Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

LA Dates Posted on USCIS Website Again!

Hi All,

So, the USCIS is processing the N400 from May 19! This will give everyone better ideas as to when ILs will be received! :eek:

-jedi.knight

Hi All,

So, the USCIS is processing the N400 from May 19! This will give everyone better ideas as to when ILs will be received! :eek:

-jedi.knight

According to USCIS website my application was accepted on June 7 :confused:
On their site they also indicate that any application date from June 1st would take between 16 to 18 month to process :mad: Am I in that unluky group ?

Patience , patience , patience ......:rolleyes:

Got OATH, 2/1/2008 Fairplex, Santa Ana DO

Received oath letter 1/4/2008, oath date: 2/1/2008 LA Fairplex

DO: Santa Ana,CA

5/30/07: Mailed N-400
6/1/07 : Receipt Date
7/26/2007: Finger Prints
12/11/2007: Interview Date
2/1/2008 : Oath

I've been waiting since Feb 2007 and my PD is 1/30/07. So where is my IL??? Why is Background/Name Check taking so long? :confused::mad:

More waiting for me

Hi all,

Happy New Year! I hope the new year is treating you well so far.

Here are some updates on the lack of progress of my case. I went for two more infopass appointments after the first one.

On 12/6, I was sent up to the 6th floor where all the naturalization interviews happens. The IO told me that everything is good, just need to wait for supervisor approval. He told me lots of people were waiting and told me to go back in 30 days.

I went back right after X'mas hoping that the IOs would be in a nice mood. Hmm... I was way off. The first IO on the 1st floor was nice. He confirmed everything I was told on 12/6 and he sent me up back to the 6th floor for more info. The naturalization interview room was pretty deserted that day. The 2nd IO was very upset that people kept being sent up there. I was told that all supervisors were out on vacation and there is absolutely no information for me in the whole building...

I went back there today hoping people would be back from vacation by now. I was seen by an IO on the first floor. He immediately reminded me that they have 120 days to make a decision before I could start any conversation. He said that the PO Box address found on the interview receipt is only for address change. So I guess the inquiry letters I sent out last week would just get chucked :(. When I told him that the interviewer told me that I would receive my oath appointment in 2-3 months, he said that the interviewers do not handle the scheduling, thus do not have the correct information... Hmm... oh well, he said that I need to wait for my 120 days to be up until I can get back to the 6th floor again.... *sigh*. So then he said that I should make another infopass post 2/3/2008 and he said it would be likely to be another month beyond then for me to be scheduled. He said that they only had half of the capacity during the holiday season. Then later, he said that I should just wait and not even bother going back. *another sigh*. With double of the amount of applications and half the capacity, does it mean 4 times as much wait? I guess I just had my interview at a bad timing. I wish you guys better luck with your cases!

Timeline:
03/07/07 Priority Date
04/04/07 Fingerprint Date
09/09/07 Received Interview Notice
10/03/07 Interview Date (LA downtown, recommened for approval)
12/6/07 Infopass 1 (background, finerprint checks cleared, waiting for supervisor approval)
12/26/07 Infopass 2 (waiting for supervisor approval)
1/9/08 InforPass 3 (still waiting for supervisor approval)
?/?/?...

Hi all,

Happy New Year! I hope the new year is treating you well so far.

Here are some updates on the lack of progress of my case. I went for two more infopass appointments after the first one.

On 12/6, I was sent up to the 6th floor where all the naturalization interviews happens. The IO told me that everything is good, just need to wait for supervisor approval. He told me lots of people were waiting and told me to go back in 30 days.

I went back right after X'mas hoping that the IOs would be in a nice mood. Hmm... I was way off. The first IO on the 1st floor was nice. He confirmed everything I was told on 12/6 and he sent me up back to the 6th floor for more info. The naturalization interview room was pretty deserted that day. The 2nd IO was very upset that people kept being sent up there. I was told that all supervisors were out on vacation and there is absolutely no information for me in the whole building...

I went back there today hoping people would be back from vacation by now. I was seen by an IO on the first floor. He immediately reminded me that they have 120 days to make a decision before I could start any conversation. He said that the PO Box address found on the interview receipt is only for address change. So I guess the inquiry letters I sent out last week would just get chucked :(. When I told him that the interviewer told me that I would receive my oath appointment in 2-3 months, he said that the interviewers do not handle the scheduling, thus do not have the correct information... Hmm... oh well, he said that I need to wait for my 120 days to be up until I can get back to the 6th floor again.... *sigh*. So then he said that I should make another infopass post 2/3/2008 and he said it would be likely to be another month beyond then for me to be scheduled. He said that they only had half of the capacity during the holiday season. Then later, he said that I should just wait and not even bother going back. *another sigh*. With double of the amount of applications and half the capacity, does it mean 4 times as much wait? I guess I just had my interview at a bad timing. I wish you guys better luck with your cases!

Timeline:
03/07/07 Priority Date
04/04/07 Fingerprint Date
09/09/07 Received Interview Notice
10/03/07 Interview Date (LA downtown, recommened for approval)
12/6/07 Infopass 1 (background, finerprint checks cleared, waiting for supervisor approval)
12/26/07 Infopass 2 (waiting for supervisor approval)
1/9/08 InforPass 3 (still waiting for supervisor approval)
?/?/?...

Wow - sorry to hear about your wait. This has to be the worst managed entity in the entire US government (if not the world :D ). Unbelievable!

Hanging in there

Thanks Alect! Well, what can I do? I just wish they would be straight up, put a new time estimate out for people on their website or something. I would just shut up and wait if I have a new time frame... I know there are other people waiting. I overhead some other conversations. I heard at least one person waiting for about the same amount I have. Now that I know I am not alone, I am fine waiting. Just don't want to have to follow up with them all the time. I have my day job to go to too :).

beware what you wish for

yes, I got my wish -- a new timeframe. I received a letter regarding the request I made on 1/2/08 through the 1-800 customer service number. It basically said that my case is under review and I should receive a decision or some other notice of actoin in 60 days. The problem is I went to the local office yesterday (post the letter date). The officeer didn't give me any indication of a 60 time frame. I don't know if I can trust this so call 60 days time frame at all....

hope your oath letter arrives soon!

mimithecat,

cool name.
I cancelled my info pass because of what happened to you. I'm going to wait until Feb 9 to go to the local DO here in LA.

I hope the force has your Oath letter on it's way to you!

Best Wishes,
-jedi.knight

May the force be with you too!

Hi Jedi.Knight,

Thanks! I am just stealing my cat's name :). May the force be with you also. I hope they have worked out a better process by the time of your interview.

mimithecat

yes, I got my wish -- a new timeframe. I received a letter regarding the request I made on 1/2/08 through the 1-800 customer service number. It basically said that my case is under review and I should receive a decision or some other notice of actoin in 60 days. The problem is I went to the local office yesterday (post the letter date). The officeer didn't give me any indication of a 60 time frame. I don't know if I can trust this so call 60 days time frame at all....

I hate to be pessimistic/realistic but it sounds like a form letter to me :(

Yeah, that's my feeling too -- a boilerplate reply. I don't think my phone call made a difference at all. I'll check back with another infopass on the 120 day mark. Wish me luck!

Thanks Wael,
How did your Interview go? Hope everything went well.

Thanks

Hello , it went just fine, approved , however since i was late , and the supervisor was gone, i didn't get the final approval, officer promised to be first thing Moday (today) morning

When is yours

Hi ninim2200

Funny ur intervoew is @ 11:00 AM next wed 23rd, while i scheduled an infopass on same day @ 9:15 AM, so i make sure that i was approved by the supervisor ...we will probably meet then :)