Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

Naidilli said:
Case number is assigned by NVC. Interview at Delhi is about 3 months after NVC sends the case.
Unlike yours, rseth's case seems to be a AC140 case. So the consulate in NWD will assign the case no.

Thanks everyone for the response.

I called ND last night. The guy told me that they received my case ( I mean now they acepted the receipt of my case) . I am assuming that this means that they opened the packet and entered into the computer and he asked me to call next friday.

Not sure when they will assign the case number:(

The card is finally here!!

Folks,
Today I got the closure on my GC application. The crad arrived in the mail.
The POE was 22nd July, so exactly in a month. I guess now I have to just get SSN card fixed.

Good luck to all others who are waiting.

SKB

skb14 said:
Folks,
Today I got the closure on my GC application. The crad arrived in the mail.
The POE was 22nd July, so exactly in a month. I guess now I have to just get SSN card fixed.

Good luck to all others who are waiting.

SKB
Congrats!

Where was your POE?

Thanks

Thanks. My POE was Detroit. But the crad came from Texas center so don't understand how it all works.

Hi SKB,

Congrats on getting the card in in a timely manner. Mine came in less than 3 weeks after POE @ Washington Dulles from TSC so most probably they process the cards for CP candidates @ TSC. My wife returned last Saturday via Dulles -- hoping to get the welcome letter(s) this week.

Cheers,

rjain

belated post re:interview at new delhi on aug 2nd. experience was similar to ncpdelhi. got medical at dr dawesar -had brought all immunization records and old chest xrays from the US-I had TB as a child-treated and my husband had a positive skin test but normal chest xray. did not need any shots and got the lab and xrays done same morning. took 2 days to get report as she was backed up. we hired a taxi 1/2 day and paid Rs 350 for non AC. AC would have been 450 but we did not find the heat too bad as we had lived in delhi for over 10 yrs before we left for the US in 1994.

interview on Aug 2nd was for 8 am. as ncpdelhi mentioned lots of chaos before we finally got our paperwork submitted.(first told to sit after our interview letters were taken-then these were returned and told to line up and after standing in line for ?an hour told to go back and sit and our letters were taken back again. finally called to submit papers. the lady was an indian woman who just took all the paperwork and returned what she did not need. did not take any tax document-my employers letter was enough. (I am a physician so i dont think they were very concerned).By the way our birth certs did not have both parents names but this was not a problem. Called to give oath and sign a letter stating i would not leave my employer -about 2 hours later.
finally called for the interview at 2.30 pm bythe indian guy who was very nice. hardly any questions -chatted with my husband who is a writer. I requested to get the passport same evening as i needed to leave soon-explained i had a 5month old daughter i had left in the US. he was very understanding and gave the urgent pick up slip. got our passports at about 5pm and they were still conducting interviews at that time! POA was new york with no problems -just finger printing - no questions.
got our welcome letter this weekend
this chat group was really useful and would like to thank everyone for their help and support
tenzing

Congratulations Tenzing. All in one shot and you have welcome letter also that's really great to know. Enjoy.

GC Card and thanks to this forum

I have been following this forum with diligence and it helped me pursue the CP option while AOS was and still is pending....Thanks to the details posted by various members the anxieties asociated with the process are allayed and one feels comfortable with the whole process....I wish to thank all contributing members for keeping up the spirit of this website..
I had my CP interview in July..POE was Aug. 8..got three welcome letters!! in 10 days and received my GC yesterday..ie 23rd august..on the 15th day after entering..Now life can move on in a hopefully more certain/organised manner!!!!!! :)

Congratulations to Tenzing, Skb, Elector.

One trivial question I have to ask is do they ask every one to sign a letter of continuing with the same employer ? Is such signing really binding, legally ?

Thank you.

the document is probably just a formality. my lawyer said that if my employer had problems or some problem with the job I can change jobs as long as it is within the same job specifications. i plan to wait at least 6months. she has not heard of anyone refused green card extension or citizen ship based on job change

Poe

I entered US last evening via Detroit.
no problems at all....everything was cool

the transit visa thing did not come up in london..
no one to check it

question for tenzing

tenzing said:
-----------

hey tenzing, you wrote that u r a physician, got your GC via CP under EB2. Currently, I am writing a self help guide for physicians for GC via employment. This guide i will post at *physicians* forum on this website.
had a few question for you >>> tried to send an email to you, unsuccessful.
my email is j1victim at yahoo dot com

Wife's POE and post POE experience

Folks,

This is to update the POE and follow-up for my wife’s GC. I’d posted my own experience about a month back. She was told to stand in the US citizen’s line instead of visitors' line and really no questions asked. The confounded X-Ray seems like is a useless document – one carries it but it was not asked from either of us. The Welcome letter came in from TSC yeserday and the GC came today -- a good 6 days before mine; kd or raju had mentioned earlier that USCIS favors the fairer sex, no complaints!!

Her details are:

CP Interview: Delhi -- July 1st (with me)
POE: Dulles Airport – August 14th,
PP Stamp: August 14th,
Welcome Letter received: August 27th (only 1 unlike 2 that I received).
Card Recd: August 28.

rjain

Last edited by a moderator:
Successful POE on 27th

Guys

after enjoying the long vacation, me finally back. Came through Detroit on 27th. Special Handling counter was empty for it was a breeze. The immigration officer took the papers and asked up to sign and fingerprint blank form of some sort. Didnt ask any questions, just stamped the passport (where the IV visa is stamped) and assigned a A# for me and my wife. Was all done in about 5 min.

So now the wait starts for Welcome letter and the physical card.

I have a question for all those who have entered US after CP

Is the "A" number written by the officer at POE
or is it the number mentioned in your visa.

In my case, there is a stamp that mentions the
end date....thats about it.

The officer asked me to call up BCIS if I don't receive
the green card in about 6-9 months and mention a number
printed on the immigrant visa (was given by New Delhi embassy)

Hi Midelhi,

Your A# was given on the IV visa @ ND, it should be also mentioned on the I-551 stamp on your passport and will be the same # on the GC.

Rjain.