09/08/2007: Interview letter received w/ 10/03/07 AD
10/03/2007: Interview passed
11/02/2007: Oath letter received
11/30/2007: Oath ceremony at downtown LA

Timeline: US Passport
11/30/2007: Passport applied
12/04/2007: Passport received

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone, who applied within the Los Angeles District Office, made an InfoPass recently? Any advice from someone who has would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
-Jedi.Knight

still no oath appointment

I had an infopass on 12/6. I passed my interview on 10/3. The IO told me my case is pending review. He said they are behind and told me to go back for another infopass if I still have not received the oath appointment in another 30 days. He said all the background checks for me were done. They are just waiting for the work of the officer to be reviewed...

I had an infopass on 12/6. I passed my interview on 10/3. The IO told me my case is pending review. He said they are behind and told me to go back for another infopass if I still have not received the oath appointment in another 30 days. He said all the background checks for me were done. They are just waiting for the work of the officer to be reviewed...

Oh great....so not only have they slowed down the normal process to a crawl but they have also added new steps in that process :rolleyes:

Just wondering, why some ppl get thier oath letter right after the interview, and others wait for Oath letter, why some cases get reviewed even after the interview .... anyone has a clue ?:confused:

Just wondering, why some ppl get thier oath letter right after the interview, and others wait for Oath letter, why some cases get reviewed even after the interview .... anyone has a clue ?:confused:

I tend to speculate that if a scheduled oath is upcoming soon, they hand out the notice on the spot until the planned capacity is filled up to avoid possible delay/loss in the mail transit.

Last edited by a moderator:
wait after interview

I don't think name check pending applies to my case, since the IO has reassured me all the background checks had been done priored to the interview. Other posters have also expressed that uscis is now only scheduling interviews after name check has cleared.

I also speculate that since the next oath is on 12/20, the local office is trying to fit as many people in as possible. I hope once 12/20 has passed, they would resume sending out oath notices to the forgotten people like me.

Had an infopass appointment today. The immigraiton officer says that my background check has just finished and my name has been added to the queue to schedule an appointment. Anywhere between 1-2 months.

PD 4/16/07
FP 5/24/07

I don't think name check pending applies to my case, since the IO has reassured me all the background checks had been done priored to the interview. Other posters have also expressed that uscis is now only scheduling interviews after name check has cleared.

I also speculate that since the next oath is on 12/20, the local office is trying to fit as many people in as possible. I hope once 12/20 has passed, they would resume sending out oath notices to the forgotten people like me.

How do u know when the next Oath ceremony will be? i check the La convention center site , and it shows the next Oath (after 12/20) is 2/21, which means none for Jan., can anyone confirm that?

Just received my interview letter.

Timeline: N-400
04/09/2007: Application mailed, 04/16/07 PD
04/xx/2007: Check cleared
05/07/2007: FP notification received
05/24/2007: FP done (walk-in) @Santa Ana ASC
12/20/2007: Interview letter received w/ 02/01/08 AD

I received a response from Service Request and it says my case is still pending for FBI background check and they even sent me a copy of the first notice that I received after I filed in January 30,2007, reminding me (by highlighting) that the case will take about 425 days to process!

Today I received my oatletter on 01/18/2008.

I just want to share my interview experience at santaAna, they took me 10 min to completed the interview process and hand over the result paper. she said oath letter sending latter by mail.

Interview result: handover test passed form with out oath letter

Gere is my entire process timelines...

Sent: 05/24/2007
Prioirty Date: 5/25/2007
Notify Date: 06/04/2007 (check cashed)
Finger print Notice received:06/12/2007 (Today)
Finger Print Date: 06/22/2007 (Gardena, CIS)
Finger Print CompletionDt: 06/14/2007 ( went to local office ahead and finish the finger print process).
interview schedule date:12/03/2007
Received OathLetter: 01/18/2008

Just received my interview letter.

Timeline: N-400
04/09/2007: Application mailed, 04/16/07 PD
04/xx/2007: Check cleared
05/07/2007: FP notification received
05/24/2007: FP done (walk-in) @Santa Ana ASC
12/20/2007: Interview letter received w/ 02/01/08 AD

ranapratap12, Congratulations and Good luck

Question to ALL

I miss placed the booklet that they give us when we did our fingerprints:confused:... does anyone know if i can get this booklet online or if i go back to the fingerprints office would they give me another one????:(
or if anyone has it in PDF!!!