Last updated date changed for Jan '03 case

Needhelp1,

Yesterday when I called VSC they gave me following address for enquiry on name status

USCIS
75 Lower weldon st,
St. albans, VT 05479

Person said one can always write a letter to USCIS and ask them the status of your name check request....

Hope this helps.

needhelp1 said:
I don't know buddy whether to laugh or cry on my fate......
I have received a call from the FBI Name Check Dept and they informed me that my Name has not been received by them for security clerance and they have received my spouse name and they have cleared her and sent the status sometime in March 03.

Now I am really a worried man as I don't know what approach I should take to make USCIS send my name check request ? And also FBI told me that rightnow they are having Backlog on Name Checks and it will take sometime to get processed even if they receive my name check today.

Only GOD can show some mercy on me!

One can always correspond with VSC, but we should not tell them we are cross-checking our Name check and other security procedures as this will irritate USCIS.
Magician said:
Needhelp1,
Person said one can always write a letter to USCIS and ask them the status of your name check request....
Hope this helps.

That's right....Don't tell them about cross-checking etc....just ask them the status of name check.

needhelp1 said:
One can always correspond with VSC, but we should not tell them we are cross-checking our Name check and other security procedures as this will irritate USCIS.

Hi all,

This is my first time responding to the messages on this forum. I have been following this particular thread since Sanga started it in June since my details are very similar to Sanga's..check out my signature. I wanted some insight from you all regarding my current situation hence this post.

The BCIS website got updated with a new message a week after I gave my FP2. My husband gave his FP2 1 month later but his message has not updated still. Today, I called the FBI number to check on my husband's FP results. The lady said that they sent the results the very same day to Texas INS. We live in Houston but our case is with VSC. She said that they thought the request came from Texas INS. My question is if its possible his FP2 results are TSC instead of VSC? What happens then?

Another reason for my doubt is that we had applied for AP for my husband in June but he had not received anything until Aug. Hence, we initiated an enquiry and on Sept 20th his AP got approved. I was hoping it will be our 485.

FBI Name check cleared in 2003 for us. Hence I am unable to understand why there is a delay in our case. Our I140 was approved last year.

Any thoughts?

thanks
sandhya

Hello Sandhya:

You should not worry about FP2. INS has central database and they know your FP2 details. I got this information when I was giving my FP2.

Also, my situation was similar like you. I had given my FP2 in San Jose, CA which come under CSC. When I called FBI said my results are sent back CSC.

After a while, I got approval from VSC. So there is no need to worry about FP2 results. The issue that is bothering is Name Check. Check whether Name Check has been done for your case.

I also talked to a CSR at NCSC today, this time it seemed it was some logical guy. He told that USCIS has a habit of updating the LUD and status after FP1 but they may not do it after FP2. So, if your status/LUD is not updated after FP2 you should not be surprised.

Please see your Personal message. We should discuss about this issue and try to figure out a solution soon.
Chakal2000 said:
Hi,
I think my case is v similar to yours.
ND:Jan 15th 2003
I got a call from FBI that they have not recieved a request for Namecheck from USCIS.

Mujeh Mera PAtta Mil Gaya

Recevd. 4 Approval email Today..... :)

=================
I-485 RD=12/29/2002 ND=01/29/2003
FP2:07/14/2004
No RFE, Same EMPLOYER....
Throughout GC process , stayed/worked in CA....althoug GC process started/Completed from VSC

Never CALLED in USICS office/National Service Center

=====================

Aish karo yaro/yariao....

Update of Friends Approval

Friends,
One of my friend who is also my collegue got his and his spouse I485 approved on 10/15/04. There RD/ND are in Jan03 and they did second FP on First week of September 04. He got RFE sometime in May 04 regarding EVL and recent Pay Stubs and he replied immediately and after doing there Second FP they got there approvals.

Last edited by a moderator:
This week, it will be something...

I believe, I am going to listen from VSC about my case by end of Friday this week. This is the first time I have predicted for myself.

Its so Frustrating

Man,
I am growing more impatient and frustrated , No LUD change since 9/15. I did my FP2 on 9/22, No change in online message.
Hope we don't have to wait until next year (2005). But, seems we are heading that way.

I think I-485 cases for Dec 2002 and Jan 2003 are in backlog...don't seen many of them :rolleyes:

Chakal2000 said:
Man,
I am growing more impatient and frustrated , No LUD change since 9/15. I did my FP2 on 9/22, No change in online message.
Hope we don't have to wait until next year (2005). But, seems we are heading that way.

I did my FP-2 on 9/15 and I am EAC03-087-5****. So it seems like time. I was so tense and expectations were high till last week. But now I am at calm with myself no frustrations or anything.

Approach right now is:
If I get it, it will be good
If I don't, it will be better

In Nutshell, don't care anymore, I am on the forum, as I am attached to the forum little bit more.

RFE received by USCIS

My RFE (Biographic info) was received by USCIS today and they sent out an email confirming that. Now nobody knows how much more time for approval.

EAD3 approved for me and my wife

EAD-3 for me and my wife has been approved. I received emails from USCIS. No sign yet of my I-485 approval.

I-485 RD : 12/20/2002
I-485 ND : 01/23/2003
Fp1 : 02/20/2003
FP2: 08/07/2004
LUD: 08/18/2004

EAD3, AP3 RD : 08/12/2004
EAD3 Approval: 10/19/2004
AP3 Approval : Waiting

Happyperson

There have been people who have got I-485s approved the next day they got their EADs approved. One of my friend's daughter got I-485 approval notice yesterday(from TSC) and her attorney got notice for her 2nd EAD approved.

Prem,
I am getting scre**d not only from INS, but also from Cheif Technology Officer. I am working on project deadline and I am not able to spend time on regular basis. My apologies.

Regarding my developments, I have talked to congressman's office and explained them that my Name check has never been requested by USCIS and also faxed them the email sent by FBI. I will contact them in a week or so as they said they will need some time to followup on my case.

I am actually think of apply EAD, sometime next month. Somebody on the forum suggested that if you apply for EAD renewal, USCIS will check for security clearance ? Is this true ? If it is true, then I will apply the renewal immediately.

Any developments in your case and Gorilla's case ?
PremChopra said:
Gorrilla
needhelp1
Where are you guys and what's going on? I hope everything is fine.