• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

List of documents required for GC

if ur case number is under 1000 it means ur either going to be disqualified or qualified in the next few months :)) and if u're qualified for the visa, u will have to run your *** to the USA asap in the next 6months.

hi brothers should we fill up exactly the form which we got in the white envelope or we can download the same edition of form from state department website and print all the answers and send it to kcc. plz answer.

well then you wont get the visa i am afraid.
The flat is money you owe on actually, not money you have - i assume it has a mortgage.

If you do not have a job offer or affidavit of support then you will need to show you have at least $14000 in your bank account.
And also will need to show that this has been consistent and not just thrown in a few weeks before the interview.

If you don't then they most likely will not issue the visa

By the way, you should have rang KCC this week and they will give you the date of the interview. And yes, you will need the 2nd NL at the interview to even get into the building. Id say it will be in april.

When you say "Number current" or "CN Current" what does that mean.

HI guys,
my interview is very soon and my second notification letter indicate that i have to submit:

1. Checklist for Immigrant Visa Applicants( please ensure that the address and phone # that you list on this form is complete and accurate.).

i am wondering what they mean by the "Checklist for Immigrant Visa Applicants"

thanks for your help

HI guys,
my interview is very soon and my second notification letter indicate that i have to submit:

1. Checklist for Immigrant Visa Applicants( please ensure that the address and phone # that you list on this form is complete and accurate.).

i am wondering what they mean by the "Checklist for Immigrant Visa Applicants"

thanks for your help

"Checklist for Immigrant Visa Applicants"

These are the documents required to Process the DV Lottery Visa

1.Birth Certificate (original photocopy, if not English with translation)
2.Police Certificate (original photocopy, if not English with translation)
3.Passport
4.Deportation Papers
5.Court and Prison Record
6.Military Record
7.Marriage Certificate
8.Termination of Prior Marriages
9.Translations
10.Evidence of required education or work experience
11. Photocopies of the above documents

hi guys, i got my dv 2010 nl, my middle name in my high school certificate was spelt wrongly (a letter in the middle), but my uni. certificate is spelt right, do i have to change it and what if i didnt.
thanxs yall

hi guys, i got my dv 2010 nl, my middle name in my high school certificate was spelt wrongly (a letter in the middle), but my uni. certificate is spelt right, do i have to change it and what if i didnt.
thanxs yall

If it's possible get it changed on the best chance you get. If not, I think you've to explain them if asked on interview. I strongly advice to bring other documents together with yourself to prove the real spelling of your name.

another advice, just ask your high school to give you a certificate showing your name's straight spelling on it.

If it's possible get it changed on the best chance you get. If not, I think you've to explain them if asked on interview. I strongly advice to bring other documents together with yourself to prove the real spelling of your name.

another advice, just ask your high school to give you a certificate showing your name's straight spelling on it.

thanx alot man:D

Proof of education...

Hi all,

this might be a stupid question but...

To prove your level of education, is a ""transcript of results" good enough i.e. a letter from the college list your courses, subjects and grades.

Do you also need the parchments that they give out at the graduation ceremony?

thanks,

Brendan.

Police Certs

Does anyone have any experience of obtaining Police Certificates from Belgium (extrait de casiere judicaire). I have found and followed instructions as given on travel.state.gov. I have sent a wriiten request as well as copy of my Belgian ID Card by registered mail on June 1. Should I just be patient or should I follow up?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
CN: 2010EU00003***

HI FRIENDS ,
I've done my graduation from pune .India and now I'm back in my country (Bangladesh). Now I need to get a Pcc(Police certificate) from India as I was there for more than 6 months.

But U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE website saying :
“Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants applying outside India.”

Plz check the link: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/re...3582.html#docs

Does that mean that I don’t need a police certificate from India??

Please give me some feedback. Thanks.

HI FRIENDS ,
I've done my graduation from pune .India and now I'm back in my country (Bangladesh). Now I need to get a Pcc(Police certificate) from India as I was there for more than 6 months.

But U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE website saying :
“Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants applying outside India.”

Plz check the link: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/re...3582.html#docs

Does that mean that I don’t need a police certificate from India??

Please give me some feedback. Thanks.

Kindly route this question to KCC asap.

At the USCIS in Florida you can bring your cell phone so that is different than going to the embassy in Europe.

According to the USCIS website the I-134 form is making the person who sponsors you, liable in case you end up with no money and are filing for soc. sec., at which time the US government can sue that sponsor for the money and they will!

So I would never sponsor a stranger and neither will many American's do. this is a society of people sueing each other so nobody in their right mind will sponsor a stranger and risk being sued by the government.

Although my friend is a College student, she has many times over the amount to proof she can be over here without being a risk to the government, but just in case we have the I-134 form ready with all the proof needed.

IMO many people never thought, just like me, that so many things were requested before being able to get the greencard after winning the lotery....I guess that many applications will be denied and many people with proof although having a high number will have a chance to obtain a green card. Specially with the jobless rates so high in the USA, I think they will look extra carefully to avoid new soc. sec. application.
The jobless rate in Florida just raised to over 10% and in California it is even higher.

I also read on forums on which many American's are writing that traveling over here on a greencard and leaving right away and staying away for months, can seriously risk you re entering on that green card....so many wanted to obtain a greencard but with shops closing and homes being foreclosed on and rental prices higher than before, it might be difficult for new DV winners to start a life here.

I don't want to scare any one but just be realistic, times have changed and as some one else described before, life is not cheap over here although many things are cheaper over here than in Europe. Gas is way cheaper but you drive way more since public transportation is completely different and only in the Big Cities available....for the rest you have to drive for almost everything.

Hi all,

this might be a stupid question but...

To prove your level of education, is a ""transcript of results" good enough i.e. a letter from the college list your courses, subjects and grades.

Do you also need the parchments that they give out at the graduation ceremony?

thanks,

Brendan.

Well, I guess its not enough proof. I had brought both transcript and certificate from dean. They didn't even take transcript, even tho I asked.

Does anyone have any experience of obtaining Police Certificates from Belgium (extrait de casiere judicaire). I have found and followed instructions as given on travel.state.gov. I have sent a wriiten request as well as copy of my Belgian ID Card by registered mail on June 1. Should I just be patient or should I follow up?

what does it say in travel.state.gov? how many days does it take to receive it? if it passed the date shown there, just give a call or go there.

"Checklist for Immigrant Visa Applicants"

These are the documents required to Process the DV Lottery Visa

1.Birth Certificate (original photocopy, if not English with translation)
2.Police Certificate (original photocopy, if not English with translation)
3.Passport
4.Deportation Papers
5.Court and Prison Record
6.Military Record
7.Marriage Certificate
8.Termination of Prior Marriages
9.Translations
10.Evidence of required education or work experience
11. Photocopies of the above documents

they don't mention financial support or affidavit ??? is it really necessary ?

greencard application / interview

Hi I received my 1st notification in mid june and on 2nd july KCC received my application for greencard. How will I know when my Case No is current? Is there a need to hire an immigration lawyer?

Thanks to all
Rachel

they don't mention financial support or affidavit ??? is it really necessary ?

Its good to have it. I heard cases where they've not been asked for it. However, they asked it from me.

Hi I received my 1st notification in mid june and on 2nd july KCC received my application for greencard. How will I know when my Case No is current? Is there a need to hire an immigration lawyer?

Thanks to all
Rachel

Check last years statistics, see when was your case number current in past. Try to analysis. This is how i figured out mine.