Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

I had my interview on the 11th at downtown LA, and they gave me my oath letter right there. Im scheduled for an oath on Feb 1st. Finally going to be done.

I had my interview on the 11th at downtown LA, and they gave me my oath letter right there. Im scheduled for an oath on Feb 1st. Finally going to be done.

Congratulations Muks, it's a long road and it's great that it's finally done for you. Congrats!!

Just got my interview letter so here's my timeline:

======================================
District Office: Los Angeles, CA
05/29/07: Appl. Rc'd-Priority Date
06/25/07: FP Date-Bellflower CA
01/19/08: IL Rc'd
03/19/08: IL Date
00/00/00: Interview Result (N652)
00/00/00: N. Oath (N445)
00/00/00: Oath Ceremony Date
00/00/00: PP Appl.
00/00/00: VR
00/00/00: PP Rc'd

Hi Guys,

I applied for citizenship based on marriage to us citizen. I sent my N-400 into the california office (I live in San Diego) in March and my case status says the following.

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On March 23, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. .... This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. <snip>

I had my fingerprinting done on June 4th and have not heard anything since. Wondering if this is taking longer than it should or if this is the time frame everyone else is seeing...waiting for the letter to come :-(

Hi Guys,

I applied for citizenship based on marriage to us citizen. I sent my N-400 into the california office (I live in San Diego) in March and my case status says the following.

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On March 23, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. .... This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. <snip>

I had my fingerprinting done on June 4th and have not heard anything since. Wondering if this is taking longer than it should or if this is the time frame everyone else is seeing...waiting for the letter to come :-(

Don't take this as gospel, but there have been reports that once your case appears online it is in the system and you're probably in Name Check. Once Name Check clears your case is transferred to the DO and it disappears online. Can't say that it happens 100% of the time, but numerous people have reported this. So it may be your case is in Name Check.

You can always call the 800 number and try to find out.

Don't take this as gospel, but there have been reports that once your case appears online it is in the system and you're probably in Name Check. Once Name Check clears your case is transferred to the DO and it disappears online. Can't say that it happens 100% of the time, but numerous people have reported this. So it may be your case is in Name Check.

You can always call the 800 number and try to find out.

Would you be so kind as to PM me the 800 number you mention above?

Hello Everyone. Here's an update of my application's progress...

BTW, we have almost the same timeline Yafoulli!

Sent Application to CSC: 05/23/2007
Application received: 05/24/2007
Priority Date: 05/24/2007
Received Notice of Action: 06/08/2007
*Payment Check cleared*
FP Notice Received: 06/13/2007
FP Appointment Date: 07/06/2007
IL Received: 01/22/2008 (Notice date on I-797C: 01/17/2008)
Interview Date: 03/18/2008

This is what I have so far... As for the online status where some says that their record "disappears" once things clear or reach the interview level, in my case, I can still see my status online--so I guess it does vary.

**Can anyone tell me the website where they show the oath taking schedule in Los Angeles? Thanks!**

My experience

I received interview letter for Interview on Jan 03 2008 for myself and my wife. Interview was at Federal building downtown LA. Two different officers interviewed us separately.
They confirmed all details in N-400 form again and then conducted the Civics test and the english test and my wife received a congratulations letter immediately. I was asked to go to DMV and get my driving record and return to the same officer. Cost is $5 at DMV and I returned and gave it to the officer and he signed and updated his computer and gave me a congratulations letter immediately,

On January 9 Oath letter was sent to me and I recived it on January 11
Oath is scheduled for Friday February 1 2008 at Fairplex Pomona and I am asked to come there at 12:30 PM

My wife still has not recieved her oath letter.

Civics test is similar to DMV driving test in the sense that the officers do not get to ask any question they want. They have 10-15 sets of questions already printed and he picks one page from the different stack of pages that he has and administers the Civics test.

The test is designed by someone else. The civics questions are popularly known as 100 questions but are actually 96 questions

The Civics book clearly states on page one that the questions have a one line question and a one line answer and the paragraph is an explanation and need not be memorized. This is one of the main things that people are very confused about......People think that the candidate needs to know Civics information and questions can be asked about anything and everything about History and Civics.

96 Questions and answers are clearly defined in the Civics book !!!!!!!!

It is also advisable that when the officer talks to you that you should be communicative. This will enable the officer to make sure that you understand and comprehend ENGLISH !!! Of course This is if your english skills are good.

For example when He asks you your name you could answer
a) My name is XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
or
b) XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

If he asks you how are you you could answer
a) Good
b) I am doing Good thank you.

You could talk to the point or be more communicative.

He asked me where are you working.

My answer was . I am working at XXXXXXXXXXXXX. My supervisors name is XXXXXXXXXX The office is at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
on the XXXX floor. I work as a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX in the XXXXXXXXXXX department.

My whole point is that if you know english well please take the opportunity to talk a little more than required. This does not mean that we have to answer by telling our full life story but you should be a little more communicative....It does not hurt.

Of course I had to make two visits to the IIO and had to pay twice for parking !!!! that sucks but hey this part is over and I got my Oath letter

I still have to wait for my wife to get her Oath letter.

My interview

I had my interview today, it was at down town LA. My appointment was suppose to be at 11:00 am, but i was in that building an hour and half before my appointemnt because the last time i scheduled an info pass i couldn't make it because of traffic accidents, so i waited in the lobby for around 45 minutes and then went to the sixth floor, the guy at the door took my notice and asked me to wait for my name to be called, around 10:25 i was called in by an officer, we went to her office and she asked me to swear to say the truth.... i did, then i sat down, she went quickly through my file, and asked me for my ID, Green card and passport, after she made sure all documents are in the file, she asked me if i had any kids... which we did Last July... so she said congratulations and asked me for his Birth certificate, i gave her the original and a copy, she checked both, and gave me back the original and thanked me for the copy., she went through the application real quick, name address, SS#, employment( which i told her i got laid off last summer and now i am self employed) so she changed that, she finished all the questions in the application and asked me 10 questions for the test... i answered them all( all from the 96 questions) then did the english reading and writing test, and talked about the weather, the housing market and the Fed iinterest rate Cut. before 10:40 she gave me the N-652 and Congratulate me for passing my test, she asked me if i want my oath letter to be mailed or to wait a couple of hours which i said i will wait... at 12:30 i got my N-445 Oath Letter.
Very pleasant officer, and i had a great quick interview.