N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

OTTOREYNA,

No changes at all i can still view my "case is pending" no E-mail receive either..

OTTOREYNA & NHOTSKIE,

Online system is not reliable as you told. It depends on certain cases. However, we can just check it once in a while just for our satisfaction.

FYI, I finished my FP on last Friday, after a long wait :) Now, waiting for IL, I hope it should come in 2 weeks from now, just kidding :) I don't want to overtake OTTOREYNA :)

CTN400

Who knows right? U will never know it could be happen... FP take only 24hrs Name check kinda wiered.. but anything will come for you i wish for ur satisfaction... be patient call 'them after a month bugg 'em like what i did hehehe...

I called FBI yesterday about the FP status done on 06/22/2007. I was told it has been cleared and sent back to USCIS on the same day and they cannot provide more information about the status. Today, I called USCIS to check the status of FP (all those craps like Background, Name Check, blah blah blah). I was told my case is pending and they don't have any further information.

Am I too early to ask those questions ? How can I track the status of BC,NC and any other checks like internal/external/extraordinary :) If anybody has any contact# other than national help line#, please provide.

Hartford DO (N400) Nov 2006 - Jan 2007 status

Can you guys please post Hartford DO N400 status, that were filed during the period Nov 2006 - Jan 2007 ???

My PD is 01/12/2007, I just called National helpdesk (2nd level) and was told my case is pending in VSC and waiting for the appointment from Hartford DO. Then I asked about fingerprinting status and was told they don't have that information, FBI sends it to the District Office. To get more details about FP, I have to get InfoPass appointment with DO. Is that correct ?

Hello guys ..I just let you know , I'm still waiting for my interview ...I hope that it comes soon

Thanks

My timeline so far

Hello. I am a new user on this forum.

Just wanted to post the timelines for myself and my wife for everyone's benefit. My DO is Hartford.

Self
PD: 12/26/2006
FD: 01/16/2007
LUD: 01/05/2007
ID: ??
OD: ??

Wife
PD: 12/26/2006
FD: 01/16/2007
LUD: 01/05/2007
ID: ??
OD: ??

Hello guys ..I just let you know , I'm still waiting for my interview ...I hope that it comes soon

Thanks

Hello OTTOREYNA, good luck! you should get it in a week. You're just after TOURISTAS and NHOTSKIE. Please post if you have any info.

Hello. I am a new user on this forum.

Just wanted to post the timelines for myself and my wife for everyone's benefit. My DO is Hartford.

Welcome aboard! Please post your info, you should get it in 3 weeks as per current stats.

Hello CTN400 thanks for your wishes

sometimes I'm hopeless, but I will have patience. .I hope that comes soon

Thanks Guys

Hey.. I wanted to know what your thoughts are on why there is such a huge delay in processing.

I have some friends who had applied last year in June and all of them had their oath completed within 5 months.

Do you really think its the FBI name check that is taking this long, or is it just that USCIS is overwhelmed with the number of applications and the delay is on their part?

I can't imagine that the FBI name check takes that long since I am sure most of the searches are automated. Although, I heard a rumor on one of the sites that the FBI in some cases works with the applications home country's government to identify any possible records. If this is the case, I can still believe the delay of 6 months or more, although it's hard to imagine the home countries being able to provide them this service on a perpetual basis.

Thoughts?

Update

My N400 dates are as follows:

PD: 8/9/2006
FP: 9/5/2006
IL: Waiting

I have updated the excel file as well.

My case disappeared today

My case disappeared today, I am hoping it's a good sign and will get an interview letter soon...

My case disappeared today, I am hoping it's a good sign and will get an interview letter soon...

I think your interview letter should be on its way. :) Congrats man!

Can you please let us know if you got an email from USCIS/DHS as well or did the case just disappear?

Congrats Zamindar!

Congrats Zamindar! You were already listed in my spreadsheet. Anyway, thanks for the update again!

As Palluji1 asks, did you get any email ? We are all happy for you!

Do you have any clue why your IL (I know not yet, but you will get soon!) took slightly longer than NAKATU, TOURISTAS and NHOTSKIE ? Were you stuck in name check or any other special situation caused the delay ?

Now next guys before me to get IL in the list are: OTTOREYNA, N400BC, PALLUJI1 and DUCKSOFT. I am waiting for my Seniors' reply.

I don't know what happened to FROGBYTE ?

Last edited by a moderator:
CTN400 & palluji1,
Thanks... I didn't get an email because I hadn't added my case to the portfolio in my USCIS account.... When I tried to check the status this mornings I got an error message saying my file record couldn't be located.... I tried several time, triple checking my case# but got the same results.... Then I logged on into my account (which I didn't used for a long time) and added my case to the portfolio.... It showed "last updated" date as 7/19/2007 for my N-400 case.... When I clicked my case in the portfolio, I got the same error msg.... So my case got updated today and went off-line, which I hope is a good sign (fingers crossed)... Here is how the error msg looks like:

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
  • Case Status Retrieval Failed
  • The status for this Receipt Number is incomplete at this time in this automated system and can not be displayed. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

To me it seems like the LUD and online case status is only changed by the Service Centers. I don't think the DO has the capability to change the online case status.

What is essentially means is that the when the case disappers online, it has been transferred to the local DO by the VSC.

Zamindar: This definitely means that you will be receiving your interview notice very shortly, so that's good news. :)

Unfortunately for those still waiting for their cases to be processed, it seems like the cases are not pending with the DO, but the SC instead. There is no sense in looking at the DO processing dates if the case hasn't even been transferred to the local office.

The intention is not to sound negative, but just trying to understand how the process works and open it up for discussion.

Comments?