Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

MiDelhi said:
Is the "A" number written by the officer at POE
or is it the number mentioned in your visa.

In my case, there is a stamp that mentions the
end date....thats about it.

The officer asked me to call up BCIS if I don't receive
the green card in about 6-9 months and mention a number
printed on the immigrant visa (was given by New Delhi embassy)
Is yours a MRV? Then the A# should be on it. That's why the officer did not bother to write it. If not, hope you had noted down the A# or have a copy of the IV.

stuck in admin processing

I had interview last week and was told that everything was in order and a security check will be done before IV is issued. No timeline was given about how long it would take. I called the consulate and the reply varies from "a couple of weeks" to "a month".

At the interview, the officer was polite and only cared to ask how long I had been in the US and what were education and my current job responibilities.

I also forgot to collect a piece of paper that he was about to give me, but forgot. He didn't cancel my H-1 visa stamp and said that if I am too pressed for time to go back to work, I could use the visa to travel.

I have no clue what to do. Rjain and Alren please suggest what to do.

Should I wait for another 10 days or so ? Should I travel back on H-1 now and come back after 6 months or so to get the IV ?

Thank you for your help.

Naidilli:

Normally admin process is complete and CP approved within 30 days so you may want to wait. Explain to your employer the situation.

I definetly would not wait for 6 mos. How long of a vacation have you gone out there for?

I would definetly wait till 30ish days (though I doubt it will take that long) and get the monkey of my back.

go back in this thread and see how rjain got this monkey of his back.
if i remember, he pestered the embassy people a bit ...

Hi Naidilli,

Sorry to hear about the admin check. In my case, it took about 5-7 days of pestering them and even going to the embassy during the 2 p.m. open house to talk to the desi officers. Take your travel itinerary with you. Again, please see my earlier posting for the gory details.

I was told that I could go back on H-1B and return within a year but again plan for a 3-4 week time frame for the security check.

Good luck!

Rjain

Dr. Daweshwar's number?

Can somebody post Dr. Daweshwar's number? I need to schedule an appointment.

Thanks
user55

any hotel recommendations

Thanks sachingp for previous reply.

Are there any hotel recommendations in Delhi? My interview is on monday. So I need to reach previous wednesday, get medicals done and hence need hotel for about 6 days.

Vinay

Printing mistakes on the passport.

Hi All,

I have noticed two printing mistakes on my passport.

An additional “a” is printed along with my mother’s first name and an additional “k” is printed along with my father’s last name.

Are these two serious mistakes? Will these mistakes make any difference during the consular interview? And Shall I attempt to get these two mistakes corrected before the consular interview?

Please advice.

SM

SM,
If the extra characters doesn't bother you then officer has nothing to do with it, it would be good to go as it is now, all you need to check is your information is correct as that is the one which is going to get it printed on your Plastic card.

thanks

how to get packet 4 from consulate

I am dubious if my P4 will get to me in time. Hence I want to send somebody else to pick it up for me. What does he need to carry to be able to pick it up? My case number is one thing. Does he need any authorization letter or something? I think he needs to show up between 2 and 3 pm to pick it up, is that correct?

Thanks for your help
User55

It would be good to have an auth. letter. But in general what I have seen at Mumbai that you can just take the case no. and verify the name, they will give you.

vm1214 said:
SM,
If the extra characters doesn't bother you then officer has nothing to do with it, it would be good to go as it is now, all you need to check is your information is correct as that is the one which is going to get it printed on your Plastic card.

thanks

Thanks VM,

I think I will go for the interview with the present passport itself. Thanks for your advice.

SM

The latest version is 3 weeks or more for admin processing. There is no word on what is the maximum time it could take.

Rjain and Alren please describe for the peace of my mind what is written in that sheet of paper that they give at the time of interview saying admin processing. I forgot to take this paper from the officer and he forgot to give it to me at the end. Is there a mention of time as how long it takes for the admin processing etc. ?

Thank you.

Naidilli said:
The latest version is 3 weeks or more for admin processing. There is no word on what is the maximum time it could take.

Rjain and Alren please describe for the peace of my mind what is written in that sheet of paper that they give at the time of interview saying admin processing. I forgot to take this paper from the officer and he forgot to give it to me at the end. Is there a mention of time as how long it takes for the admin processing etc. ?

Thank you.

I do not belive there is time frame written on it.

You better get that paper, otherwise how are you going to go to the counsulate again ?

Confusion

Hi All,

I have received an email from US consulate saying that my Interview is scheduled for October 25th 2004. But my case number is not appearing on the Visa Appointments Schedule shown on their website. Is this normal?

Has anyone else faced a similar situation? I hope this is not an issue.

Regards

SM

sm_delhi:

Reply to that email and have the consulate verify that your interview is scheduled for 10/25. As per current delhi appointment schedule, only CR and IR type visa interviews are scheduled for 10/25. What category do you fall under and I am assuming you fall under delhi consulate and case has not been transferred to another consulate.

Contact delhi consulate and have them rectify this error.

Appolo hospital near Sarita Vihar Delhi

Has anybody done medicals in Appolo hospitals? Any experiences? Good bad ugly? How much time does it take for them to give the reports? Any comparison to Dr. D ?

user55

kd1403 said:
sm_delhi:

Reply to that email and have the consulate verify that your interview is scheduled for 10/25. As per current delhi appointment schedule, only CR and IR type visa interviews are scheduled for 10/25. What category do you fall under and I am assuming you fall under delhi consulate and case has not been transferred to another consulate.

Contact delhi consulate and have them rectify this error.

Mine is an E3 case and it fall under the Delhi consulate.

I have replied back to the cosulate to confirm the interview dates. Let's see what they reply. Will keep you posted.

SM