my citizenship interview experience (donnt go to COP)

Paramvir1

Registered Users (C)
well
it was bad day.
right at the begining of interview officer asked me since i got my GC through asylum what reason took away my fear to go back to COP.i told him i went to see my ill mother.but he insisted to answer the question itself.then he asked me to fill up an affidavit to write the answer on that.
then normal questions but ignored traffic tickets.
"desicion cannot be made at this time"....................result
wish me good luck.
having bad mood today.
thanx

I'm sorry that it didn't go too well. Could you share some more info, like when you got asylum, whether you're the principal, how many times you went back (to India, I assume), and how soon after you were granted asylum, and with or without GC? Did you renew your NP? Thanks.

went twice.
asylum in 1999
visited 7 year after asylum with green card.
no question on passport.
it was genuine reason.

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. I hope that you'll get approved soon.

So what did you write on that affidavit?

what reason took away my fear to go back to COP.i told him i went to see my ill mother.but he insisted to answer the question itself.then he asked me to fill up an affidavit to write the answer on that.

I heard that the asylum based citezenship applications are not approved right on the spot and usually require the superviser's review. Maybe your case is a part of normal procedure.

nothing much just wrote that my mother was sick and i did not got to my hometown.

thats not true.i have seen recent examples approved right away.most likely it depends on officers who got experience in asylum cases vis a versa.
but i was considering myself best candidate for US citizenship.since i got public service job for last ten years ,pay $ 20000 taxes every year, nothing bad in any record,fluent in english and US values.i maintained well myself.
but its GOD...

thats not true.i have seen recent examples approved right away.most likely it depends on officers who got experience in asylum cases vis a versa.
but i was considering myself best candidate for US citizenship.since i got public service job for last ten years ,pay $ 20000 taxes every year, nothing bad in any record,fluent in english and US values.i maintained well myself.
but its GOD...

Sorry to hear about that. I am sure you will get the approval soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parmvir1
I'm so sorry to hear about your misfortune! Did you consider retaining an attorney to represent you in this case further on?

i am sorry to hear that . but your mom means alot to you i know that. feel happy and wait.

i am a derivitve asylum and i went to cop with RTD without GC. do you think this will affect my citizen interview?

my friend (he came from the same town and i actually call him "uncle") went back to COP for two months, and 3 months after the N-400 interview in L.A. he got a letter saying that he needs to go to Anaheim asylum office to schedule an interview. i won't try to go there.

thanx lot for your comforts and encourgements.
derivative asylum should not have any problem at all at citizenship interview.
but these stupid laws have made millions life misrable.i am not the only one.
i went there after 9 years.now if you tell them things are changed there then they will tell you get out here .now after spending so many years......?having family and all this...you know what i mean.
other thing is now these people are not same in regarding to laws.every imigration officer explains in his own thinking.that makes situation more confusing.
i had hired an attorney but i didnt take him with me today.just wanted keeps things easy.but.....

Don't worry, don't care about DO's bull, never heard about any case being denied based on emergency travel to see sicked mom in COP, the only one I know it has some hidden reason, just keep up updated,we all pray for u!

i went there after 9 years.now if you tell them things are changed there then they will tell you get out here .now after spending so many years......?having family and all this...you know what mean.
ther things now these people are not same in regarding to laws.every imigration officer explains in his own thinking.that makes situation more confusing.
i had hired an attorney but i didnt take him with me today.just wanted keeps things easy.but.....

Your misfortune today is annoying the hell out of me. Although I am very hopeful that you will soon get your approval by mail but it makes me wonder how they will treat the rest of us on our interview dates. This treatment by the officer is ridiculous....

I don't know why people want to give them ammunition for this issue. Going to COP, especially immediately after getting GC or staying there for a long time, makes you look bad.

If your country condition has changed, you just have to tell them that. There are many Poles that I know of who obtained GC years back (before 1990) and after Communists were gone they got NP and traveled back like hell. USCIS fully accepts that; no questions, ever.

i went there after 9 years.now if you tell them things are changed there then they will tell you get out here .now after spending so many years......?having family and all this...you know what i mean.
other thing is now these people are not same in regarding to laws.every imigration officer explains in his own thinking.that makes situation more confusing.

In a long run its not up to one particular officer. You can fight it in court and explain your case. Hopefully you will be apporved soon without all this hassle.

This treatment by the officer is ridiculous....

They are just doing their jobs. As one poster said before, don't give them an excuse to decline you..going to COP gives them that. Also as I have said before, if you were to go your COP, gather all evidence and show during the interview. If you have renewed your NP, there should be a valid reason too. My sister who got USC recently was asked about her renewal but she had all the proof that INFOPASS people asked her to renew to issue a temporary GC...