June 2002 I-140 Tracker

Hi yaodong hu

Nope, I don't have the Notice Date and have no clue how to get it.

Let me know if you find any information. This I140 seems like a black box.

my 1-140 was sent out....

Hi Atul,

I am back again... I just got info from my lawyer that she sent my I-140 application on June 19th, 2002. The sent date is the Received date. Is that true? She wouldn't tell me the EAC number. Is there anyway I can find that out myself. Do you know how long it will take to get this form approved? She said it ussually take 8 -12 months. I thought it should be 3-6 months. Any idea?

-MM

Hi All!

I am joining your bandwagon! Am I welcome .... ;)

Sent Date 06/02/2002
Receipt Date 06/17/2002
Approval Date ?

Thanks!

To MM110

Hi,

Sent Date is not same as the Receipt Date. The Receipt Date or the so called RD is given by the Vermont Center once they acknowledge the receipt of the I140 papers and you can get that only from the lawyer or if he gives you the EAC Number you can call the AVM 802-5274913 and get it.

The best time to call is the evening around 5pm but you definately need the EAC Number. Call you lawyer and ask for it. He/She legally has to provide you with all the information received form the INS on your behalf.

What I found is these lawyers are worried that once they provide you with the information for the next phase you may not go through them and hence avoid giving you this information.

Hope this helps, Good Luck !!!

It's a bit confusing for the ND, here is the meaning:

MD: the date I-140 application was mailed by your lawyer

RD: the receive date when your I-140 application package reached the service center office - This is only printed on the receipt notice sent to your lawyer - usually one or two days after the mail date (MD)

ND: this date is the date given as "received on" date when your call the AVM using yoru EAC# - This is the date that your information is keyed into their system - could be as long as one week after MD

I-140 is current in VSC?????

Hey Guys,

I found the following info in immigration.com update for VSC.

MAIL ROOM Date DATA ENTRY Date
II-140's Current I-140's 7/5/2002

Does that mean there is no back log in processing?

Thanks!

I-140

Here is the update,

MD: 6/21/02
RD: 6/27/02
Waiting for the Approval. I dont know the ND.

-Selvam

Great Job LCForever.

It is a really cool thing that you are maintaining and posting the spreadsheet. It gives us an excellent picture of the progress!

Thanks for your effort!

:)

June I-140..new entry

Late commer to this thread (and to this forum)

RD - 6/15/2002
ND - 6/20/2002
RFE- God!! don't need it.
AD- Eagerly waiting

Hi ATUL_H and yaodong hu!

I remember you guys from Boston DOL. How is it going with your I-140 applications. Myself and Gateway got approved our labors in late June. Guys, I am trying to find out my EAC number.
Could anyone please let me know, how long it takes from mailing date to get the "Receipt" for I-140? I believe you get the EAC# with the receipt only, is that true? And did you find out yet how to get the Notice Date if you know the EAC#(After reading one of your random mails).

Goodluck for I-140 and then for I-485(Am I being too optimistic too soon..;-))!

Thanks!

Re: Hi ATUL_H and yaodong hu!

Hay PT,
I will be filing my 140 next week because of my lousy immigration dept. but it seems we get EAC number from our lawyer I don't know how we can track our case here. In DOL we can email DOL server & get the status or call DOL. If some one from this forum give more information about finding out status of case will be appreciated.
Best of luck all of for 140 process. Hope it will speed up.

Regards,
Gateway

Originally posted by PT_Jun01
I remember you guys from Boston DOL. How is it going with your I-140 applications. Myself and Gateway got approved our labors in late June. Guys, I am trying to find out my EAC number.
Could anyone please let me know, how long it takes from mailing date to get the "Receipt" for I-140? I believe you get the EAC# with the receipt only, is that true? And did you find out yet how to get the Notice Date if you know the EAC#(After reading one of your random mails).

Goodluck for I-140 and then for I-485(Am I being too optimistic too soon..;-))!

Thanks!

thanks for the msg gateway!

I don't know if there is any other way to estimate our cases other then reading through the approved cases on this board and with VSC AVM. I am hoping Atul and hu can give some insights.

Good luck to everybody for processsing in this section.

welcome PT and gateway

welcome, You probably can get the receipt date and EAC number from your laywer one week after the application is mailed. We see some cooperation build up in this I140 thread, but really there are no good way to track the INS certifying activity like we did that in DOL. Instrack.sce.net has a good track, but guys had I140 cleared usually will be very busy for I485 filing and some may not update there.

Now I140 is keeping the pace around 3 months , I can accept that as long as it won't go any worse , say 6 month.
Also I hope EB2 pace can catch up to match the EB3 , not just because I am EB2, I just think , there are no particular reason for any category to be slower.

let's keep talking and posting and even speculating, so we can easily kill the waiting time.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US

yaodong

Welcome Aboard Guys...

Wish I could help you more, but unfortunately I don't have anything new to tell other that what you already know :

You get your Case number within a weeks time from your lawyer. Keep on pestering him and hopefully he will part with it.

Once you have your number you can check by calling
802-5274913. This will tell your receipt date in Vermont Center and a standard message that it takes 90 - 180 days to process I140.

Hopefully, it has helped you a little.

- Atul

Photographs for I485

Hi All!

Which would be a good place to go for photographs for the I485 application? These photographs need to match their specification!

Appreciate the help!

Thanks!

ND

For getting ND, do u have to call AVM & talk to some person? If one doesn't, his case is not entered in the system. Will somebody clarify this please?
Thanks in advance.

Hey every date is given by INS. You should not call them regarding this. Once they enter your file, your lawyer will receive a notice with all dates. You can get a copy(faxed/scanned) to know your info.

ND

Hi Neeta,
the receipt that is mailed out - has both the receipt date and the notice date. So if you or your lawyer have the receipt date then without a doubt you should also have the notice date. Look at the receipt you have again (By the way, why are you worrying about the notice date anyway - until and unless you have'nt received the receipt!)
rdip