• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

List of documents required for GC

Hii,
I have a relative having GC and living in USA and he will sponsor me, but don't know what form tell him to fill. Is it l-134 or l-864? what is the difference between the two .
Thanks in advance for answering

how many I-134 forms??

me and my spouse hold no-immigrant visas (F1) our toddler son is a USA citizen, do we need three form i-34 different filled or one form can cover all of us.
Thanks.

me and my spouse hold no-immigrant visas (F1) our toddler son is a USA citizen, do we need three form i-34 different filled or one form can cover all of us.
Thanks.

I don't think your son needs anything since he's a citizen already. But you and your wife will need 2 separate I-134 as per the Instructions.

Hii,
I have a relative having GC and living in USA and he will sponsor me, but don't know what form tell him to fill. Is it l-134 or l-864? what is the difference between the two .
Thanks in advance for answering

For the DV lottery you should use the I-134 form (this is mentioned in the DV-2010 instructions on the travel.state.gov website).

Hi, can anyone tell whether everyone is asked for the same documents in the 2nd letter or it can differ person to person or country to country?

I mean like for every country they r going to ask for police certificate or there r some countries they don't need any PCC.

Thanks& cheers.

Hi, can anyone tell whether everyone is asked for the same documents in the 2nd letter or it can differ person to person or country to country?

I mean like for every country they r going to ask for police certificate or there r some countries they don't need any PCC.

Thanks& cheers.

I think it must be different for different countries. Some people on this forum have stated that they were asked for police certificates for every country they lived in for more than 6 months since the age of 16 but I was only asked for police certificates for countries I had lived for more than a year since the age of 16.

Also, for my own country - I didn't apply for the police certificates directly. I had to sign a form and return it to the consulate before my interview which they took to the police to request the records on my behalf.

I think it must be different for different countries. Some people on this forum have stated that they were asked for police certificates for every country they lived in for more than 6 months since the age of 16 but I was only asked for police certificates for countries I had lived for more than a year since the age of 16.

Also, for my own country - I didn't apply for the police certificates directly. I had to sign a form and return it to the consulate before my interview which they took to the police to request the records on my behalf.

Many many thanks dude for providing such useful information.

All the best& cheers.

yeah, it usually depends to country. but what i can suggest is try to be ready for the most critical situation. I brought like 40-50documents to the interview where I used only 10 or 11 which were essentials.

what is deportation paper? Where can I get this?
I am Sri Lankan.. Please give me some idea what does it really mean??
Thanks

what is deportation paper? Where can I get this?
I am Sri Lankan.. Please give me some idea what does it really mean??
Thanks

"To be evicted or sent back to your original country by the use of force or voluntarily under immigration laws for reasons such as illegal entry or conduct dangerous to the public welfare. The grounds for deportation varies from country to country."

Thererfore, the question is, 'have you ever been deported from another country?' If no, then you cannot provide this document. It's not force to get all the documents listed in your notification letter, unless it's applicable to you.

I have a relation who is willing to sponsor for me. I am Sri lankan.
So what should my relation do?
what are the documents he has to fill?
Should he write a letter by saying that he is gonna sponsor for me until I settle down in USA?
Or should he fill I-134 form?
Should he certified these documents from any USA government officer?

I will be glad if someone can response for this..

I have a relation who is willing to sponsor for me. I am Sri lankan.
So what should my relation do?
what are the documents he has to fill?
Should he write a letter by saying that he is gonna sponsor for me until I settle down in USA?
Or should he fill I-134 form?
Should he certified these documents from any USA government officer?

I will be glad if someone can response for this..

Hi
Tell him to fill I-134 and add copies of his tax return for the last 3 years.

I sent KCC another mail yeasterday and they sent me this reply today.

Thank you for your inquiry.
Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.
Interviews for the DV 2010 program will begin in October 2009 and conclude on September 30, 2010. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Appointments are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. After August 15, 2009, you may refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov for the list of current numbers being processed. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter. If you are scheduled for an interview, KCC will send a notification letter via the address you provided on question three of the DSP 122.

Thanks to you all for the responses.

Am new to this forum. I wrote the WAEC in 2003 then in a public secondary school. I wrote it again in 2004 as a private student. In 2003 i performed badly with just 3 credits. In 2004 I passed all the subjects with 8 credits. Do i have to submit both results when going for the interview or do I have to submit the current one which I wrote in 2004.

If one hasn't go an affidavit of support,would u be denied the visa or would you be asked to go back and get one.

Some people who had their interviews in various consulars said, they were not asked. However, the general rule is to present one. I think the consular would ask you to go and bring one back at an appointment date.

We have been in US since 2007..My husband was a student here.He graduated and started working..I am the winner but I do not work due to my visa status..When we go to the interview, we will have H1 and H4 visas ..My husband will take a letter from his boss, take the pay checks, and we are planning to show some money in the bank account.I and my husband graduated from univeristy and I also worked 8 years in a job which is on the list..Do we still need to show an affidavit of support, I-134 or any other thing? And do we need to take police certificate from US or is it possible for the US consulate to see our police records online?I appreciate any help..

We have been in US since 2007..My husband was a student here.He graduated and started working..I am the winner but I do not work due to my visa status..When we go to the interview, we will have H1 and H4 visas ..My husband will take a letter from his boss, take the pay checks, and we are planning to show some money in the bank account.I and my husband graduated from univeristy and I also worked 8 years in a job which is on the list..Do we still need to show an affidavit of support, I-134 or any other thing? And do we need to take police certificate from US or is it possible for the US consulate to see our police records online?I appreciate any help..

if you already reside in the states, you and your husband do not need to present any police certificate;they would take care of it as you have said.As per Affidavit of Support it is wise you have one stand by incase you are asked.And please give us an ideal of your case number to know whether CP or Adjustment of Status would be the best option for you guys.

Hi all,
I just have one question about the high school diploma.What if someone graduated from high school and went on to graduate from university but never collected their high school diploma from 35 years ago.They have their university degree and that is what they plan to present at the interview,do you think they will still need to get the high school diploma or is the degree fine.