Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

InfoPass

i had an Infopass today to check the status on my case. it was at downtown LA. after i talked to the officer he took the notice and asked me to have a seat and few minutes later he called me and told me that my case as many others is waiting for it's turn to get the interview letters, he also added that because of the rate change that happened in July they have a big backlog!!!. i also asked him if my case cleared the name check ... after he looked at his computer for few seconds he said ..."long time ago"!, he even gave me a paper that has my case # on it and wrote on it that my case is waiting for the interview letter. I was a little happy to know that i am just waiting for my turn lie everyone else!:D

Very Reassuring!

Hi ninim2200,

This is very reassuring! Thanks for posting this. There's a long way to go. Hope you get your IL soon!

The Force Is With You!
-jedi.knight

To all - I have Just been informed by USCIS agent , for all in LA waiting for thier Interview letter, they are currently processing March 13th priority date, so hang tight :)

Hi ninim2200,

This is very reassuring! Thanks for posting this. There's a long way to go. Hope you get your IL soon!

The Force Is With You!
-jedi.knight

I called the mis-information line yesterday to get this info. Unfortunately I got one of those passive aggressive IOs on the phone who said (to my question "Has the name check cleared and am I just waiting for my IL?) "our system doesn't show that". Well apparently he's either ignorant or lieing since the last IO I spoke to on that line told me at the time everything had cleared other than my name check which was being processed.

I'm going to try and call back in the next few days and hopefully get the other type of IO (which I have previously had) who is actually helpful and doesn't have a chip on their shoulder.

It seems that if the name check hasn't cleared in a couple of months, there's a good chance that you get stuck in the name check stage. And I would rather know that I am or if I am cleared and simply waiting for my IL. I don't think that's too much to ask for. And it will greatly affect my plans for Q1 in 2008 re travel.

It depends what office in california you are talking about... San fransisco office is much faster than San Jose and san Jose is faster than Los angeles.
Los angeles is slower than San Ana, not all offices are equal!!!!!

ninim2200 .. i totally agree .. we both are in almost same boat, i'm only one day later 4/18 and my office is Los angeles , i have an infopass on Friday to get some more details on where is the hold up

Looks like CSC is moving a bit faster than the others. How long do you think the name check is taking for CSC filers?

Looks like CSC is moving a bit faster than the others. How long do you think the name check is taking for CSC filers?

Unlikely - CSC takes longer nowadays, i'm still waiting for my interview
04/18/07: Appl. Rc'd-Priority Date
05/18/07: FP Date-LA CA
00/00/00: IL Rc'd
00/00/00: IL Date
00/00/00: Interview Result (N652)
00/00/00: N. Oath (N445)
00/00/00: Oath Ceremony Date
00/00/00: PP Appl.
00/00/00: VR
00/00/00: PP Rc'd

I called the USCIS 800 info (sic) line again today. Luckily got a IO without attitude. She did some checking and said the system showed me as "in queue for scheduling". I asked whether Name Check had cleared. She said it wasn't clear but "usually you're only placed in queue for scheduling once the name check clears".

So I am holding on to a ray of hope that Name Check has actually cleared, although not altogether certain.

Jedi, you may be interested since we had FP on the same day ;)

I called the USCIS 800 info (sic) line again today. Luckily got a IO without attitude. She did some checking and said the system showed me as "in queue for scheduling". I asked whether Name Check had cleared. She said it wasn't clear but "usually you're only placed in queue for scheduling once the name check clears".

So I am holding on to a ray of hope that Name Check has actually cleared, although not altogether certain.

You filed application in mid July and are worried about name check delay? You should consider yourself fortunate that you have gotten to this point with no delays yet. Some who have filed just 2 weeks after you are still waiting for their checks to be cashed.

You filed application in mid July and are worried about name check delay? You should consider yourself fortunate that you have gotten to this point with no delays yet. Some who have filed just 2 weeks after you are still waiting for their checks to be cashed.

Yeah I know - that's why I was eager to send mine in ASAP after my eligibility date.

Although normally N400s are not time sensitive I have a deadline due to personal circumstances which is making me concerned.

Some of us like to know if we passed name check or not, nothing wrong with that, it is a grand obstacle in this process, so when name check is cleared one can rest better. I filed in the last days of July and have checked with 800# already as well. I started a thread "Name check and interview", like I said it is just peace of mind.

Some of us like to know if we passed name check or not, nothing wrong with that, it is a grand obstacle in this process, so when name check is cleared one can rest better. I filed in the last days of July and have checked with 800# already as well. I started a thread "Name check and interview", like I said it is just peace of mind.

Considering that processing times will increase from average of 7 month to 9-12+ months very soon I think you need to prepare yourself (and circumstance) for a longer overall processing time, rather than focus on the possibility of a name check delay at this stage in the game. There's not much you can do if your file is stuck in name check for less than 1 year (apart from writing politicians and contacting USCIS for regular updates which won't have overall effect on the processing of your case).

bobsmyth

I get what your saying, I am expecting a long processing time for sure, and I know there is nothing I could do if I am stuck in name check, but like I said "peace of mind" if I call and find out that I have cleared name check I will at least know I am waiting, long as it may be, for interview and not my name to clear, sure they could happen simultaneously, but I think you can get my drift.

Good Luck wael megid. keep us posted.

So .. i had my infopass last Friday, got a cooperative officer, told me i'm on track, should expect my Iterview letter, somtime in DEC, and the interview itself , sometime in January, the intertsting part is, when she explained, why some ppl take longer than others,- assuming no name check issues ..etc - basically coz some files go to Laguna office, and they get delayed, while others go directly to the LA office 'downtown LA', and they get faster processing

Good luck to all

04/18/07: Appl. Rc'd-Priority Date
05/18/07: FP Date-LA CA
00/00/00: IL Rc'd
00/00/00: IL Date
00/00/00: Interview Result (N652)
00/00/00: N. Oath (N445)
00/00/00: Oath Ceremony Date
00/00/00: PP Appl.
00/00/00: VR
00/00/00: PP Rc'd