N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

CTN400, can you please explain "batch of IL". Is that how you think the DOs send out ILs.. in batches? If so, this explains why there is a gap from time to time. If there is any article that states that this is the way the ILs are sent, can you please point me to it. Thanks!

Keep up the good work!! :)

Thanks Palluji1 ! When I talked (may be one month back) to national help desk 2nd level immigration officer, I was told when DO requests next batch of the cases to process for naturalization interview, Service Center will forward them and FP files from FBI will directly go to DO only. I don't know how true it is !

That's why I am presuming your case and mine might come in one batch. If you remember, ZAMINDAR, OTTOREYNA and N400BC all got IL at the same time frame, though they had diff. PD and diff. ID. That supports the presumption ! You are only 6 days away from N400BC in terms of PD, but N400BC got IL on 07/21/2007 and you are still waiting for it and already 2.5 weeks passed from N400BC's date. That's why my gut feeling you would and should get IL during this week, provided your case is normal and no complications like mine :)

Thanks Palluji1 ! When I talked (may be one month back) to national help desk 2nd level immigration officer, I was told when DO requests next batch of the cases to process for naturalization interview, Service Center will forward them and FP files from FBI will directly go to DO only. I don't know how true it is !

That's why I am presuming your case and mine might come in one batch. If you remember, ZAMINDAR, OTTOREYNA and N400BC all got IL at the same time frame, though they had diff. PD and diff. ID. That supports the presumption ! You are only 6 days away from N400BC in terms of PD, but N400BC got IL on 07/21/2007 and you are still waiting for it and already 2.5 weeks passed from N400BC's date. That's why my gut feeling you would and should get IL during this week, provided your case is normal and no complications like mine :)

What you are saying makes sense. In fact, my wife and I are both waiting (both of us have the same PD).

One other thing I noticed was that the DO requests case from their current posted processing date (10/20/07) + 2 months. This prlly explain why N400BC got the IL (since his PD was 12/20/07).

Fingers crossed.. :)

What you are saying makes sense. In fact, my wife and I are both waiting (both of us have the same PD).

One other thing I noticed was that the DO requests case from their current posted processing date (10/20/06) + 2 months. This prlly explain why N400BC got the IL (since his PD was 12/20/06).

Fingers crossed.. :)

That's good observation, Palluji1 ! Nowadays, PD-ID takes 10 months for Hartford DO, so your math is correct. Last year, it used to take only 5-6 months. Next processing update will be posted in a week, so it should jump to 11/20/2006 at least as per the clinical calculation...

My "timeline" as follows:

Mailed 7/14
Check Cashed 7/23 (VSC notation on check on 7/20)
PD / RD - Still Waiting

arjgupta,

I know you are waiting for the Receipt from VSC ... for me it took 3 weeks to receive the receipt. I received both FP notice and the receipt on the same day.

I mailed my application to VSC on 5/29, they received it on 6/1 .. checks cashed on 6/13 ... I got receipt notice and the FP notice together on 6/22. FP done on 7/5. So you should be getting your receipt and FP notice soon.

One more point .. if you can see the actual check they cashed (some banks offer this feature where they store the gif /jpg of the the cleared check... you can see your receipt # on it .. when USCIS cashes the checks.. they will write your case $ on the check... so logon to your online account and check the cleared check image

My "timeline" as follows:

Mailed 7/14
Check Cashed 7/23 (VSC notation on check on 7/20)
PD / RD - Still Waiting

Welcome ARJGUPTA! Don't get panic at least one more month since USCIS might have huge pile of applications received during that period due to the fee increase. Just a thought !

Guys, thanks. Somewhat comforting to know that I am not the only one in the same situation.

I looked at the check image. It has the number EOCxxxxxxxxVTxxxxx. The USCIS website is looking for 13 digits...am I reading the check image wrong?

Thanks,

QUestioon To all the Gurus on this site

Here is my Info:

PD: 09/20/06
FP: 10/07/06
Interview:05/30/07
Hartford DO

When I went for interview, I had to go back home and I asked if I can be given Oath date of July. The officer said that they will send us a letter notifying the oath date. Now its been almost 2 months and 10 days and I have not heard from them. I called and went for an InfoPass appointment on July 30th. The lady there told me that my case is in queue to be scheduled for oath in New Haven. The problem is that I need to move to New Jersey and my Daughter needs to start school in NJ from September. And I need to go for another trip outside of US middle of September.

My questions are:
- Should I , and can I, initiate a request of transfer to NJ. How long a delay we are talking about here, if any one knows.
- Is there any difference between Hartford, New Haven, and Bridgeport dates availability. I am asking because at the interview the officer told me that now the people taking interview will be considered first and then our case. So if thats the case and date in New Haven is hard to find then we are out of luck for few months.
- Any one knows if Hartford or Bridgeport is easier to get an Oath Date or any one knows how many people are facilitated in each center?

- Any other advice on expediting this process. I am running a small business and can not get certified as small business till I get my citizenship.
- I know some one who knows a CT Senetor very well. Should I approach the Senetor. Would it be possible for him to expedite this process some how. (I want to leave this type of favor for later but if there is a good chance that I can get my oath in August then I will certainly ask).

Help please:eek:

arjgupta,

You dont need the VTxxxxxx number. That is some other reference for Vermont folks. You put EOCxxx... It is actually ESCxxx... (handwriting ...they write S and it looks like O). If the number on you check is ESC1234567... your receipt number (usually) should be ESC*001234567. So try that online

asid, coming to your questions ... if you notice the Newark NJ thread within in portal you will see that they have oath on the same day as the interview. So not sure how they will handle just oath only. Also Newark is much faster than Hartford (that I can tell :)). Hartford seems to be slow when compared to rest of the US. I think you should contact your Senator to see how they can help.
Good luck !

Here is my Info:

Hartford DO

When I went for interview, I had to go back home and I asked if I can be given Oath date of July. The officer said that they will send us a letter notifying the oath date. Now its been almost 2 months and 10 days and I have not heard from them. I called and went for an InfoPass appointment on July 30th. The lady there told me that my case is in queue to be scheduled for oath in New Haven. The problem is that I need to move to New Jersey and my Daughter needs to start school in NJ from September. And I need to go for another trip outside of US middle of September.

My questions are:
- Should I , and can I, initiate a request of transfer to NJ. How long a delay we are talking about here, if any one knows.
- Is there any difference between Hartford, New Haven, and Bridgeport dates availability. I am asking because at the interview the officer told me that now the people taking interview will be considered first and then our case. So if thats the case and date in New Haven is hard to find then we are out of luck for few months.
- Any one knows if Hartford or Bridgeport is easier to get an Oath Date or any one knows how many people are facilitated in each center?

- Any other advice on expediting this process. I am running a small business and can not get certified as small business till I get my citizenship.
- I know some one who knows a CT Senetor very well. Should I approach the Senetor. Would it be possible for him to expedite this process some how. (I want to leave this type of favor for later but if there is a good chance that I can get my oath in August then I will certainly ask).

Thanks ASID for your details. I think you should seek the help of CT senator and expedite the process in CT itself. If you move to NJ before oath completion, you need to file change of address and that would delay at least 3-4 months. When you request through the senator, specify your urgency about business registration and kid's school admissions etc.

If that doesn't work, you need to wait at least 120 days after interview to sue USCIS. But they can argue that you have taken the days out of the U.S and you requested to extend your oath. I think to seek the help of a good immigration attorney if nothing happens even after 120 days of your interview date. I have only the knowledge of reading other forums and threads about the citizenship.

arjgupta,

You dont need the VTxxxxxx number. That is some other reference for Vermont folks. You put EOCxxx... It is actually ESCxxx... (handwriting ...they write S and it looks like O). If the number on you check is ESC1234567... your receipt number (usually) should be ESC*001234567. So try that online

asid, coming to your questions ... if you notice the Newark NJ thread within in portal you will see that they have oath on the same day as the interview. So not sure how they will handle just oath only. Also Newark is much faster than Hartford (that I can tell :)). Hartford seems to be slow when compared to rest of the US. I think you should contact your Senator to see how they can help.
Good luck !

Rembi, you are right on ASID's case. Though, Newark is much much faster than Hartford, the change of address involves lot of process behind to complete, such as filing change of address, update their system, then initiate the file transfer from Hartford to Newark, all these would take time. I hope at least 3-4 months time. But if ASID seeks senator's help, probably it could be done in Hartford in less than a month if it clicks.

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the quick response! I am thinking to first try with an Attroney and then go with the Senetor. I heard some lawyers have some inside connestions and all they need to do is ask them to schedule a firm date.
What you think?

Also, any suggestion for a competent attorney near the Hartford office?

Thanks a lot.

Asid

Here is my Info:

Hartford DO

My questions are:

Hi Asid,
Im confused what u said here. U said u go back home? U been out in the U.S after having interviewed? why u have so much of delay for ur oath? trying to understand here..:)

Delay in Oath

Hello NHOTSKIE ,
I had to go out of US for two weeks so I went out and then came back. I was told that I will get a letter in the mail with an oath date but after 70 days of interview the letter has not been issued and when I inquired through InfoPass, they said that my app is in queue to be sceduled for oath in New Haven.

I was asking if moving the oath date to another location will expedite the process and some other relevant questions.

Regards,
Asid

Hello Palluji1...

Palluji1...

No luck still this week too, right ??? I would say to wait one more week, so that the next processing date would be published. Then, if the luck doesn't favor, we should call (800) number or open the infopass. What do you think ???

Palluji1...

No luck still this week too, right ??? I would say to wait one more week, so that the next processing date would be published. Then, if the luck doesn't favor, we should call (800) number or open the infopass. What do you think ???

Yes, I think that's best. From whatever little I've seen, the interview letters seem to be sent right around the time the new dates are published (close to the middle of the month).

All letters received by members on this forum last month were between the 16 and the 20.

Hello NHOTSKIE ,
I had to go out of US for two weeks so I went out and then came back. I was told that I will get a letter in the mail with an oath date but after 70 days of interview the letter has not been issued and when I inquired through InfoPass, they said that my app is in queue to be sceduled for oath in New Haven.

I was asking if moving the oath date to another location will expedite the process and some other relevant questions.

Regards,
Asid

Dont u think that u missed ur Oath? i dont think u have to wait for that long.. moving for your oath could delay more, much better to get Info and ask for the next oath anywhere in CT.. as far as i knw i havent heard any interview after you..we r the nxt batch so u might have ur oath by nxt month anway good luck to you....

Question

CTN400: Do the processing timelines for a USCIS DO always move every month? Do you know what the history for the processing dates for the Hartford DO are? I am hoping that the dates will move soon and they will send out the next batch of letter...