Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Farsez,
I received my IL today!!! My interview is on November 12th at 10:00AM... :)

Hi iluvfra
congurats. to you.Didnt i tel you that you will receive soon :)
was your applicatin based on 5 year rule or 3 years rule being married to us citizen?

congratulations to those who have received their interview letters...

i've been observing this forum for a while and have gained a lot of helpful information...

i just want to share my timeline as well... my interview is also on nov. 12!

Question: since we will have a choice between the new and old test, which one will you guys choose?

PD: June 19, 2008
FP: July 10, 2008
IL: September 20, 2008
Interview: November 12th, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure which booklet was given to me at the FP Center on July 1, 08. How do I know what I am studying??? :)

Congrats, Sunland21. What time is your interview. Our (wife and I) interview is at 11:00 am?

I am not sure which booklet was given to me at the FP Center on July 1, 08. How do I know what I am studying??? :)

Since you applied before October 1st, and interview is after October 1st you'll have choice of what exam to take. The questions for both exams are on the uscis website.

Bobsmyth,
The "Learn about the United States Quick Civics Lessons" guide on my desk (M-638 (rev. 08/06) is probably the old set of questions - right?

I threw the envelope away.... :(

However, I think the return address was Laguna Niguel (CSC). The letter only gives the L.A. D.O. information.... "Please come to: Los Angeles Field Office, 300 N Los Angeles Street, Room 6510, Los Angeles, CA 90012."

Hope this helps.

I threw the envelope away.... :(

However, I think the return address was Laguna Niguel (CSC). The letter only gives the L.A. D.O. information.... "Please come to: Los Angeles Field Office, 300 N Los Angeles Street, Room 6510, Los Angeles, CA 90012."

Hope this helps.

ILs always come from the service center and OLs come from the DO.

sunland 21,
I double checked - our (wife and myself) interviews are also at 10:00 am! :) Well, maybe we'll run into each other. Good luck to you also...

Thanks, Vorpal that's what I thought.... How long does it currently take to be scheduled for the oath?

Thanks, Vorpal that's what I thought.... How long does it currently take to be scheduled for the oath?

Oath scheduling varies by DO. Check the recent LA oath trends in this thread, it should give you an idea of how long you'll have to wait.

Oath scheduling varies by DO. Check the recent LA oath trends in this thread, it should give you an idea of how long you'll have to wait.

Actually, my oath letter came from the CSC in Laguna Niguel. Maybe that's because I am Santa Ana and the oath is for people from Orange County, Riverside County as well as those within the LA DO jurisdiction.

In any event, they are through the backlog now, or will be shortly. There is another huge oath ceremony tomorrow, with 18,000 citizens being sworn in. There are 54,000 new citizens this month alone in the So. Cal region. When you consider the active drive to register these people to vote at the oath ceremonies, that's a lot of new voters in this region...