Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hey Alect!

I'll take one for the team any time! My pleasure. I was late to work but the reassurance was worth it!

I hope the same for you too and that we both get our ILs soon.

Best,
-jedi

Done!

Finally I am done! 1st Feb was my oath. My timeline was:
Applied 10th April 07
FP 26th May 07
Interview 11th Jan 08
Oath 1st Feb 08

Applied for passport and now waiting for it to come in!

Thanks for all the help you guys have given.

Applied 10th April 07
FP 26th May 07
Interview 11th Jan 08
Oath 1st Feb 08

Congrats, Muks. :)

I have a question for you: Where did you take your Oath?

just joined the forum

my NOA1 says "expect to be notified "within 425 days of this notice" that is January 2009 :eek: :(:(
my timeline is in signature, waiting for IL,

good luck to everybody!

Applied 10th April 07
FP 26th May 07
Interview 11th Jan 08
Oath 1st Feb 08

Congrats Muks:)

Denna,

I have Noticed that Your BF Timeline is SUPPPPPPPPPPPER FAST!!!!.
Is there any Secret????:):D

Hi Ninim2200,

Secret? I have no Idea. Did you know that I paid 99.95 for his N-400 application from an on-line site. Can you believe it? When I could get it for free!!!

About it being fast, I guess we were lucky.

Hey, I am looking at your Time-line. COOL! 2/21/08 Oath Ceremony too. Where is your's located and what time?

Hi Ninim2200,

Secret? I have no Idea. Did you know that I paid 99.95 for his N-400 application from an on-line site. Can you believe it? When I could get it for free!!!

About it being fast, I guess we were lucky.

Hey, I am looking at your Time-line. COOL! 2/21/08 Oath Ceremony too. Where is your's located and what time?
Hi,
It's at the Convention Center at 12:30 PM

correct me if i am wrong:

April-May 2007 filers were processed by LA District office and issued Inteview letters in December 2007 (as offcially it was on website Dec 15 they were processing May 19 or something similar) interviews scheduled to Feb 2008

May-June filers were processed and scheduled interviews in January (on website - Jan 15 it was June 19) interview dates given in March 2008

following that pattern i predict

June-mid July 2007 filers -> IL in February 2008-> scheduled for April 2008- oath in May-June
mid July 2007-August 2007 -> IL March 2008 -> scheduled for May 2008->oath June-July
August-Sep-Oct 2007(a lot less applications) -> IL in April 2008 -> scheduled for June -> oath July-Aug
Sep-Oct-Nov 2007- IL in May 2008-> scheduled for July-> oath in Aug-Sep 2008
Nov-Dec-Jan 2008- IL in June 2008 - scheduled for August 2008 oath in Sep-Oct 2008.

what do you think?

correct me if i am wrong:

April-May 2007 filers were processed by LA District office and issued Inteview letters in December 2007 (as offcially it was on website Dec 15 they were processing May 19 or something similar) interviews scheduled to Feb 2008

May-June filers were processed and scheduled interviews in January (on website - Jan 15 it was June 19) interview dates given in March 2008

following that pattern i predict

June-mid July 2007 filers -> IL in February 2008-> scheduled for April 2008- oath in May-June
mid July 2007-August 2007 -> IL March 2008 -> scheduled for May 2008->oath June-July
August-Sep-Oct 2007(a lot less applications) -> IL in April 2008 -> scheduled for June -> oath July-Aug
Sep-Oct-Nov 2007- IL in May 2008-> scheduled for July-> oath in Aug-Sep 2008
Nov-Dec-Jan 2008- IL in June 2008 - scheduled for August 2008 oath in Sep-Oct 2008.

what do you think?
It's so hard to know for sure, because of the limited and sporadic information that we receive. If you believe the USCIS website, the LA DO had processed cases received up until June 19, 2007 as of January 15, 2008 (about a month ago). However, we know that there was a huge increase in total applications in July (presumably many of these occurred in LA), so it may take them a while to interview all those applicants.

At the same time, one individual on this board has a PD of 7-23-07 and already had his interview in January 2007, with his oath being scheduled for late February 2008. Assuming that the USCIS really does "process applications in the order in which they are received" then this individual's processing timeline does appear to bode favorably for many Los Angeles applicants who applied in July.

My gut feeling is that your timeline is just a little bit optimistic for those who filed in mid July or beyond, given the volumes they have to process (notwithstanding the case noted above). However, I am hoping you are within a month or so, which would give an overall processing time of just over a year for most summer 2007 filers. Not great, but better than 16 - 18 months. Anyway, we may just have to sit back and wait for a few more people to get ILs before we'll know for sure.

My DO is Santa Ana, but the reason I am interested in the LA DO is that in the past Santa Ana and LA actually have taken each other's cases in order to "level load" case volumes and processing times (I believe that most cases went from LA to Santa Ana rather than the other way around.) Since both DOs (like many DOs across the country) are reporting a N-400 processing date of June 19, 2007, I assume that they are fairly equal in terms of processing timelines, which is why I keep an eye on both DOs.

My timeline (CSC / DO: Santa Ana):

PD: 8-21-07
Check Cashed: 10-29-07
NOA Rec'd: 11-21-07
FP Notice Rec'd: 12-22-07
FP Complete: 12-22-07 (walk in)
FP Date: 1-17-08
IL: Waiting

Case appears online as having been received on 10-26-07.

At the same time, one individual on this board has a PD of 7-23-07 and already had his interview in January 2007, with his oath being scheduled for late February 2008. Assuming that the USCIS really does "process applications in the order in which they are received" then this individual's processing timeline does appear to bode favorably for many Los Angeles applicants who applied in July.

I have a feeling you are talking about my Boyfriend, yummyk :D

I have a feeling you are talking about my Boyfriend, yummyk :D

I am indeed talking about your boyfriend, Denna. He is a lucky man, not just to have you in his life, but also because of his N-400 processing time.

Reading a NY Times article some months ago, it was my understanding that the number of N-400 applications sent to the CSC for the LA region last summer actually set some sort of record. For your boyfriend to have already completed his interview is very fast, given his PD of 7-23-07. While I don't want to get carried away based on only one case, since we know processing is sporadic, I think his case provides the rest of us with a bit of hope. Best of luck to both of you!

I am indeed talking about your boyfriend, Denna. He is a lucky man, not just to have you in his life, but also because of his N-400 processing time.

Reading a NY Times article some months ago, it was my understanding that the number of N-400 applications sent to the CSC for the LA region last summer actually set some sort of record. For your boyfriend to have already completed his interview is very fast, given his PD of 7-23-07. While I don't want to get carried away based on only one case, since we know processing is sporadic, I think his case provides the rest of us with a bit of hope. Best of luck to both of you!

Aww...That was very sweet of you to say. Thank you, yummyk.

Yes, I know. He applied just before the increase, I believe his prayers have been answered. :)

BTW, I am sure he is not the only one. If only there are more people on this site. Good luck to you too, yummyk.

i also noticed that people who filed in June-July can be divided in 2 groups

1) lucky cases processed at normal speed: check cashed and NOA1 received within a week, FP within 4-8 weeks of filing,
2) cases delayed up until cashing check in November, fingerprints in December etc

so i assume those lucky ones who were initially processed fast also get interviews and oath faster, including Deena's boyfriend, and Priority Date plays little role here, probably main reason is the way cases were distributed in June-July, and lucky ones just were processed by a faster department or officer, were sent to FBI faster, luckily cleared fast and got in line for interview in local office fast.

as to rest of us who happened to be in a pile of delayed cases in a slower departments and officers's desks, we just need to stay calm waiting untill June-July clears, hopefully by end of summer, and process will return to it's normal speed for people who filed after July