• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

List of documents required for GC

I am Sri Lankan who won dv 2010.
and I already submitted my completed documents which were sent by kcc with winning notifications. now I am looking forward until the second notification is received.

I put a one of my relation's name, address with telephone number who is resident in USA as a sponsor for me in those documents which I have already sent to KCC. But now he is going to change his home.
1). Normally does kcc call to this relation to confirm my details?
2). How can I change sponsor's details(address and telephone no)? Because I have already sent the documents to KCC.

3). I need to get my original birth certificate. From where can I get my original birth certificate in Sri Lanka? ( I guess Sri Lankan may help for this)

I am Sri Lankan who won dv 2010.
and I already submitted my completed documents which were sent by kcc with winning notifications. now I am looking forward until the second notification is received.

I put a one of my relation's name, address with telephone number who is resident in USA as a sponsor for me in those documents which I have already sent to KCC. But now he is going to change his home.
1). Normally does kcc call to this relation to confirm my details?
2). How can I change sponsor's details(address and telephone no)? Because I have already sent the documents to KCC.

3). I need to get my original birth certificate. From where can I get my original birth certificate in Sri Lanka? ( I guess Sri Lankan may help for this)

Any Idea what is the difference between I-134 and I-864?

Hello sik,

I-134 should be the one for DV cases but sometimes, the adjudicator officer requests the form I-864 instead. The I-864 is more extensive.

Hello sik,

I-134 should be the one for DV cases but sometimes, the adjudicator officer requests the form I-864 instead. The I-864 is more extensive.

Thanks verymuch indeed. I had my interview yesterday and submitted I-134 but the Officer asked me to submit I-864 and I-864A.

Thanks verymuch indeed. I had my interview yesterday and submitted I-134 but the Officer asked me to submit I-864 and I-864A.

Hello sik,

You had your interview already? Was it a consular interview? I hope everything went well.

Good luck!

Yes It was CP and went well. The officer was very nice and co-operative. She just asked me to submit I-864 and I-864A and then they will review my case again.

sponsor

Can a petitioner give an address in a different state and the sponsor is from a different state. For example, the petitioner lives in Chicago and would like to return bck after cp to chicago but the sponsor lives and work in Newyork. Would this affect the interview? I am also not sure if the best option is to actually move to the same address as the sponsor until the green card is recieved (Question 10 & 11 on DS-230)

Yes It was CP and went well. The officer was very nice and co-operative. She just asked me to submit I-864 and I-864A and then they will review my case again.

Do you already find a job or are you in College? Did you have any savings to show at the interview?

I need HELP!!!
Should those forms 122 and 230 be taken to the interview. Please let me know. I think I don't have those copies, what should I do in this case.  

dv 2010

Can anybody provide information? I have some questions.

Now I am in already in USA as F2 status and I am with 3 members.

I got 2nd letter few days ago, does it indicate that my case no. is CURRENT? so that I can proceed for further process to apply for visa interview.

It said to pay in 1st letter, Can I pay the fee to

DV Program
St. Louis, Missouri

But I am not sure how much to pay? Do I need to pay for each member with applicant? Can I get the receipt in advance, which makes easy during visa interview.

Can I make medical report now from Nearest Doctor in advance? So that during process, it may be easy.

Which no. of form do I need to fill up? as I noticed 1-485, is for individual? and How much money do i need to send?

It will be appriciable if I got some helpful information.

Thanks
DKali

Hello can anyone tell me please if I also have to translate my high school certificate and any other document, or if the only ones I need are birth certificate and police?
thak you in advance
2010SA00000xxx

Hello can anyone tell me please if I also have to translate my high school certificate and any other document, or if the only ones I need are birth certificate and police?
thak you in advance
2010SA00000xxx

Hello Agusf,

I think that I already answered your question in another thread. Yes, you need to translate all the supporting documents that are in a language different than English. You need to provide copies of the originals and their corresponding translations.

Good luck!

Can I mention my work experience w/h I didn't mention in the DS 230 & DSP122

I am the winner of DV 2010 lottery. I have worked as a "Child Care worker" for about two years. When I filled the DS 230 and DS 122 forms ( question 7 ) , I only stated my previous work experience in my country and I didn't mention my current work experience . I omitted to state my current occupation and work experience. This because I was not sure to get a supporting letter from my current employer.

I have an interview appointment in May 2010.

Can I rewrite or edit my work experience and send the new DS DSP 122 form to the KCC. Or should I tell the omission to the consular officer in the embassy during my interview?

Will the consular officer consider this new information as a fraud because I didn't state in my DS 230 and DSP 122 forms ? or will she/he accept it to me?

Can I fill this information in the new forms which is supposed to be sent to the embassy. Can the information will raise my chance of eligibility by work experience ( i.e. as it stated in DSP 122-question 7 )

What can I do during my interview? How can I now mention my current work experience and occupation?

Please help me.

Thank you for sharing valuable information.Even photo plays a vital role while we apply. We have to make sure we submit latest photo.