Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

EAD Approval Email Twice

I also got the same EAD approval for me and my wife twice one yesterday and one today

All Applications Receipts:
Receive Date --> June,08, 2007
Notice Date --> June,25, 2007

FP Notice Date--> July,03, 2007
FP Received --> July,09, 2007
FP Taken --> July, 28, 2007

Myself
I-485 : LUD--> June,26,2007 --> July,30,2007 --> July,31, 2007
EAD : LUD --> June,26, 2007 --> August, 07, 2007 Card Prod Ordered
Parole : LUD--> June, 26, 2007--> August,02, 2007--> August,03,2007

Spouse
I-485 : LUD--> June,26,2007 --> July,30,2007--> July,31, 2007
EAD : LUD --> June,26, 2007--> August, 07, 2007 Card Prod Ordered
Parole : LUD--> June,26,2007 --> July, 26, 2007--> August,08,2007 Approval Notice Sent

I will try and treat MA_05's lack of EAD as a positive sign! I am generally not a worrier but it is curious to me that so many Texas applications that came after me have had their EADs and I have seen no movement at all in this regard.

I have an RD of June 1st, but no EAD updates at all. I got my AP a while back, and did my fingerprinting in late June, but that's all the movement I've seen.

I don't mind if the EAD comes later rather than sooner. It's actually better because I can't use it anyway until portability is even an option, but I'm just wondering why I haven't received it even though my fingerprinting was so quick.

Sigh. The wonders of the system! Who knows what to expect :)

Last edited by a moderator:
FP done for primary applicant

I went for my FP to Newark NJ ASC. It was a breeze courteous staff and extremely polite. Total Time From Parking, back to Parking - 25 minutes flat.

Just wanted to share.
Spouse is scheduled for 08/15 same center didn't bother to go together to keep it simple.
Spouse EAD got "Card Production Ordered", '

How long would it take to get to us at home address from here? Any guesstimates?

NJ/EB3/India
PD -: Apr 04 2003
Labor approved - Aug 03 2006
I-140 Applied Feb 24 2007 Approved(PP): May 4 2007
485,131,765 sent to NSC on Jun 18 2007
Xfered to TSC
RD: Jul 17 2007
Got FP notice 07/30/2007
FP Date Self (done)-: 08/08/2007
FP Date Spouse -: 08/15/2007
EAD spouse - 08/08/2007, Card Production Ordered
EAD self - Waiting....

EAD Card

I got the EAD "card poduction ordered" email last Friday (8/3/07), received the card yesterday (8/8/07). Also, I got a total of 3 emails in the meantime, two w/ the card production message and one saying "approval notice sent" right after that - all on the same EAD case.

I noticed a typo in my middle name - I am debating whether I should get it corrected (as it is wrong in all my other receipts). It requires refiling so I am not sure I want to do that.... Has anybody done it and can you share some insight? Thanks.

I got one more LUD on my I-485 today, but no change in message. Message is same that 'Approval Notice Sent'. I dont know what does it means.

I got the EAD "card poduction ordered" email last Friday (8/3/07), received the card yesterday (8/8/07). Also, I got a total of 3 emails in the meantime, two w/ the card production message and one saying "approval notice sent" right after that - all on the same EAD case.

I noticed a typo in my middle name - I am debating whether I should get it corrected (as it is wrong in all my other receipts). It requires refiling so I am not sure I want to do that.... Has anybody done it and can you share some insight? Thanks.

Hey... The same kind of mistake happend with my spouse's EAD too (First name spelled wrongly). I called USCIS and they asked me to send back the EAD card along with a new application, but we really don't know how long its going to take as already somany applications being sent, so I just went SSN office and applied for SSN for my spouse with correct name, the officer at SSN office was so nice and accepted it with right name... I think I am lucky but he also asked me to get it fixed. Once I get SSN I am thinking of resending it so that you dont need to wait for it once you get SSN. That's what my understanding.

Hey... The same kind of mistake happend with my spouse's EAD too (First name spelled wrongly). I called USCIS and they asked me to send back the EAD card along with a new application, but we really don't know how long its going to take as already somany applications being sent, so I just went SSN office and applied for SSN for my spouse with correct name, the officer at SSN office was so nice and accepted it with right name... I think I am lucky but he also asked me to get it fixed. Once I get SSN I am thinking of resending it so that you dont need to wait for it once you get SSN. That's what my understanding.

Hi vikando,
Please let us know how long is taking to receive the SSN once you apply.

Hi vikando,
Please let us know how long is taking to receive the SSN once you apply.

Hi there.. we went day after my wife got her EAD to the SSN office. They said it will take "Three to four weeks" to get the SSN since they have to verify with the dept of homeland security that her newly received EAD is valid etc. But...a week later, we recvd a letter from same SSN office saying that they had finished verfying this info and that she should get the SSN within two to three weeks. 6 days after this letter, she got her SSN in the mail. All in all, it was max two weeks to get the actual SSN card from day she applied for it.

If your wife needs to start working while awaiting her SSN, take the letter that the SSN office gives you saying she has applied for the SSN along with the EAD to the HR dept of where she wants to start working. Most of the time, her company will tell her that she CAN start working immedietely but that they cannot pay her till the SSN is given. In other words, she will start accuing income from day one but they cannot process the paycheck till the actual SSN is given.

So she should be okay. But check with wife's HR dept as well to double check. Different HR depts may have different policies on how to treat this.

AP/I-131 approved

I-131 travel docs for me and spouse are approved as of today hope to get them in couple of days at home in a week

must be my lucky day
1) EAD for spouse is "Card Production Ordered"
2) AP for both of us is approved and mailed.

NJ/EB3/India
PD -: Apr 04 2003
Labor approved - Aug 03 2006
I-140 Applied Feb 24 2007 Approved(PP): May 4 2007
485,131,765 sent to NSC on Jun 18 2007
Xfered to TSC
RD: Jul 17 2007
Got FP notice 07/30/2007
FP Date Self (done)-: 08/08/2007
FP Date Spouse -: 08/15/2007
EAD spouse - 08/08/2007, Card Production Ordered
EAD self - Waiting....
AP - Approved for both on 08/09/2007 :)

Hi there.. we went day after my wife got her EAD to the SSN office. They said it will take "Three to four weeks" to get the SSN since they have to verify with the dept of homeland security that her newly received EAD is valid etc. But...a week later, we recvd a letter from same SSN office saying that they had finished verfying this info and that she should get the SSN within two to three weeks. 6 days after this letter, she got her SSN in the mail. All in all, it was max two weeks to get the actual SSN card from day she applied for it.

If your wife needs to start working while awaiting her SSN, take the letter that the SSN office gives you saying she has applied for the SSN along with the EAD to the HR dept of where she wants to start working. Most of the time, her company will tell her that she CAN start working immedietely but that they cannot pay her till the SSN is given. In other words, she will start accuing income from day one but they cannot process the paycheck till the actual SSN is given.

So she should be okay. But check with wife's HR dept as well to double check. Different HR depts may have different policies on how to treat this.

Thanks red123 for the great info.

Experts,

Will there be a LUD or update in the USCIS website, when they send out the FP (Biometrics) appt notice to me?

Please help!

Thanks,
Karthik

Experts,

Will there be a LUD or update in the USCIS website, when they send out the FP (Biometrics) appt notice to me?

Please help!

Thanks,
Karthik
Not necessarily, it depends, look at my timeline, no recipts in any yet, yet i got ASC FP appointment and worst of all case can't be found online yet... so i think this month is just too busy.

I got one more LUD on my I-485 today, but no change in message. Message is same that 'Approval Notice Sent'. I dont know what does it means.

This is a good sign MA_05. Hopefully you'll be getting everything by early next week.

Receipt for AP

I am curiousto know if USCIS issue receipts to people who apply for AP. Because I applied for AP and have no clue of it.
Please comment.

Al

EAD card received for self/spouse

EB3 - Sep'01 - INDIA
Labor - approved in Jan'07
I-140 approved in Jul'07
I-485/131/765 filed on 6/14/07 (TSC)
FP Date - 8/10/07
EAD card received - 8/9/07
AP - still waiting

Best wishes to everyone...

EAD Typo correction

Thanks vikando. I emailed my attorneys today telling them about the typo and they emailed me back a few hours later saying they called USCIS and had the typo corrected in their system (it was clearly USCIS's fault) but that we still need to send back the EAD and apply for a replacement one. According to the attorneys, this won't slow my case at all. I hope they are right.. I would appreciate if anybody else can share their experience with a similar situation.. I am sure USCIS makes typo mistakes a lot given the unfamiliar names they have to deal w/ all the time.

FP Notice received

FP notices came in today for spouse and I. Check signature for details.
EB3 (World)

Received the EAD cards on 08/08/07. My LUD's all got updated today including the approved EADs for me & my wife. Any idea why the LUD got updated for the EAD's that are already approved & mailed? Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Case in TSC
Labor: PD: 02/2003 - EB3/INDIA
I-140: AD: 03/2006
I-485: RD: 06/08/07, ND:06/22/07, LUD's: 06/24/07, 07/24/07, 07/25/07,08/10/07
I-765: RD: 06/08/07, ND:06/22/07, LUD's: 06/24/07, 08/02/07, 08/06/07,08/10/07
I-131: RD: 06/08/07, ND:06/22/07, LUD's: 06/24/07, 08/06/07,08/10/07
FP Completed: 07/24/07, EAD's Received: 08/08/07