Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

Shukriya bhai, ye kapde utarne waali baat bilkul pasand nahi aayi .. but what can be done :)

Another question. Did the consul ask for copy of W2s even though you had tax transcripts ? Please comment.

Thank you.

IV completed on august 2

i finally got done with my CP at ND on august 2
nothing different from what njcpdel mentioned

few noteworthy points ...

- i entered the embassy at 7:45 and was called for interview at
4:45 PM....one of the very last...dont know why
- I-134 for the wife was not collected
- the immigration style photos were not collected
- now the visa is stamped in passport itself..i guess this is diff. from eallier
cases
- the consul knew a little about my work..so for a moment the IV interview
felt like a job interview....he was using words like partial derivatives and all
For a moment i thought that after waiting for 9 hours i was hearing voices
in my head...but i was able to satisfy his curiosity

Congrats MIDelhi.

Interesting fact about the IV being stamped on the passport -- makes things very easier from a travel perspective. Did you still get a sealed envelope to give @ the POE?

Rjain

Rjain2 said:
Yes, they do ask you to take all of your clothes off and lie down on a cushioned table. Unlike US there's no gown given. The redeeming side is that the exam is very brief.

Rjain.
naidilli and others,

That's why mumbai (esp. Hinduja) rocks. No nonsense at all.

Rjain2 said:
Congrats MIDelhi.

Interesting fact about the IV being stamped on the passport -- makes things very easier from a travel perspective. Did you still get a sealed envelope to give @ the POE?

Rjain
That's part of the new requirment of having Machine readable visas.

Could that mean no need for transit visa, on return, irrespective of travel route ?

What information does the new visa have ?

Thank you

njcdel:

congrats on your successful CP interview. Enjoy indian independence day and live life king size with desi food and wine.

alren:

hope you are not hit badly by the Bonnie's and Charley's....I was happy not to see you on TV getting interviewed. Hope all is well at your end in post CP life.

- the stamped immigrant visa is very similar to any other visa like h-1 and all
- older visas are "cancelled without prejudice"
- it has no info about your company and all...makes sense
- it says immigrant visa and is valid till 6 months from stamp date
- there is still a sealed envelope which has DS forms and some other stuff

kd1403 said:
alren:

hope you are not hit badly by the Bonnie's and Charley's....I was happy not to see you on TV getting interviewed. Hope all is well at your end in post CP life.
kd,

All is well ... Charley was a whisker away ( the eye) ... It was fun to feel the winds at that time for a few moments ... ;)

Question Regarding Transit Visa

MI delhi

Since we have now VISA stamped in the passport itself, do we need Transit Visa if we travel through London ?

It will be helpful if some one else also who has come back recently through London with VISA stamped in the passport can reply ?

thanks
Gchope

gchope,

I don't think it should be an issue. You prob. are the one of the first few ones with MRVs.

Naidilli said:
Hallelujah!

The list is long; there are many duplicate entries.

ND has posted the list a few days earlier than last few months! The dupes are basically to account for the dependants, thus for 2 spouses and 1 child for a particular time slot, you should see three entries with the same case#.

Rjain.

Case Number from ND Embassy

Naidilli

How long ND Embassy takes to assign the case number or how much time it took in your case?

Guys!!

Any idea, mine AC-140 reached there on 26th July. I contacted them once and they told me it is under review.

Naidilli said:
Hallelujah!

The list is long; there are many duplicate entries.