• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

List of documents required for GC

well it was explained before about financial statement of my funds. That I am a student and etc. So, I'll need a balance statement with the most detailed variant.

questions...

questions are on process.

1. if i dont have an american citizen to support me, what are my options? ( affidavit of support (i-134))

2. Tazmani mentioned
la1, I just checked our 2nd letter. I had to read it carefully twice . There is written "The dimension of the facial image must measure about one inch (2,5-3,5 cm) from chin to top of the hair". The picture itself must 2x2 in (5x5 cm).

I don't see it in my 2nd letter, why? I mean the pictures required for medical are 3x4cm (normal size passport photos). And, pictures required for interview are the same size with the pciture I sent together with DS230 form.

3. also i have 14,000$ in my own fund, do I need 14,000$ x 5 years(60,000$):confused: or 14k is ok for interview??

There is part of the second letter that comes from your embassy so everyone's country will be different. Maybe you arent from the same country so the detail is different and/or missing.
The medical needs 2"x2" photos too i believe - mine says to bring to the medical and two more to the interview.

1. Only other option for affidavit of support will be to have a permanent resident (like GC holder) currently living in the US to fill out a i-384 for you. If not then that option is not available. If you dont have the money, then the only option is that you will have to get a job offer.

3. €14k x 5 years? where did you hear that? You actually only need $13k for the interview. $14k should be fine - so long as it has not just been thrown in recently.

It was june 2008 when I captured 2x2 inch DV picture and sent together with forms to KCC. It's already 8th month. I mean my pictures are already 8month old. Do I need to recapture another fresh one for interview?

also, could $14,000 be a replacement for what smcg said ??

1. Only other option for affidavit of support will be to have a permanent resident (like GC holder) currently living in the US to fill out a i-384 for you. If not then that option is not available. If you dont have the money, then the only option is that you will have to get a job offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding the list of required documents for my wife. I am the selected winner for DV 2009, not my wife..

- Does my wife need a police certificate too?
- Does my wife need to present her high school/university diploma too?

Please kindly help to answer.. thanks

Regards,
Benz

You both need all papers (make two copies of your marriage certificate, each of you need one), but only the winner proof of education.

:) loool at television :p waiting rooms at embassies are provided with TV's :) at least I had one at the embassy. :) yeah, people no need to take electronic device. they take your phone in the guard's room. also, prefer not to wear a metal headed belts or do not bring any metal thing with yourself when going to interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol

What you want his name and address?????? and phone number?

Its from someone who went through the interview at an embassy and i saw it mentioned here before and i am not going to go searching the forum for you. Do it yourself

lol

rel kiks in here we. my ques is about the timing, if you num is under 1000 is good or bad. will it tek long?
yeh men.