Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

I don't know if this information is true or not, but I was just told by a friend who works for a law office, that all of the interview will be held at LA downtown district office, there's no other sub-office will held natualization interview around LA area, anybody heard anything about this?

Citizenship interview at Los Angeles

All :

With great joy and pride I can say that I made it through the citizenship journey today.:)

I had the interview scheduled for 7.45 am at the Federal building today.
Parked the car in the parking garage just opposite the front entrance of the building.(for 13.20$). The parking garage is underneath the shopping area called Los Angeles Mall which has several small restaurants, a CVS pharmacy and a bookstore.I found out later as we were driving ,that there are parking spots for 6 $ just 2 blocks away (Los Angeles St and 3 rd street) so if you want to save about 7.20$ and you don’t mind some walking it is a good idea!
Reached the building around 6:45 am and waited in line. We got into the building at about 7 am, cleared security quickly and made it to the 6th floor where the citizenship interview is held. Important item to note is that your spouse or friend can accompany you all the way till the interview hall. Thought I should post that as it helps people make decisions on logistics as it did for me and my husband.Also cell phones is fine at this location.

Waited for about 30 minutes in the hall and I was called in promptly (at my interview time) and was led into the interview room.
After taking the oath of speaking the truth, the interviewer went through the entire application to confirm the information. As I had traveled after applying, I had an updated sheet for her (thanks to this forum for that!). She appreciated that and jotted down the information on the original application.

Then she asked me 10 questions all from the sample questions.
1] Who is the chief justice of the Supreme Court? A- John Roberts
2] How long do we elect a member of the house of representative ?
3] 3 braches of the government ?
4] Color of the stars on the flag ?
5] Why did the pilgrims come to America?
6] Who becomes the president if the president dies? And so on…

She also asked me to read and write a sentence.With that done, she congratulated me and said I had passed.

The interview took about 15 minutes in total.

After that another piece of good news. She told me that if I waited for 2 hours I could collect my oath letter !! That was music to my ears.So collected my Oath letter and I am happy to say that my oath ceremony is on the 20 th Dec 2007 at LACC.

I would like to thank the forum for their help .!Will hang on this forum if you have questions.

Thanks and good luck all !

Hi all,

My timeline so far is as followed

03/07/07 Priority Date
04/04/07 Fingerprint Date
09/09/07 Received Interview Notice
10/03/07 Interview Date (LA downtown, recommened for approval)
?/?/? Receive Oath Letter
?/?/? Oath Date

I still have not received my oath appointment letter yet. I know someone who had her interview on 10/10/07 at same location. Her oath appointment for 12/20/07 was received on 11/06/2007. Seeing Lacitizen's post about appointment letter being handed out at the office on the interview day made me nervous. I am just wondering if any one else who has passed their interview is still waiting for their oath appointment letter.

Thanks!

Thank You!

All :

With great joy and pride I can say that I made it through the citizenship journey today.:)

I had the interview scheduled for 7.45 am at the Federal building today.
Parked the car in the parking garage just opposite the front entrance of the building.(for 13.20$). .................................................................................................Thanks and good luck all !

Congratualtions lacitizen. Thanks for the detailed post.

So .. i had my infopass last Friday, got a cooperative officer, told me i'm on track, should expect my Iterview letter, somtime in DEC, and the interview itself , sometime in January, the intertsting part is, when she explained, why some ppl take longer than others,- assuming no name check issues ..etc - basically coz some files go to Laguna office, and they get delayed, while others go directly to the LA office 'downtown LA', and they get faster processing

Good luck to all

04/18/07: Appl. Rc'd-Priority Date
05/18/07: FP Date-LA CA
00/00/00: IL Rc'd
00/00/00: IL Date
00/00/00: Interview Result (N652)
00/00/00: N. Oath (N445)
00/00/00: Oath Ceremony Date
00/00/00: PP Appl.
00/00/00: VR
00/00/00: PP Rc'd

Wael, I am in LA Downtown and in the same boat like you!!!!

Wael, I am in LA Downtown and in the same boat like you!!!!

Ninim2200 ..Great news ..:) just got my IL today (you probably got it too or within this week) ... it is scheduled for Fri Jan 11th @ 3:15 PM

I'm not sure if it is true, that u can also get the OAth date if u waited couple of HRs, since my appmt is late afternoon, hope this is true

take care

PD 4/18
FP 5/18
IL recvd 11/28
Interview schedled 1/11

Ninim2200 ..Great news ..:) just got my IL today (you probably got it too or within this week) ... it is scheduled for Fri Jan 11th @ 3:15 PM

I'm not sure if it is true, that u can also get the OAth date if u waited couple of HRs, since my appmt is late afternoon, hope this is true

take care

PD 4/18
FP 5/18
IL recvd 11/28
Interview schedled 1/11
Congratulation Wael mejid.. good luck!!!! keep us posted.
I received my IL Letter today :D:eek::D:cool: for an appointment in January 23rd 11:00 am. Now i have to find that book and study it:D:D:D

Congrats to all of you getting those interview letters, it is nice to see some work in progress! Good luck to all of you and keep us posted. I am not "waiting" for mine yet, definitely not expecting it until March or so.

Could you guys share some Case number here please? except the last three digit.

Thank you for the help. I am trying to figure how long we have to wait for reciept.

Cheers

Nimche-

I know how hard it is to wait, especially with a spouse overseas. Since you have a check cashed you can look at the numbers they printed on the back and that is your receipt number, give or take a couple of numbers. You should search the threads to find out exactly how to decode the numbers to come up with your receipt number, or start a new thread and ask, there are many people on this board who know this. Once you have yours you can either call or check your status online. Sorry I could not help more.

Congratulation Wael mejid.. good luck!!!! keep us posted.
I received my IL Letter today :D:eek::D:cool: for an appointment in January 23rd 11:00 am. Now i have to find that book and study it:D:D:D

Yeah good news :) ... i was wondering about the 'oath letter', and whether we can wait for a couple of HRs after the interview, and get it, instead of leaving without it, but i see some ppl get it on Interview day amd some wait , hopefully we can get it same day

1/30/07 Recipt notice with Priority Date
2/16/07 Fingerprint date in El Monte
???? Been waiting for interview letter since 2/16/07

I mailed mine on 9/24/2007, no notice so far.

Filing Status : N-400 Filed

09/24/2007 : Mailed to CSC
11/01/2007 : Check cashed (date USCIS endorsed my check)
xx/xx/xxxx : Notice Date
xx/xx/xxxx : NOA received ( I-797C)
xx/xx/xxxx : PD
??? : FP ND
??? : FP Appt
??? : FP Done
??? : Interview ND
??? : Interview DATE
??? : Oath Completed
??? : Applied N-600 and Expedited Passport
??? : Passport received

1/30/07 Recipt notice with Priority Date
2/16/07 Fingerprint date in El Monte
???? Been waiting for interview letter since 2/16/07

Shopgirl. I would go and do infopass and check where the case is.
I did that myself before i got my letter and they informed me that i was waiting for my turn and that my case cleared the name check. check it out, there is nothing to lose.

Yeah good news :) ... i was wondering about the 'oath letter', and whether we can wait for a couple of HRs after the interview, and get it, instead of leaving without it, but i see some ppl get it on Interview day amd some wait , hopefully we can get it same day

I am hoping we can get it in the same day, i will ask them if that is an option, still i have to pass the exam.....:( i hate exams. I took enough already, after this one there will be no more exams....:D:cool::)

I just want to share my interview experience at santaAna, they took me 10 min to completed the interview process and hand over the result paper. she said oath letter sending latter by mail.

received interview schedule date 12/03/2007

Sent: 05/24/2007
Prioirty Date: 5/25/2007
Notify Date: 06/04/2007 (check cashed)
Finger print Notice received:06/12/2007 (Today)
Finger Print Date: 06/22/2007 (Gardena, CIS)
Finger Print CompletionDt: 06/14/2007 ( went to local office ahead and finish the finger print process).
interview schedule date:12/03/2007

Interview result: handover test passed form with out oath letter

I called USCIS on 12/3/07 Monday and the rep was surprised I have not become a citizen yet!! so he did a service request for me and should be receiving a letter some time in January. Should I do an info pass again?? I did one in September and of course, the status is : Pending for FBI Name Check.
I also traveled in November and when I was at LAX immigration, the officer was also surprised that I have not received my interview letter after filing in January 07. He wished me GOOD LUCK... yeah, I guess LUCK is all that I need.