• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

List of documents required for GC

do everyone have to bring information about poverty when going to interview??

What is information about poverty? If you mean affidavit of support (I-134) from sponsor in the U.S or proof of your own financial assets, then yes, everyone need to have them when going to interview.

Dont mix the terms, normally AOS = Adjustment of Status, which has nothing to do with Affidavit of Support (I-134).

You only need I-134 if you have not enough funds.

The approximate value are the poverty guidelines, which are $14,000 for a 1 person household + $3,600 for each additional member.

none in any personals :x

and nothing is registered over my name, but a flat which costs around 80k can be..

well then you wont get the visa i am afraid.
The flat is money you owe on actually, not money you have - i assume it has a mortgage.

If you do not have a job offer or affidavit of support then you will need to show you have at least $14000 in your bank account.
And also will need to show that this has been consistent and not just thrown in a few weeks before the interview.

If you don't then they most likely will not issue the visa

By the way, you should have rang KCC this week and they will give you the date of the interview. And yes, you will need the 2nd NL at the interview to even get into the building. Id say it will be in april.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say that the proof of financial or the sponsorship letter is subjective in the DV interview. Some people got asked for it and some people don't. It differs from one Consulate to another. I guess they will determine if you needed or not based on your background, education, current job, etc.

It is not listed on the first NL nor the 2nd NL in some countries. When they send out the 2nd NL, sometimes they attach a document requirements sheet besides the letter of appointment. I have seen copies of 2nd NL in the past that mention the financial proof as a required documents and I have seen others NLs that don't. At least on both of my NLs for the interview in Frankfurt, they didn't mention anything about the financial proof. But I will still bring the document anyway just in case they asked.

More than often the Consular will ask for the financial letter/sponsorship letter. It does mentioned in the DV instruction website that you need to proof that you will not become a public charge when you come to the U.S. So, if I were you, I would bring it just in case they asked. If they asked for it and you don't have the letter, it will only delay your application. Most likely they will ask you to come back at a later time and bring it to them. If you failed to provide it, they will deny for visa for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least on both of my NLs for the interview in Frankfurt, they didn't mention anything about the financial proof. But I will still bring the document anyway just in case they asked.
Was the same fur us, and they were satisfied with our bank statements.

still i am not sure if this is required for me or not. i realized that, its individual per consulate to require it or not. because I am just 18, and university student. for the country i am from 14k is pretty high level of poverty line :) so what do you think? should i add 14k to my balance asap??

By the way, you should have rang KCC this week and they will give you the date of the interview. And yes, you will need the 2nd NL at the interview to even get into the building. Id say it will be in april.

my CN(EU19XXX) is current in march according to February bulletin.:D I think i have 20 days to expect 2nd NL to be received since it should be in hand before 4-6weeks of the day of interview.

hallo

i send e-mail to KCC and they give my the day of interview before that i have the 2nd NL.
this is e-mail from KCC

"An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American
Consulate/Embassy of XXXXX on MarchXXX, 2009. A notification letter
was sent to you on January XX, 2009. Please direct any further
questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy."

Case Number 2009AS00011XXX
PA Name: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
date of birth XX.JANUARY.19XX

Perference Category: DV DIVERSITY
Foreigen State Chargeability: XXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir or Madam,

on January 9th my Case number is current on March.

Questions:

1- When is my Interwive date?

2- have you sended 2nl NL to me? if not when can i expect 2nl Letter?

your's
XXXXX