my citizenship interview experience (donnt go to COP)

Well, there definitely are fraudulent asylum cases, as there is fraud when it comes to everything. Just to clarify, though, asylees can sometimes go to their COP for various reasons without being afraid. Conditions can change, yes, but even if they don't, it's different being, say, a homosexual and actually LIVING in your COP, where being persecuted is much easier, than just VISITING for a few days. You don't have to deal with as many people and put yourself out as much. You could visit your COP, but not the city in which you lived, where they might recognise you. Also, derivative asylees may have no fear at all, and there may be no risk of persecution. That being said, even with a well-founded fear, it may be imperative to go back under certain circumstances. The point is that every case is different.

Lazer,

I do not want to sound mean to you, and you know I am not. Why don't you just look up yourself. PACER has public access; it only charges you some cents per page which you actually viewed. Of course if you go to any college, you will be able to viewing all day and night for free.

Honestly it is too early for you to even think of suing them.

Hey you Attorney types on this forum, can you please do me a favor and lookup PACER for any court cases from Nothern IL for such cases that we are having a discussion about.

Thankful? :)

I do not know why you are so worried about this. You have yet to apply.

Guys

I did not know that I can lookup myself since some databases are restricted to certain professions. I will try to lookup myself.

maybe its too early for me to be worried about it anyway...:cool:

thanks for info

Please keep the discussion civilized

Folks:

Please keep this discussion civilized. As one of your mods, I have no objections to a civilzed argument, but insults will not be tolerated. Any more insulting comments, and I will delete the posts that do not pertain to the topic of the thread and bar those that are posting insulting comments. Thank you.

The posts that were using impolite language have been deleted.
In future, please report such posts to the admin or moderator.
thanks

thanks

I believe, that at least two of them are still not removed, namely, ##34 and 65, the latter being particularly offensive to me, as a former asylee. I also do not understand why my posting was deleted: I only pointed out that user ksam had no asylum experience and, therefore, not much to tell on the subject. Another point I made was freedom of speech does not equal freedom to insult other participants.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fully standby my comments and opinions

I fully 100% standby my comments and opinions posted in this thread.

If mod/admin wants to delete my posts ... I fully object to that as well but its up to them

Also to the mod/admins: please take a look at original OP's postings in this thread ... The OP used profanity towards uscis and that triggered my response ....

To the people taking offence to my posts, READ them carefully and look into your case and see if they fit together ... if not there is no need to take offence .... but if you insist on taking offensive its not my problem

thanks

Even Iran and North Korea don't engage in this type of cencership. What are the moderators and administrators doing? Deleting all the posts they don't like? where are the lawyers? speak up guys! this is unacceptable...

Dear Faysal, Ksam,

None of the posts containing useful information were deleted. The posts that were deleted were the ones that contained strong language or insult that is not required for a discussion.

For e.g., in your post,"Even Iran and North Korea don't engage in this type of cencership.", this is not needed.

thanks for maintaining respectful exchange of information on the forums.

Admin

Dear Administrator,
Respect should me mutual for all participants of the discussion. I truly have difficulty understanding why people with no asylum experience are allowed to smear asylees by implying that the asylum status itself is something not quite legal and certainly dishonorable. The same participant who "defends" the USCIS at the same time questions decision of this agency regarding granting asylum. It makes me wonder how it corresponds with the disclaimer at the top of the screen about not "posting negative comments or remarks about any person or organization" Why is it tolerated?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Faysal, Ksam,

None of the posts containing useful information were deleted. The posts that were deleted were the ones that contained strong language or insult that is not required for a discussion.

For e.g., in your post,"Even Iran and North Korea don't engage in this type of cencership.", this is not needed.

thanks for maintaining respectful exchange of information on the forums.

Admin

Dear monica1: the terms, “useful information, strong language, insult, respectful are all relatives terms, and philosophical in nature. By relative term I mean they have different meaning in different contexts, cultures. By philosophical, I mean they don’t have wrong or right answer. Therefore, for you to look at a post and decide it is not important, disrespectful, and insulting to me feels as not being important, and insulting and disrespectful. On the forum, we discuss issues that are important to asylees, and from time to time we engage in debates that are little bit not related…and we know…therefore, be respectful.

Yeah! that it true, San Francisco is much better than San Jose. I have no personal knowledge on citizenship delayes out there but I have seen people getting stuck after their green card interviews out there. Or in other words, they either hold on to the files and do nothing, or keep them keep them sendig here and there. One of my friend had to transfer his I485 from San Jose to SFO office, he appeard in a new interview out there and 'was approved the same day.

This might be true for I485 process but I heard and read (Citizenship forum) that N400s are getting processed within 4-5 months at San Jose district which is pretty fast. Ofcourse it is not true for ALL applicants just depends on the complications on your application.

This might be true for I485 process but I heard and read (Citizenship forum) that N400s are getting processed within 4-5 months at San Jose district which is pretty fast. Ofcourse it is not true for ALL applicants just depends on the complications on your application.

but for san jose office every small issue is big complication.even after citizenship approval they are taking almost a month or more to send oath letters(as per forum members)then another month wait for real oath.(exemptions are always there).so wait is longer here.i would advice central valley to apply your cases.much much faster and better.