Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Oath scheduled at last!!

My oath letter has finally arrived after almost 4 months (interviewed on 10/3/2007). I am scheduled for 2/21/2008. OL dated 1/24, mailed on 1/25 and here in hand at last. I am so glad that I could cancel the infopass scheduled for 2/4/2008. Thank you for all your wishes and support! Wish you all the best of luck!

The force is strong

Thanks Jedi!

I predict the force has your IL in the mail soon. I hope I am as good a prophet as you :p. I am so excited and I need to go read that letter again to make sure I am not just dreaming it all up.

My oath letter has finally arrived after almost 4 months (interviewed on 10/3/2007). I am scheduled for 2/21/2008. OL dated 1/24, mailed on 1/25 and here in hand at last. I am so glad that I could cancel the infopass scheduled for 2/4/2008. Thank you for all your wishes and support! Wish you all the best of luck!

Wow ..great news, just in time i guess to cancel your InfoPass ...best of luck :)

Wow ..great news, just in time i guess to cancel your InfoPass ...best of luck :)

Yep, I can say good bye to Los Angeles mall parking garage :D. Man, that mall lives solely on parkings from poor infopass growers. Good luck, wael megid, your oath will come soon. I have a feeling they are picking up the pace!!

^Hi Mimithecat,

I've noticed you are scheduled for the 02/21/2008 Oath Ceremony. COOL!!!

Where is yours Located?

I had my interview today. Appointment was for 8:50am Santa Ana office. Reached there by 8:20am. My name was called at 9:45am. Very straightforward. IO asked for the SS Registration proof. Showed her the Waiver letter from SS. Also she asked for document showing me and my wife's name on it (as i filed my application based on her being a citizen). Luckily i had my health insurance and auto insurance card with me, which the IO said will do as well. She made a copy of the documents and recommened my case for approval. As for the oath date, she said i should hear back from them in about 90 days. If i was lucky I could potentially get the Feb 25th date. Keeping my fingers crossed. So now the wait begins for the oath letter.
The whole process took about 15 minutes, as it was a pretty straightforward case.

I will keep you guys posted, with any new updates.

Info Pass In 300 N. Los Angeles Today!

Hi All,

So, I couldn't wait any more and scheduled an INFOPASS for today @ 8:30am. I arrived at 8:35am and was given a number in line. I sat down and waited, waited, waited. Then, at 10:55am my number was called.

The officer told me that I cleared (1) background and (2) fingerprint on September 7th. I've been in queue for an interview since September 7th and that I should have my IL by end of March FOR SURE.

With that, I left satisfied, and infused with re-newed patience.

Best Wishes As Always,
-Jedi.Knight

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearing the background checks

Hi Jedi.Knight,

Congratulations on clearing all the background checks!!! That's the most important gate to pass. For the rest, just be patient. And I know, it's very hard to wait, but I've been there :D.

I had my interview today. Appointment was for 8:50am Santa Ana office. Reached there by 8:20am. My name was called at 9:45am. Very straightforward. IO asked for the SS Registration proof. Showed her the Waiver letter from SS. Also she asked for document showing me and my wife's name on it (as i filed my application based on her being a citizen). Luckily i had my health insurance and auto insurance card with me, which the IO said will do as well. She made a copy of the documents and recommened my case for approval. As for the oath date, she said i should hear back from them in about 90 days. If i was lucky I could potentially get the Feb 25th date. Keeping my fingers crossed. So now the wait begins for the oath letter.
The whole process took about 15 minutes, as it was a pretty straightforward case.

I will keep you guys posted, with any new updates.

Congrats! on your Interview. I hope you get your Oath Letter soon.

Hi All,

So, I couldn't wait any more and schedule an INFOPASS for today @ 8:30am. I arrived at 8:35am and was given a number in line. I sat down and waited, waited, waited. Then, at 10:55am my number was called.

The officer told me that I cleared (1) background and (2) fingerprint on September 7th. I've been in queue for an interview since September 7th and that I should have my IL by end of March FOR SURE.

With that, I left satisfied, and infused with newed patience.

Best Wishes As Always,
-Jedi.Knight

2 hours! OMG.

Seeing that everything is cleared. Best of luck to you.

Denna,

Yeah! I now right! Two hours to ask a simple question. Nevertheless, they have to do what they have to do. So, WAITING! hehe! I'm genuinely a happy camper, but in this case I thought it was odd. My initial instincts were confirmed. It nice to get reassurance you know. Congrats on your journey! I love to see others' successes. It give hope!

May The Force Be With You!

-jedi

Thanks for the Link. :)

Congrats! to you. You made it. He got the 8:00AM appointment, what about you?

Me too. 8:00am, bringht and early and more hours to wait. LOL. I am taking that day off so I can go update SSN of my immigration status, getting new ID, passport.

Tips on other things to take care of?

Thanks mimithecat!

Yeah! I hear ya! Waiting. But now I know what to expect. Thanks for your support!

-jedi

You are very welcome. I spent many sleepless nights (funny how I still get these after moving away from Seattle :) ) reading and searching this board every time I felt despair. I couldn't make it without you guys' support. I find myself keep coming back and want to hear others' good news.

Good luck!!!!

Me too. 8:00am, bringht and early and more hours to wait. LOL. I am taking that day off so I can go update SSN of my immigration status, getting new ID, passport.

Tips on other things to take care of?

LOL, bright and Early. Actually if that was me I would be fine. I work at 6:00am. In My BF case, that is another story, hehe. But, since I am off that day. Might as well be his Guest. Are you changing your name? if so...all Credit cards, your bank, gas company, DWP and etc...

Hi All,

So, I couldn't wait any more and scheduled an INFOPASS for today @ 8:30am. I arrived at 8:35am and was given a number in line. I sat down and waited, waited, waited. Then, at 10:55am my number was called.

With that, I left satisfied, and infused with re-newed patience.

Best Wishes As Always,
-Jedi.Knight

Fantastic new Jedi - both for you and me :D - I had sort of been hoping this would be the case given the processing times posted on their site.

Thanks for taking it (2hr wait) "for the team"!!