Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

maheshgajanan

Registered Users (C)
I was thinking it would cool to have one thread to follow progress of various LA area N-400 applicants. Can you post your processing timelines and current status?

I am myself applying in about a month's time.

Mahesh

Applied Dec 10th 2003

From this forum, I found one posted by hbhatia. I am simply copying from one of his thread (hope that is okay with you, Mr. Bhatia)

Los Angeles
App date: Dec 10 2003
Fp date: Jan 22 2004
Int date: May 12 2004
Oath date: June 25 2004

Applied: Oct 30 2003
FP: Dec 12 2003
Interview letter: May 7 2004
Interview: Jun 11 2004
Interview descheduled (Reagan's death): Jun 24 2004
Oath: waiting (pending name check :()

Tracking

Good idea. I become eligible on Dec 1 and will be filing on Sep 1, 90 days prior to eligibility date. Don't know how long things take in Los Angeles, but I'd like to keep track via this board.

My timeline

Los Angeles

Priority Date ............ Feb. 4, 2004
Fingerprint Date ....... March 9, 2004
Interview Date ......... May 21, 2004
Oathtaking Date ....... July 23, 2004

(less than 6 months from application mailing date to oathtaking ceremony)

good luck to all

Election year

Since this is an election year, it is possible that they want to process applications for citizenship quickly. In any case, glad to know that the turnaround time is 6 months or so...

aso did all of you who put your los angeles timlines here now citizens?... what was the interview like?... what docs did you take?...

Here's another one from i551china that I am quoting verbatim from another thread. The DO is El Monte which I think is same as LA:

April 2004 - submitted the N400 application
June 2004 - Finger print
August 2004 - interview

had all my documents: passport, green card(did not receive yet), marriage certificate/prior marriage certificate, driver license, spouse's citizenship certificate, etc according to the required document list from the interview notice letter.

the interview itself was straight-forward. i was asked to write a sentence. ask me a question from the 100 question list.

now, just waiting for the oath notice letter.

<rest of the message snipped here>

Any update from LA from anyone ??
LA seems to be one of the fastest DO as per the published time :)

My details so far

Los Angeles District Office

Priority Date ............ Nov 2, 2004
Fingerprint Date ....... Feb 10, 2005

Also, they misspelled my middle name on the receipt notice. I'm almost positive this will cause problems since the middle name doesn't match the one in my passport or green card. There goes my 6 month turnaround time theory....

DO - El Monte

My timeline so far

Los Angeles

Priority Date ............ Sept 7, 2004
Fingerprint Date ....... Oct 6, 2004
Interview Date ......... Feb 8, 2005 at El monte

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath letter received!

I got yesterday my oath letter - I think it's all because of the intervention of my congresswoman's case worker...

My timeline (some dates not exact - don't remember now):
10/30/2003 - PD
12/11/2003 - Fingerprints - cleared by FBI the same day
05/15/2004 - Interview letter
06/24/2004 - Interview passed
09/06/2004 - Found out that " A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) submitted a request for you on November 14, 2003. However, this submission resulted in an error with the request and was not accepted by our automated system. Since no further resubmissions have been received by the USCIS we are unable to be of more assistance at this time."
09/09/2004 - contacted congressperson.
09/10/2004 - Sent a letter to interviewing officer - unanswered
10/01/2004 - First inquiry to congressional liaison left unanswered
10/15/2004 - Second inquiry indicates that my case is continued for background checks
10/30/2004 - My case status disappeared online and the last update date was changed to 10/30/2004
11/11/2004 - Sent name check status request to FBI - no response until today
12/15/2004 - I went to LA DO and found out that my name check is still not submitted to FBI. I told it my caseworker and she said she was aware and she already contacted FBI.
12/20/2004 - Received answer for my own inquiry from USCIS along with a form to submit biographical data
01/18/2005 - I got a call from my caseworker saying that I will be scheduled for ceremony within 60 days.
01/31/2005 - Received oath letter for February 11, 2005 (am very happy :))

Anahit said:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I'll post my experience from the ceremony which probably would take quite some time that day - I was told by my case worker USCIS scheduled about 4000 people for 1PM time on Feb 11...

Received interview letter

My update:

PD Oct 1
Interview date schedule for Mar 5 at El Monte ASC

Last edited by a moderator: