Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Can someone explain are "Certificate of Naturalization" and "Certificate of Citizenship" different or the same?

I came across these two terms recently.

Can someone explain are "Certificate of Naturalization" and "Certificate of Citizenship" different or the same?

I came across these two terms recently.

Certificate of naturalization (N-570) is used to prove citizenship obtained through naturalization.

Certificate of citizenship (N-600) is used to prove citizenship granted through parentage.

Oath invitation in 3-4 months ?

Hi,

I appeared for the interview today. Went pretty smooth. The only surprise was that she said that you should receive oath invitation in 3-4 months!

This is weird because I thought the whole reason for expediting interviews was so that we could vote in November.

Anyone else out there who appeared for interview this week and were given a time frame for oath invitation letter ?

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------
N-400 Timeline (CSC - Los Angeles)

PD: March 20, 2008
FP: April 15, 2008
IL: August 20, 2008
IL: Received another interview later on Sep 1. New ID: Sep 17
ID: September 17,2008 (Recommended for approval)
OD: Waiting

What should I expect next?

Folks,
Few weeks ago, I applied my N-400 application to the California Service Center. Today, I received the NOA which, states that my application has been transferred to the USCIS National Benefits Center in order to assist with the processing……
I will be notified of the date and place of my interview ……by the local USCIS office. I should expect to be notified within 425 days of this notice.

My question is, what should I expect next and when can I expect my interview?

Thanks

----------------------------------------------
N- 400 Timeline
Application mailed Sep 9, 2008
Application received by CSC: Sep 10, 2008
CC: Sep 15, 2008
NOA received: Sep 17, 2008

Hello ddoubles,
My ceremony falls on the same day, same place.

I am also going thru my middle and last name change. My understanding is, the certificate will show the new name. I am supposed to get a 'notice' with court seal, approving the name change. I am not sure, if I will get that on the same day. But, since the ceremony itself is a court-activity, I believe, I should get it the same day. (can someone confirm this?)

If it isn't, I believe any correction could be requested at the same day/ same place, with no extra charge.

What I gather is, name changes are quite common during naturalization, so mistakes rarely happen.
You are correct. Any changes that are required can be made the day of your oath as they have a "Corrections" Table set up. Be sure to double check your paperwork before you leave since it will cost more and take more time once you walk out. Also, the ceremonies are hectic - lots of people, lots of walking and standing in line so be sure to keep all your stuff with you at all times, and keep track of it (GC, letter, natz certificate etc etc). One woman lost her certificate at our ceremony, and you don't want that to happen. You will be able to apply for a passport at the oath ceremony if you wish. I chose not to simply because I wanted to make a copy of the certificate before the post office took it away from me. Lines can be quite long, but were not bad at my ceremony. Advise you to get there earlier (better seat and first dismissed) if you want to apply for a passport at the ceremony.

Hi,

I appeared for the interview today. Went pretty smooth. The only surprise was that she said that you should receive oath invitation in 3-4 months!

This is weird because I thought the whole reason for expediting interviews was so that we could vote in November.

Anyone else out there who appeared for interview this week and were given a time frame for oath invitation letter ?

Thanks

N-400 Timeline (CSC - Los Angeles)

PD: March 20, 2008
FP: April 15, 2008
IL: August 20, 2008
IL: Received another interview later on Sep 1. New ID: Sep 17
ID: September 17,2008 (Recommended for approval)
OD: Waiting
They told me the same thing: oath letter within 90 days. In reality, it took 30 days and was even faster for my wife. I think you should plan on getting your oath letter in 30 - 45 days. If you check this forum, there is a link to the LA Natz Ceremonies schedule (or you can google it). From that schedule, you will be able to see the upcoming oaths and approaximate when you get your letter (seems to be mailed about 4 weeks prior to ceremony). Good luck, and hang in there...hard part is over, and you're almost there!

Folks,
Few weeks ago, I applied my N-400 application to the California Service Center. Today, I received the NOA which, states that my application has been transferred to the USCIS National Benefits Center in order to assist with the processing……
I will be notified of the date and place of my interview ……by the local USCIS office. I should expect to be notified within 425 days of this notice.

My question is, what should I expect next and when can I expect my interview?

Thanks

----------------------------------------------
N- 400 Timeline
Application mailed Sep 9, 2008
Application received by CSC: Sep 10, 2008
CC: Sep 15, 2008
NOA received: Sep 17, 2008

Next thing that happens is you get a letter in the mail advising you of time and place to appear for fingerprinting. Once you do this, and background checks clear, you will be called for an interview. They seem to have cleared the backlog, so my guess is you will have an interview letter by December and finished with this process within 6 months of applying (probably Jan / Feb 2009).

Congratulations!

Congratulations Jedi.knight!

This LA thread is super quiet. So unlike LA. I'm missing all the activity. Interview letters, anyone??? I want to hear your stories...

They told me the same thing: oath letter within 90 days. In reality, it took 30 days and was even faster for my wife. I think you should plan on getting your oath letter in 30 - 45 days. If you check this forum, there is a link to the LA Natz Ceremonies schedule (or you can google it). From that schedule, you will be able to see the upcoming oaths and approaximate when you get your letter (seems to be mailed about 4 weeks prior to ceremony). Good luck, and hang in there...hard part is over, and you're almost there!

My husband interviewed Aug. 17 and we are still waiting on his oath letter. Lots of people have gotten them within a couple of weeks, but I guess it just depends....

Congrats farsez. I'm still waiting for my interview letter. Not sure why it has taken so long. I'm thinking of filing a WOM law suit.

Last edited by a moderator:
i recently passed my interview on August 18, 2008...i wonder if anyone knows if how long do i have to wait??? and while waiting for it, can you actually step out of the country while waiting for the date??...please help me...i have my wife and kid in the philippines...so i was wondering if i can travel while waiting for my letter date?? thank you very much...

Congratulations! Please post your timeline. Thanks!

Farsez,
That's great news - congerats! My pd is 6/19/08 so I am hopeful the IL will come soon... Man, I am happy for you - all the best for 11/10.

Congrats farsez. I'm still waiting for my interview letter. Not sure why it has taken so long. I'm thinking of filing a WOM law suit.

Thanks a lot.Yet I am realy sorry for your case.I can see your feelings.
When I was on green card process i waited 3 years to receive my first green card and i went through two interviews.This was based on being married to my wife us citizen.but be paitent

Farsez,
That's great news - congerats! My pd is 6/19/08 so I am hopeful the IL will come soon... Man, I am happy for you - all the best for 11/10.
thank you iluvfra
i think you will receive by end of this month or beginning of next month.
it is going very smooth so far.