Movement To Remove Retrogression And Have A Better Life

I totally agree with srinireddydgl. We all need to be very aggressive in order to be heard our voices in time. This bill has kind of amnesty for illegal workers which may not be acceptable for some senators but nobody is opposing other proposed immigration reforms like increasing and recapturing immigrant visa, reducing backlog, etc. So I believe, if they can't accept amnesty for illegal, still they can pass bill with other immigration reform or may introduce another bill to help us out. So bottomline is we all need to speed-up, work hard, gather maximum support and give our best shot.

Action item:
- Need to prepare 1st draft of letter.
- How can we involve employer as employer/we may not sure how can they help us? May be we can draft another letter for employer (which may include something like their business is severly affected due to retrogression, etc.). Employer can edit and send to this letter to senetors/congressman.

We need someone with good writing skill to draft letters which we can finalize with help of Mr.Khanna later.

Just my 2 cents...

srinireddydgl said:
We Learned From Conference Call With Rajiv That It Wont Get Passed That Easily Until Our Voices Are Heard
So Work Hard And Present Your Issues To Senator's/congressman So They Vote For It
We Dont Have Much Time

letter

I too agree....
We need to first decide on the points that need to be emphasized on the letter and then someone can use 'em as a basis to draft the letter..

Problems with the current system like..

No mater how hard USDOL and USCIS work on eliminating the Backlogs.. Ultimately it’s the priority dates that decide the throughput time of the Greencard process and therefore the need to make these priority dates current

kewl said:
Action item:
- Need to prepare 1st draft of letter.
- How can we involve employer as employer/we may not sure how can they help us? Just my 2 cents...
Quite a good suggestion kewl. The other day Rajiv had mentioned unitefamilies.org.
They have a sample letter on their website. http://www.unitefamilies.org/action/w_letter.html
This might give us some pointers to draft one. Unfortunately my employer does not seem to be of much use in this regard but where the case is otherwise, we can set up a sample letter for the employer.
Sandeep

Dexter said:
I too agree....
We need to first decide on the points that need to be emphasized on the letter and then someone can use 'em as a basis to draft the letter..

Agree. My 2 cents
Main points for the company to highlight might be:
-Permanent employment opportunity for which they have sponsored GC
-Due to annual numerical limits on the employment based visa, the employment based immigration is pending for need of visa numbers for x number of employees
-Retrogression has been so severe that there are no visas available for the employment based third preference categories in the last quarter
-Employees have been substantial contributors to the organization by virtue of their skills and to the society in general as law abiding taxpayers
-All the good work by USCIS is meaningless if there are no visa numbers available
-Section 601 (d) of S.1033 , the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act recommends increasing the yearly quota to 290,000
-Section 603 (b) also seeks to increase the availability of the visas to the third preference category most affected by retrogression
-Hence ask for support for this

First Draft

Guys,

I have tried to create the first draft of the letter, I am not a good writer but tried my best. I have taken some words from different different place and came up with this. Please provide your suggestions.

Thanks

Employer's 1st draft

Saurabh,
Thanks for that - I guess that roughly covers the points. Am uploading a version for the employers too. Hope that helps.
Sandeep

Saurabh & Sandeep,

Great job in taking ur time to prepare 1st draft. I have just posted it on our yahoo group and so we can have more exposure and people can give suggestions.

Consolidated list of people

kewl,

Can we propose to the people in the yahoo group to be part of the forum and update the spreadhsheet here, this way we can have a consolidated list of people. I know there are lot of people who are in the yahoo group also and we have close to 50 on our list here.

Thanks
Saurabh
kewl said:
Saurabh & Sandeep,

Great job in taking ur time to prepare 1st draft. I have just posted it on our yahoo group and so we can have more exposure and people can give suggestions.

Recapture clause too

There is a clause in the secure america bill for the recapture of unused visas from the previous years. Can this also be included in our draft?

485Nebraska said:
There is a clause in the secure america bill for the recapture of unused visas from the previous years. Can this also be included in our draft?
Already there - "Section 601 (d) of S.1033 , the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act (introduced in Senate) recommends increasing the yearly quota to 290,000 and incorporates some visa number recapture from the previous years. This would help in alleviating the problems faced by our employees by making a higher number of visa numbers available. Section 603 (b) also seeks to increase the availability of the visas to the third preference category most affected by retrogression." Can elaborate on this if necessary
Sandeep

Saurabh,

Ok, I will do that but if someone not registered to this site cannot update it. Few folks can be lazy to register here and we don't want to miss them. So I don't know which one is good idea:
- to place spreadsheet both places and merge sometime
- place either one of the location

saurabh_tulika said:
kewl,

Can we propose to the people in the yahoo group to be part of the forum and update the spreadhsheet here, this way we can have a consolidated list of people. I know there are lot of people who are in the yahoo group also and we have close to 50 on our list here.

Thanks
Saurabh

Spreading the message around

Guys,
Most of you have done a good job spreading the message around. I was wondering if any of the other forums have been covered? (Like murthyforum, immihelp etc which have relatively moderate activity). Can AILA be of any help?
It might be worthwhile to make a list of all threads where we have posted so that we do not reinvent the wheel and different guys post same stuff. (Went to a couple of threads in this forum and saw that srinireddydgl has been very helpfull and has already posted in a lot of them!)
Unitefamilies has posted pamphlets which are being circulated in ethnic grocery stores, places of worship etc. Likewise, it might be good to display the petitions in the local (ethnic) areas with tear off tags giving the address of this thread - might as well get more people to visit threads like this one. Suggestions welcome ...
Sandeep

Good point, Sandeep. Please everyone try to spread our efforts wherever beneficial to us.

By the way, I submitted couple of messages on murthy forum before 2 days back but they never posted it!! Every submission in murthy forum goes through admin who decide whether to post the submission or not. Looks like Ms.Murthy only talks to help immigration community but never does when we are in need or may be they don't want their users to divert to other websites/forums or may be retrogression is good for them!! This is totally in contrast to Mr.Rajiv Khanna who always besides immigration community, always willing to help us and accessible. Rajiv rocks!!

Sandeep_N said:
Guys,
Most of you have done a good job spreading the message around. I was wondering if any of the other forums have been covered? (Like murthyforum, immihelp etc which have relatively moderate activity).

Added mine

Hi Guys ,

Its great to see you guys coming forward with so much excellent ideas & thoughts. I fully appreciate and support your efforts in making this movement a great success.

Wish us good luck !

Any Suggestions

If anyone has any suggestions on those letters created by me and Sandeep, please do give it. Please update your comments into it. We need to take some action soon on it.

Thanks
Saurabh

kewl said:
By the way, I submitted couple of messages on murthy forum before 2 days back but they never posted it!! Every submission in murthy forum goes through admin who decide whether to post the submission or not. !
Some months back this was not so "controlled" - now it looks like there is screening of the messages. Maybe we should just ask her support during the chat that she has on Monday.

From Jay2005

I am all for any movement against retrogression.
Case EB2/RIR from Nebraska with PD 9/2004. Stuck at Dallas BEC
jay2005