my citizenship interview experience (donnt go to COP)

I personally believe San Jose DO does not get the recognition/funds it deserves comparing to other big cities (SF, LA, CHI etc). Even though the workload is no less than any other high volume offices, we just don’t get our fair share of manpower, funds etc. And that’s what creates the bottleneck.

but for san jose office every small issue is big complication.even after citizenship approval they are taking almost a month or more to send oath letters(as per forum members)then another month wait for real oath.(exemptions are always there).so wait is longer here.i would advice central valley to apply your cases.much much faster and better.

I cannot agree (i) that this is a "small issue" and (ii) with your desire to condemn an entire USCIS district based on their action on your case. Plenty of people in the San Jose office have had their N-400 processed in the ordinary course.

I certainly understand your frustration. But I have to say that your interviewing officer is doing the right thing here. If you take off your subjectivity for a moment you will appreciate that your action warrants further review by the government prior to a grant of citizenship. They have a responsibility to ensure that your original asylum application was truthful.

If this is any consolation to you, I can represent that many people were and are in your shoes. Most of them were able to obtain citizenship. I hope and trust that you too will. Good luck.

well
it was bad day.
right at the begining of interview officer asked me since i got my GC through asylum what reason took away my fear to go back to COP.i told him i went to see my ill mother.but he insisted to answer the question itself.then he asked me to fill up an affidavit to write the answer on that.
then normal questions but ignored traffic tickets.
"desicion cannot be made at this time"....................result
wish me good luck.
having bad mood today.
thanx
well
it was bad day.
right at the begining of interview officer asked me since i got my GC through asylum what reason took away my fear to go back to COP.i told him i went to see my ill mother.but he insisted to answer the question itself.then he asked me to fill up an affidavit to write the answer on that.
then normal questions but ignored traffic tickets.
"desicion cannot be made at this time"....................result
wish me good luck.
having bad mood today.

Hello Paramvir1,
Its been a long time since your last post, but I'm curious to know what the outcome was of your US citizenship interview, since I'm planning to travel to my COP due to a family emergency, I will kindly appreciate it if. Thanks ✌️