Last updated date changed for Jan '03 case

Hello Dear Buddy's

Pream, Need Help and Ram03.

Thanks for asking me. The Much waited RFE got today(10/21/04), RFE was issued on 10/08/04 , do not know why vermont took nearly 2 weeks to sent to virginia.. and my lawyer just now faxed to me, here it says....

1. Birth Certificate ::
I filed orginal birth certificate. But this orginal I got it only before i am going apply GC.
But the problem INS says i got my orginal certificate after 28 years since i was born so they were saying they can not relay on this certificate and i need Affidavit to prove those are orginal. So they Need 2 Affidavit's one from my Uncle and another from my parents.

2. Last 2 yrs W2 and Tax return::

3. Employment Verfication letter ::

4. last 3 months Paystubs ::

So friends,

if you got your original birthcertificate only before GC, then get ready for Affidavit's do not delay. You may get RFE(Not wishing but chances are there??)

My brother is in india and he is preparing affidavit's for me. Do not know when i can reply my RFE ?????????????? :(

'Prem' is there improvement in your case???. 'Need help' Best of luck for your trails.

'Ram03'
Did you get your card yet or no?

Hey Gorilla:

In ref to your RFE i.e. BC.

I was asked to the same however mine was a little diffrent i.e. my name was missing in the BC so what I did was had my folks issued one from the Municipal Council back in India and had them couriered to me with my name written on the Birth Certificate making sure all other information remained the same i.e. registration date, registration # etc.. on receipt of the same I forwarded it to my attorney with the corier package indicating that I have received it from India via courier and me and my attorney submitted likewise and in about 10 days we heard back in the positive.. I am not sure if this info helps however i thought I share it with you right away.... Thanks

Gorilla,
All they need is a birth certificate, why do they care when it was issued. When u get ur BC, ask them to expand ur initials(like first name last name). My friend got RFE for that. Even I got my birth Certificate just two weeks before applying for my 485. I guess I was lucky, they did not ask me for any affidavit.
Except for the BC, u can get all other documents ready by now.
Dont worry u will be approved in less than a month after u reply to ur RFE.(Dengdeng Theory)
I got my passport stamped only three days back(Seattle office was closed for 10 days)
Good luck

Gorilla, needhelp1

No progress in my case yet, I have seen people getting response mostly in 6-8week period after FP2, my six weeks will be completed next week so I am expecting some reply soon.

Gorilla, I also got Birth Certificates just before GC for both me and my wife so I am just going to wait and watch in the meantime I can ask in India to start them working on affidavits (just in case). To make things worse Airborne express lost the courier for originals when my father in law mailed those to us. Then we ended up getting duplicates, just to cover the scenario I got a letter from Airborne that they lost our originals.

Thanks guys, you guys are really No.1 in supporting others. Wishing speedy approvals for everybody.

Thanks 'dude2711725', I too noticed when you posted your approval you replied your RFE and you got in 10 days. Mine they need affidavit only proving that one is original. I wish also like you it will happen in 10 days after RFE sent?

Thanks for the Wishes 'ram03'. I think you are a lucky man for BC, Even i also thought same thing, it is really funny all they need is original, when you submit orginal now they need to prove that is original it is just they want to issue some RFE??. I am gathering all of them once affidavit's came from india i will sent them back. Congrats for your passport stamp, i think you will receive your card with in 10 weeks now.

Hey Prem.
Be Prepare now my friend who knows they may issue. Affidavit's are really simple we can get it one day, only thing is it has to come from india.(If some body is coming ask them to carry those or otherwise speedpost they will arrive no later then 6 days(some times they arr not!!). I hope you will get your approval without RFE like 'ram03'.

Hey 'Joejoy'
Yes, In My RFE they are specifically asking 2 affidavit's. Yes, they need 2.

Gorilla!. I am 100% sure that once you send the RFE with all the valid documents, you will get your approval in no time.

Prem, Keep praying GOD and I am sure you will hear good news about your approval in the coming week.

And regarding the sensational news!. Is VSC has moved the processing date to Jun 2003 ? I am still surprised by the jump and I am actually thinkin of contacting my congressman's office to initiate an enquiry again as our dates are in Dec 2002. Any ideas ?

Wish You All Happy Vijaya Dashami. :)

AP3 Approved

2 days after receiving our EAD 3 approval, our AP3 (for family) has been approved

485-RD : 12/20/2002
ND : 01/23/2003
FP1: 02/20/2003
FP2: 08/07/2004

I-485 AD : ??

EAD3 and AP3 RD : 08/12/2004
EAD3 Approval : 10/19/2004
AP3 Approval : 10/22/2004

Happyperson

Thanks for your wishes needhelp1/Gorilla, wishing you guys also speedy approvals. For you it makes sense to initiate enquiry, since you know that USCIS never sent name check request for you.

In my case, I haven't heard back from FBI yet, I sent them a fax on 9/21. Also I have seen people ususally get approved after 6-8 weeks from FP-2, since I completed FP2 on 9/15, I am counting on next three weeks. If I don't hear anything in next three weeks then I will start thinking about applying AP for my wife.

You guys take care and have a good weekend/happy Vijay Dashmi

Hi Prem,
Thanks for wishes Buddy. I have called my congressman's office and they were surprised by the jump on the dates. They said they will follow up our cases now as they are past our dates and they have recommended me not to contact INS for status inquiry as they are following up our cases with CIS.

So hopefully the next month, it will be really an eventfull one for me.....
PremChopra said:
Thanks for your wishes needhelp1/Gorilla, wishing you guys also speedy approvals. For you it makes sense to initiate enquiry, since you know that USCIS never sent name check request for you.

Called USCIS Hotline

I called the Toll free number checking the status. The automated message said the info is temporarily unavailable (I have been getting this message for my case for past 1 month). i then waited for 20 minutes to be connected to an agent. She told me the message thats on the website.
I informed her the processing date is now Jun'03 and my RD is Jan '03. She took all my information and told would initiate a case enquiry and I shall be hearing back in 30 days.

:) Wish You All Happy Vijaya Dashami :)

'Needhelp1' thanks for your wishes and wishing best of luck for your trails.

I-485 Rfe

Hi Gurus,

I received my I485 RFE today and it demands the following documents.

1) Documentary evidence to support the correct and legal form of my Name.

Reason: As my First Name and Last Name have been swapped in some of my documents(like H1 Paper,Medical and Tax Returns) , My RFE beared the following lines..

"Please submit documentary evidence to support the correct and legal form of your name, as this is the name that will appear on your Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)."

2) EVL
3) Last 2 months paystubs
4) Last 2 year Tax returns+ W2.

I have already submitted affidavits from my parents regarding my birth certificate which also have my name printed correctly.

Since My Passport shows my Family name as First and then my name as Second, the SSN also have my name displayed in the reverse order.
(ie. My Family Name first then my My Name as last)
since the Tax Returns is also filed based on the SSN Name display, It also has the name in the Reverse order..

My Questions:
---------------
1) What supportive documents would I need to arrange so as to proove the UCIS for the correct Name display??
2) what is the I-551 form???

I shall be very thankful if you folks could come up with any valuable suggestions that would help me...

Thanks for all of your feedback in advance,

Iam little worried... :confused:

I wish all of you Good Luck.

Is anybody had similar situation?

Thanks again,
Chitts

I485 RD - Jan 2003
FP2 - Aug 2004
2 EADs and 2 APs already approved.
LUD - 10/18/2004
Vermont center.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember that dsatish had some name format issues.
Send an email to him and he might be able to guide you.

BTW. Parents should not give affidavit for birth certificate. It should be provided by close relatives or friends who were present at the time of your birth.

And what were you doing till now ? You should always make sure that your name is appearing properly on all the necessary documents as this issue will haunt you if not now, but it will keep repeating at every stage. So get it corrected after your GC gets approved. Good Luck!
chittts said:
Hi Gurus,
Is anybody had similar situation?

RFE .. Spouse Medicals

Hi..

I have finally recv'd my RFE yesterday. Followinag are the requests:

Myself:

1. Employment letter from Employer.

Spouse:
1. When she did Medical on 05/15/2003. That nurse/Doctor messed up the forms it seems and form I-693 is not included with her medicals (I think it is that Vaccine, Now BCIS wants her to submit all her medicals again.

My question is she is 7 weeks Pregnant now, is there a way I can avoid this Vaccine in her new medicals?! If you know any info, your input is very much appreciated.

Thanks
140/485 ND: 03/07/2003
FP1: 5/15/03
FP2: 09/01/04
Recent LUD: 09/28, 09/28
Message changed on 10/15/04, after BCIS issued an RFE.

myself 12342002

I think when you do the medical exam the doctor gives you a copy, you can make copy of that copy and send it. Otherwise you can call the doctor office and check with them if they retain copies of your medical exam, if yes, get a copy from them and send it.

Im approved guys

Guys im approved today ...process started august 1999

I485 RD Jan'03
FP1 March '03
FP2 August '04
RFE October 12 '04
Rfe received october 19th 04
Approval..TODAY...SYSTEM DATE October 26..2004

Prem..

Thanks for your input, initially we were in Portland,OR and Doctor gave us a sealed envelop, never had a chance to take a photo copy, we are in Denver, CO now, I am checking with the Doctors here, I will see what they will advice me to do.

Thanks
Myself

PremChopra said:
myself 12342002

I think when you do the medical exam the doctor gives you a copy, you can make copy of that copy and send it. Otherwise you can call the doctor office and check with them if they retain copies of your medical exam, if yes, get a copy from them and send it.