N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

Hello to everyone, I have doubt about my taxes,I have my interview for September and with my interview letter I received a list about documents that we must bring, they request me taxes of last 5 years, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, my question is in those of the 2002, 2003, 2004, I don't have any problem with the others years, also I spoke with the IRS , they sent me the transcrips for the 2002.2003.2004 and also a general transcrip of my all taxes, I hope that this is sufficient, in addition I married in 2004, my wife has tourist visa, she comes every certain time, somebody told me that since a person get married have to fill the taxes like married, but I always fill my taxes like single, now I will send the amendments from 2004, 2005, 2006 and also I will send the application for my wife's tax id number, because without that I cannot include it in the amendments, this process take about 4 months, so for my citizenship interview I will take all copies about the amendments and my transcrips of the 5 years, if the officer ask me about my wife i will try to explain, I'm a little nervous for that,but hopefully God help me that day and the officer is an amiable person .. Thanks and good luck everyone..

You are have been doing the right thing in claiming "single" status in your tax returns and have paid a higher tax. She is not a "resident" in the US for tax purposes, so before you complicate your situation by filing "married", get an appointment with a tax consultant and avoid complicating your life for no reason. Married status and tax filing status are totally different things.

Hello to everyone, I have doubt about my taxes,I have my interview for September and with my interview letter I received a list about documents that we must bring, they request me taxes of last 5 years, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, my question is in those of the 2002, 2003, 2004, I don't have any problem with the others years, also I spoke with the IRS , they sent me the transcrips for the 2002.2003.2004 and also a general transcrip of my all taxes, I hope that this is sufficient, in addition I married in 2004, my wife has tourist visa, she comes every certain time, somebody told me that since a person get married have to fill the taxes like married, but I always fill my taxes like single, now I will send the amendments from 2004, 2005, 2006 and also I will send the application for my wife's tax id number, because without that I cannot include it in the amendments, this process take about 4 months, so for my citizenship interview I will take all copies about the amendments and my transcrips of the 5 years, if the officer ask me about my wife i will try to explain, I'm a little nervous for that,but hopefully God help me that day and the officer is an amiable person .. Thanks and good luck everyone..

ottoreyna: According to me you have been doing the right thing by filing in single status since you should not benefit from a married status if she is not living with you. You have been correct in paying the government a higher tax since you are effectively not paying for her living expenses in the US.

Also, spouses living in different houses can only present an issue if you have filed for your citizenship through the "married to US citizen for 3 years" rule, but since that is not the case, it's a non-issue. Also, there are many married couples who stay in different citys, states and even countires because of work, studies etc.

Please do consult with a tax accountant and clarify this prior to your interview.

Ottoreyna, I agree with Palluji1 and Brb2 regarding the taxes. USCIS wouldn't have any issue since you have paid more taxes as Single status. As per my tax accountant, even if your spouse is not in the United States, you can file married filing jointly as long as the spouse has ITIN and include world-wide income of both the spouses in U.S tax filing. Hope this helps out!

But another one triggered in my mind. You told your spouse was on tourist visa in the U.S. Please do not open your mouth with USCIS officer about this matter. If you had sponsored the tourist visa, it might be questioned. So as far as possible, don't discuss about it. However, if they ask, you tell the truth, otherwise they might find lack of moral character in you.

Good luck again during the first week of Sep for your interview. Relax, have a deep breath on that day!

Format of Civics test

Friends:
Do you know what format the civics test is in?
Is it a multi-choice format, fill-in-the-blanks format or are questions asked verbally?

Friends:
Do you know what format the civics test is in?
Is it a multi-choice format, fill-in-the-blanks format or are questions asked verbally?

Hey Seniors who completed the interview, please help Palluji1 and me on the above question. I am also eager to know. Palluji1, you would get your IL this week as per my dream!

excel spreadsheet

CTN400 - not to skew the trend in your spreadsheet, but my timelines are:

PD - Apr 3 2006
FP - May 5 2006

nothing since then.

CTN400 - not to skew the trend in your spreadsheet, but my timelines are:

PD - Apr 3 2006
FP - May 5 2006

nothing since then.

HELPMOI, that's really sad to know! Anyway, I have updated the spreadsheet with your details. God bless you! I am depressed because I have some unusual things in my N-400 application :confused:

Do you have any clue what happened to your case ? Name check pending or any other unusual situation in your case ??? I don't know what happened to FROGBYTE also. I strongly advise you to do some kind of follow up on this matter, byt InfoPass, Congressman/Senator involvement etc., since you have very well passed the time line.

Good luck again !

Hi I am putting my time lines...

RD 06/01/2006 Vermont (i was at NJ)
FP 07/12/2006
Change of Address 08/10/2006
12/20/2006(aprox) Called USCIS about IL.
IL RecDate:01/20/2007(approx) IL date : 03/26/2007
Recd Cancelation latter of IL on 02/12/2007 (approx)

Received 2nd IL 02/28/2007 IL on 04/12/2007
On 04/02/2007 (approx) Received call that they dont have my file yet though i have interview next week. Wait for USCIS other call.

On 04/10/2007 Received Call that IL is Canceled............

Still waiting for IL..........???????????

Thanks,

Updated the spreadsheet

Hi MEEK1234, welcome!

I hope you moved to CT from NJ. Since you have passed your time line very well, open InfoPass or involve Congresspersons to enquire further to see the delay of the file transfer.

I don't see any option now to upload the spreadsheet, but I have updated your details.

Thanks
CTN400

Hey Seniors who completed the interview, please help Palluji1 and me on the above question. I am also eager to know. Palluji1, you would get your IL this week as per my dream!

CTN400: I read on another forum that the civics questions are asked verbally by the interviewer.

I personally prefer multi-choice, but from I've heard, the questions asked are always from the list of the 100 standard questions.. so it's pretty simple.

CTN400: I read on another forum that the civics questions are asked verbally by the interviewer.

I personally prefer multi-choice, but from I've heard, the questions asked are always from the list of the 100 standard questions.. so it's pretty simple.

Thanks Palluji1 ! I got a civics test booklet with a CD when I went for FP and have downloaded the new format of questions too from USCIS website.

You should get IL during this week before Sat ! Let's see !!!

New spreadsheet is attached by adding HELPMOI, MEEK1234 and CTUSER. I strongly encourage them (only HELPMOI and MEEK1234) to get involve congresspersons, because they are far behind with the current processing.

Thank you CTN400,
Last week I called USCIS VERMONT. Expalin details of my case.
They said we will sent querry to HARTFORD, If you will not receive anything withing 45 days starting from today call us again....
Do i trust them and wait OR Should i started involve congresspersons ?
and if i should start involving congresspesons , from where i should start?

Thanks a lot CT400 , you are doing very good job ....

Thank you CTN400,
Last week I called USCIS VERMONT. Expalin details of my case.
They said we will sent querry to HARTFORD, If you will not receive anything withing 45 days starting from today call us again....
Do i trust them and wait OR Should i started involve congresspersons ?
and if i should start involving congresspesons , from where i should start?

Thanks a lot CT400 , you are doing very good job ....

MEEK1234, As per your prior mail, since your file has not been transferred from VSC to Hartford DO, right ? So it is with VSC still. When you called (800) national help desk, did they create a Ref# starting with "VSC" or "HAR" ??? If it is VSC, the letter will come in a week explaining the reason from Vermont, otherwise from Hartford,DO. After getting it, if you feel something is wrong, involve the congressperson.

CT has 5 congressional districts:
1) John Larson
2) Joe Courtney
3) Rosa DeLauro
4) Christopher Shays
5) Christopher Murphy

So, locate your district using the URL:
http://nationalatlas.gov/printable/congress.html#list

Then google it with the corresponding congressperson name to get into their web page. Use "Contact Us" link to send an email or phone# or fax#. Write a polite and strong letter addressing him/her and email or fax it, referring your case# and other critical details. They will contact you within couple of days or in a week, after talking to USCIS about your case. In the letter, show some kind of emergency and because of the naturalization delay, you are personally affected or so.

If that does not work, involve the senators,
1) Christopher Dodd
2) Joseph Lieberman

Hope this helps out. Please do not forget your congressperson's name and the 2 senators name with CT Governor and your City Mayor name, because it may be asked during the naturalization interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks CT400,
USCIS didnt give me REF#, But i am sure that my file is HARTFORD. BECZ
i went there in JUNE through infopass, they said file is here and waiting for interview.
So As You advised i will wait a week or two and then start involving congressman.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks CT400,
i went there in JUNE through infopass, they said file is here and waiting for interview.
So As You advised i will wait a week or two and then start involving congressman.

Thanks a lot.

One other quick and accurate way of identifying your Congressperson is to go to the following site and select your state and enter your full zip code (5+4).

http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Thanks CT400,

Thanks a lot.

Thanks Palluji1 for that link ! That's great.

Meek1234, wait one week (I hope next batch of IL will be delivered during this week, that includes Palluji1, Ducksoft, you ane me :D ) to get any letter from VSC or Hartford. Then contact your congressperson.

Thanks Palluji1 for that link ! That's great.

Meek1234, wait one week (I hope next batch of IL will be delivered during this week, that includes Palluji1, Ducksoft, you ane me :D ) to get any letter from VSC or Hartford. Then contact your congressperson.

CTN400, can you please explain "batch of IL". Is that how you think the DOs send out ILs.. in batches? If so, this explains why there is a gap from time to time. If there is any article that states that this is the way the ILs are sent, can you please point me to it. Thanks!

Keep up the good work!! :)