N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

Ok the first good news. check got cashed. so some questions like am I applying at the right time or did i fill out the form correctly are answered.
I am a little excited and curious. Now on the check I see the following numbers and was wondering if somebody can tell me what they mean.

ESCXXXXXXX ----this should be the reciept number but its only 10 chracters long...?
SAXXXX ----this one's right underneath it anybody's know what this means?
09/10/08 ----Priority date...?? The date appears under the second number above.

And one more question. I applied to the Vermont service center and my check got cashed in Albany, NY....??? WHat does this mean...? Just that thats where they have the bank account for VSC or does it mean thats where they are transferring my case...?? I live in CT and I was thinking I should have been sent to Hartford..?. My wife's family lives close to Albany but not me... Although if that is the case I'd take it in a flash cause hartford is dead slow while Albany is one of the fastest DO's around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received NOA. Entered the number online and it gives you the useless info. It mentions that it could take up to 212 days to hear something from my local DO about the interview. I am guessing that is because my DO is Hartford :(. No mention of BIO appointment. Is that normal..? I had my BIO done last year in September. Common sense would say to skip that step but I have never heard of anybody getting a pass on that. Also states that my case is at National Benefit center. As if they are not already slow enough they had to add another step. :angry: .

Here is something fun I encountered while entering my case number. Bottom left corner of my NOA there is another number starting with ESC + $ + 9 digit number. I tried entering that and it returned an error. Then I entered the number by replacing the $ with an *. It took it and it seems like somebody else's N-400 application filed around august 8th. lol . :D . That application was also filed at Vermont. Is this cause for concern and do you guys see similar number? Should I do something about it or should I ignore it?

am I the only one left posting to this forum? Is there a new one ...? Anyway, received my BIO appt yesterday

My firend and I applied the same week (3rd week in March 2008.) We both got FP notices and had our appointments within a few days of eachother in April 2008. Three weeks ago she got notice of appointment in November for her oath ceremony and interview. She used an attorney to file her application and I filed mine myself. Why am I still waiting if they are processed in the order received? Does using an attorney speed things up?

Based on your experiences, how long does it take to complete the whole naturalization process if your DO is Hartford, CT? Any estimates would be appreciated. Is it really 13-14 months as USCIS recently posted on its website?

I was checking this forum to get an estimate of the processing time.
One common factor I saw is the desperation in folks to get the citizenship - if the citizenship takes 15 months instead of 5 months - what is the calamity that this folks see? You folks have green card and protected by the amendements of being a resident.
It's funny to see people getting worked up on something - that has the least effect on their personal life. Hmmm...may be all folks here are looking to get married - may be then it makes sense.

NO UPDATES FROM USCIS TILL NOW.....FRUSTRATING...HELP ME ..GUIDE ME

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.....GUIDE ME FRIENDS.......

HERE IS MY DETAILS

I am from India and Here are My N 400 Details.

Received Date July 26, 2007
Priority Date July 26, 2007
Notice date Sept 17, 2007
Check Cleared Aug 08, 2007
Finger Print OCT 05, 2007
Interview Date suppose to be Aug 05, 2008 but it got cancelled.

Please let me know what is the next step to proceed.

Thanks
Namita

Hello,

I'm looking forward for my citizenship.I took info pass and enquired about the re-scheduled date as my interview date got cancelled. They told that my name got struck in th backgroud check? Can anyone explain me what it meant? Had anyone in the past ? Please advise....

Here are My N 400 Details.

Received Date July 26, 2007
Priority Date July 26, 2007
Notice date Sept 17, 2007
Check Cleared Aug 08, 2007
Finger Print OCT 05, 2007
Interview Date suppose to be Aug 05, 2008 but it got cancelled.

Please let me know what is the next step to proceed.

Thanks
Namita

I do not think the Applications are processed on first come first serve basis. Some applications may take longer than the other depending upon the type i.e. Employer Based, Marriage Based etc.

Although the USCIS website says the application timeframe is about 14 to 15 months..... I would say that the application may take between 10 to 15 months depending upon the type.

My is Employer based.... Whole application took about 10.5 months.

My Details can be found at following Link:

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=288116&highlight=dineshgk

GoodLuck to All.

seems to be many threads. Let's just update in one!

online status chnaged to-
"Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview".

No letter received yet.

No, I am posted my time line in following two categories:

September 2009 N-400 filers
Hartford CT timeline

Did not notice there is a third thread. I had my FP on October 22 and wait since that day for IL or update in profile.