Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

Enquiry hours for CP cases in Delhi

Does anyone know about the enquiry hours for IV cases in the Delhi consulate? I am planning to give a visit to the consulate but don’t know which is the best time :) The consulate website has no information on this.

Please help - SM

Question to Rajiv and other gurus

-- For how much amount should I carry DD ? I am talking about so called $60 for visa issuance fee not sure if it's true. I guess the NVC receipt should do for the $335/person thingy.

-- Can I have just one DD for myself and wife ?

Another question regarding XRay and blood work with Dr. D
- Did you have to go to CP and Jor Bagh to pick up the reports ?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naidilli said:

-- For how much amount should I carry DD ? I am talking about so called $60 for visa issuance fee not sure if it's true. I guess the NVC receipt should do for the $335/person thingy.

>>> The $335/app paid @ NVC covers everything no other fees required @ ND.

-- Can I have just one DD for myself and wife ?

>>> Yes, paid to NVC. See previous answer.

Another question regarding XRay and blood work with Dr. D
- Did you have to go to CP and Jor Bagh to pick up the reports ?

>> They send it directly to Dr.D.

Thank you for your help.

Rjain.

Naidilli said:

If you have already paid the NVC, $335 I do not belive you need to pay anything more to the consulate, unless of course if there are courier charges.

just a quick note to let you all know -interview on the 2nd of august went well. hardly any questions by the indian immigration officer who was more interested in my husband who is a writer. agreed to give passports same day when i mentioned i had a 5month old back in the US and needed to get there early. procedure was exactly the same as the previous members had mentioned. finished at 2.30pm
details later

tenzing said:
just a quick note to let you all know -interview on the 2nd of august went well. hardly any questions by the indian immigration officer who was more interested in my husband who is a writer. agreed to give passports same day when i mentioned i had a 5month old back in the US and needed to get there early. procedure was exactly the same as the previous members had mentioned. finished at 2.30pm
details later

Congrats Tenzing on a successful CP and getting the Passport back the same day.

Cheers,

Rjain

Social Sec. Card Received -- process complete.

Folks, I thought of posting my post CP update status here to basically give a picture of the post CP activities – a process all of you will go through very soon!

Interview: July 1st (New Delhi)
POE: July 11th (Dulles Airport)
Welcome Letter: July 23rd (from TSC)
Green Card received: July 29th. ****
Went to SSA office: July 30th.
SS Card received: August 10th. ****

The SS # is the same as before but the annotation @ DHS work authorization has been removed. I guess this finally completes everything regarding getting LPR status in the US.

I want to give my best wishes to everyone else undergoing the CP process as well as a very rewarding and fruitful career and life in the USA!!

Cheers,

Rjain.

Congrats Rjain!

You got your welcome letter within 2wks. Cool! Still awaiting mine. Does DC fall in TSC or VSC?

alren said:
Congrats Rjain!

You got your welcome letter within 2wks. Cool! Still awaiting mine. Does DC fall in TSC or VSC?

Hi Alren,

DC/MD do fall under VSC for immigration matters but for all POE based GC processing I think that it goes to TSC.

Rjain.

Oh! OK. I was wondering where the items will come from. Even though now I fall under TSC, my case was basically handled at NSC.

Rjain

Congrats Rjain,

That should have been a major relief completing the entire process smoothly. Wish you good luck in all your future endeavors.

I'm still waiting for my welcome letter. POE was Newark and DOE was 9th July. Almost a month. Keeping my fingers crossed.

DA

Hi Alren, DA and VM,

I guess that for a change, I caught a fast break and things happened very fast post POE. The critical things seems to be getting the welcome letter because that indicates that within 3 weeks the card should be received, if not they give a # for follow-up. My wife is returning this Saturday so will see if the pattern is repeated.

Rjain

Successful IV interview on Aug 2nd

Guys.. sorry for posting this response so late but I was out of town for a few days and could not get online.

Here are the details of my experiences:

Interview was scheduled for Aug 2nd 8 AM and I reached there at about 7:30 and was amongst the the last in the line for IV applicants for 8:00 AM slot :eek: . Anyway in about half an hour was allowed to go inside the consulate and there we took seats and made ourself comfortable. Met tenzing there as well. Then a guy came and collected the apointment letter which about 15 ppl duly gave. And then he returned in half an hour and returned the letter and asked everyone to make a line in the far end of the room. As soon as it was my number to go to the window.. they decided to change the process as there was a big rush and they were finding it hard to manage the list of IV applicants (I presume). So once again they collected the appt letters and then called the names. So it was about 9:30 that we got a chance to appear at window 16 where.. an indian guy for DS230 , BC, Marriage cert, employment letter etc. No surprises there. (The only one being I placed all docs in the order mentioned by Rjain in his list and the guy actually asked for them randomly). He also asked for Affidavit of support even though he noted that they did not really require it. He asked for two photos each (straight face 50mm * 50 mm) and then asked us to wait. So we waited about 2 hrs and then were called on window 8 for taking the oath. Did that in 5 min and then waited for another 1.5 hrs before we were called on window 16 and an american consular officer greeted us there and asked basically nothing. He asked me how long I have been there and I replied 5 yrs. asked the same to my wife and she replied. And then he said congratulations and you are now PR and told us to submit the courier charges at the TTS counter.
On 4th aug we got the passports stamped delivered with two sealed envelopes to be submitted at POE.
Will let ya'll know about the POE exp. when I come back on Aug'17. In the meantime I am enjoying all the food and wine and the changing landscape of delhi. Man! Delhi looks like a foreign country now. Anyway.. thanks a lot you guys for being so supportive and for helping out in all the issues.. rjain, alren, kd, raju.. and all others I might have missed.. you all have been simply great.

Hi NJCP,

First congrats and getting through the CP unscathed!! The POE part should be very straightforward other then the wait in the line.

Cheers,

Rjain.

njcpdel said:
In the meantime I am enjoying all the food and wine and the changing landscape of delhi.

nccpdel,

Congrats on getting your process finished. How could you be in misrey out there having food and wine and missing all the fun with Bonnie & Charlie!!!!
:D

Any embarassing moments at Dr. D. ?

Hypothetically stupid question. Any embarassing moments at Dr. D. such as during physicals do you have to remove your clothes etc. ?

Naidilli said:
Hypothetically stupid question. Any embarassing moments at Dr. D. such as during physicals do you have to remove your clothes etc. ?

Yes, they do ask you to take all of your clothes off and lie down on a cushioned table. Unlike US there's no gown given. The redeeming side is that the exam is very brief.

Rjain.