Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

I was called by IO that my Oath Day was called off on Fri 26th Sep 08

Just received my N-445.

Details:
LA Sports Arena in California
Sep 26th, 3:30pm

Odd:
- Letter was not in the 'usual' green, thick paper. It was on plain white paper. On top, it says "OMB No. 1615-0054; Expires 06/30/07". My interpretation is, to expedite, someone in USCIS printed an old N-445 pdf perhaps from the website and printed the details on that.

In the you must bring items it is mentioned:
--- This letter [checkbox is checked]
--- Permanent Resident Card [NOT CHECKED, interestingly...]
--- Reentry Permit [checked, not applicable to me, I suppose]
--- Any immigration docs... [checked, not applicable, but I am going to lug around my H1B and PR documents anwyay]
--- If application for child ....[checked, not applicable to me]
--- other [checked, I suppose this is open for interpretation]

It also says, "Proper attire should be worn", hmmm.

Obviously, I am very excited.

My naturalization process was smooth (passed interview test, got approved, rec'd N 445 so on...) and I got shocked as I was called by IO on yesterday 24th Sep that I dont need to come on my Oath Day 9/26/08...I asked and she said I will be receiving the letter. Does anyone get a call like me?

Many thanks

I just applied for N400, now the wait will start... Wanna take trips in couple of months, guess have to change that idea, hopefully this case will run smoothly.

09/16/08: Mail Date
09/17/08: PD
09/18/08: Check Cashed
09/19/08: NOA

Hi guys
I have one concern
our apartmend leaes includes only
my name "not both I an my wife " name on the lease.Do you think taha would create a problem.

Hi guys
I have one concern
our apartmend leaes includes only
my name "not both I an my wife " name on the lease.Do you think taha would create a problem.

I don't think it matters, did you submit the 3 yrs tax return? Because if you guys have 3 years tax return together, you don't have to submit any leasing papers

Progress in my case : Case Approved

Here is my time line (N-400, DO : Los Angeles, CA) :

17-JAN-2008 : Application mailed (after 4 years and 9 months of GC)
18-JAN-2008 : Application delivered at CSC
18-JAN-2008 : Priority Date
23-JAN-2008 : Notice Date
15-FEB-2008 : Finger Printing Date
15-JUL-2008 : Notice Date for Interview letter
24-SEP-2008 : Interview Date and Case Approved.
Now waiting for Oath letter.
WSC*002106XXX

Your WSC#

Hi iluvfra!

I hate to bother you with my questions. I'm just curious what your WSC number's first five digits were? I wanted to get an estimate of how many applicants applied after you to my date. My WSC# is WSC*002171XXX. I applied about 20 days after you did.

Thanks a lot!

My naturalization process was smooth (passed interview test, got approved, rec'd N 445 so on...) and I got shocked as I was called by IO on yesterday 24th Sep that I dont need to come on my Oath Day 9/26/08...I asked and she said I will be receiving the letter. Does anyone get a call like me?

Many thanks
Well, that is certainly weird. My oath letter was printed on just regular paper as well. I wonder what would happen if you just showed up at the oath anyway? They would certainly allow you to check in, check your appointment letter and take your GC. You would then sit down and take the oath. The problem would arise if you didn't get your certificate. Then you would not have a GC, nor would you have a natz certificate. If you do go to the oath ceremony, make sure you tell them what happened when you check in. They will send you to another table (where you will collect your certificate) and then they can check if yours is ready. If it is - great. If not, go home and make an Infopass appointment.

Hi iluvfra!

I hate to bother you with my questions. I'm just curious what your WSC number's first five digits were? I wanted to get an estimate of how many applicants applied after you to my date. My WSC# is WSC*002171XXX. I applied about 20 days after you did.

Thanks a lot!

hi there,
I just filed my N400 a week ago with CSC, my WSC is WSC*002199XXX
since you applied @ the end of July, I figured that only around 28, 000 people applied during 1.5 months. Don't know if that's is normal or not. Sounds less volume to me~~ Hopefully our cases will run smoothly.
:D
Edit/Delete Message

Last edited by a moderator:
hi there,
I just filed my N400 a week ago with CSC, my WSC is WSC*002199XXX
since you applied @ the end of July, I figured that only around 28, 000 people applied during 1.5 months. Don't know if that's is normal or not. Sounds less volume to me~~ Hopefully our cases will run smoothly.
:D

That is low volume. That's just about 2880 per week, if my math is correct. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi Sirch320,
When i received the NOA, it says: You should expect to be notified with 425 days of this notice. That's over a year.* Faint*
Did yor NOA state that your case has been transferred to National benefits center?

thanks

Same with mine

hi Sirch320,
When i received the NOA, it says: You should expect to be notified with 425 days of this notice. That's over a year.* Faint*
Did yor NOA state that your case has been transferred to National benefits center?

thanks
______

Yes, mine said exactly the same thing and it was also transferred to NBC. I also received the yellow letter from NBC regarding "Case file review and document check list" a few days after fingerprinting. From what I see, the 425 days is a conservative estimate to give them time to process name checks. I just hope I don't get stuck in name check.

it took my cousin 2 years to get her citizenship, stuck in the name check. :eek:Asian names are too common. Sigh..... Hopefully I will not have the same odd situation, I still want to travel in winter.....Sigh.....

hi Sirch320,

thanks
______

Yes, mine said exactly the same thing and it was also transferred to NBC. I also received the yellow letter from NBC regarding "Case file review and document check list" a few days after fingerprinting. From what I see, the 425 days is a conservative estimate to give them time to process name checks. I just hope I don't get stuck in name check.

Bad Day/Sad Day in LA

We had looked forward to the interview for so long and when it finally came on Wednesday 9/24, no decision was made. Manlika was not denied but was not approved. The problem was her trips out of country. She had attended a citizenship class at a community college and they had advised her how to calculate her times out by counting every month as 30 days. I had already calculated it and my figure was 20 or 21 days more than the CC method. Well the IO also calculated it and he came up with my figure. I don't know, maybe that raised a red flag or something, like she was trying to put something over on CIS. I wish now that I had insisted on using the higher figure. She was out borderline 6 months. We visited her country and at the time did not know about the six month rule. Our fault, no doubt about it. Anyway her mother became ill and she stayed to help out and I came home. Soon after that I learned of the 6 month rule and told her to get on the next flight home and she got back a few days shy of 180 days. In addition to that trip she also traveled out on three other occasions, but by my count has been out of country less than 18 months. The IO could not figure out all the date stamps in her passport, which is understandable, so he made copies and I guess he is going to review the dates. He told her she would receive a letter from him in one week. I hope so. It is not fun to be in limbo. The form he gave her states that one can inquire about the status after 120 days.

Anybody know of anyone else who had this situation?

Bad Day/Sad Day in LA

We had looked forward to the interview for so long and when it finally came on Wednesday 9/24, no decision was made. Manlika was not denied but was not approved. The problem was her trips out of country. She had attended a citizenship class at a community college and they had advised her how to calculate her times out by counting every month as 30 days. I had already calculated it and my figure was 20 or 21 days more than the CC method. Well the IO also calculated it and he came up with my figure. I don't know, maybe that raised a red flag or something, like she was trying to put something over on CIS. I wish now that I had insisted on using the higher figure. She was out borderline 6 months. We visited her country and at the time did not know about the six month rule. Our fault, no doubt about it. Anyway her mother became ill and she stayed to help out and I came home. Soon after that I learned of the 6 month rule and told her to get on the next flight home and she got back a few days shy of 180 days. In addition to that trip she also traveled out on three other occasions, but by my count has been out of country less than 18 months. The IO could not figure out all the date stamps in her passport, which is understandable, so he made copies and I guess he is going to review the dates. He told her she would receive a letter from him in one week. I hope so. It is not fun to be in limbo. The form he gave her states that one can inquire about the status after 120 days.

Anybody know of anyone else who had this situation?

I had to wrap my brain to figure out your situation too. it says in the guideline, if anytime you travel outside the states for over 6 months, the previous years that you have stayed in for over 6 months/year will be trashed and started all over again

iluvfra:
Your FP finished so quickly. When did you get the FP notice after you received the NOA?
Thanks