremony
??? -- Passport received

IO asked all - each and every - question on N-400 and then asked to sign!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
DO - New York City

02/23/2010 N-400 mailed, TX
02/26/2010 Received Date
03/03/2010 Priority Date
03/23/2010 Finger printing notice received
04/13/2010 Finger print done
05/25/2010 Interview done

What do you mean FP Done (Walk in)?????? I want to send the N400 at the end of this month. Where can I do a "walk in" fingerprint? I will travell outside US 2 weeks after I 'll file my appl. Can I show up somewhere without appointment to be fingerprinted? Thanks.

What do you mean FP Done (Walk in)?????? I want to send the N400 at the end of this month. Where can I do a "walk in" fingerprint? I will travell outside US 2 weeks after I 'll file my appl. Can I show up somewhere without appointment to be fingerprinted? Thanks.
You can't do a walk in without FP letter.

Hello Guys,

I have not been in this forums in long time. I really in need of infos. I have applied for N-400 one year ago and I received a letter saying that I did not meet the required physical stay in the states. But I have never stayed out side of the states for more than 6 months. But, I did not accumulate 2 and half year out of 5 years. I have been working out side of the US, because I was not able to find the job, what I am doing. But I have been paying tax in the States. Are there any exceptions for people who can't find job in the states? If you guys know any info, please, feel free to post. Hope to hear form you . guys.

Hello Guys,

I have not been in this forums in long time. I really in need of infos. I have applied for N-400 one year ago and I received a letter saying that I did not meet the required physical stay in the states. But I have never stayed out side of the states for more than 6 months. But, I did not accumulate 2 and half year out of 5 years. I have been working out side of the US, because I was not able to find the job, what I am doing. But I have been paying tax in the States. Are there any exceptions for people who can't find job in the states? If you guys know any info, please, feel free to post. Hope to hear form you . guys.
The only exception is for people in the military stationed abroad.
Were you not aware of the physical presence requirements before you applied?

Thanks for your kind reply to my message. Yes, was aware of the physical presence. I am a pilot, I get lots of stamp every time I arrive in a different countries. So, in past five years I have three extended passport filled with stamps in and out. When I applied I did not have track of exact days I was out. It is all complicated, just because nature of my job. Which requires for me to travel a lot out side of the states.

New York, NY
01/05/2010: Mailed N-400
01/11/2010: Received (by USCIS)
01/13/2010: Check Cashed, NOA
01/22/2010: FP Letter
02/09/2010: FP
02/16/2010: RFE notice
04/02/2010: Interview Letter
05/12/2010: Interview (in Garden City)
06/09/2010: Oath ceremony (in Brooklyn)