June 2002 I-140 Tracker

FP over....

Hi India-USA,

I finished the FP last week at the INS office. Today, when I checked the online status using the 485 case #, it says
" On November 12, 2002, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 APPLICATION TO ADJUST TO PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made".

I haven't gotten my EAD/AP though 50 days is over...
I-140 is pending for 154 days...

How about yours, did u get any receipt notices- any approvals.

Goodluck

Re: FP over....

Hello MEOW_MEOW

I haven't get ay thing from INS> Still I am waiting for EAD/FP/I-140 etc.........

I am thinking to go to Local INS and get EAD . One of friend told me that , dependents may get EAD after 30 days from Local INS.
Is it true? If I go Local INS they will give or not?

give me any idea?

Make a trip to the INS office...

India-USA,

If you have the copy of the 485 receipt (or even otherwise), just make a trip to the local office and enquire with the officials. I saw few desis filling their EAD forms at the Boston office. You can get an clear answer, if you visit their office. Boston office is open even on Saturdays! Probably, your local INS office might be also opened on saturdays!

160 TH DAY!!!

Filed I-140, 160 days ago! Can I contact INS after 180 days to enquire on the status......... I am in desperate need of 140 approval .....

Re: 160 TH DAY!!!

Originally posted by MEOW_MEOW
Filed I-140, 160 days ago! Can I contact INS after 180 days to enquire on the status......... I am in desperate need of 140 approval .....
I belive ONLY your Lawyer OR your employer can enquire about it.

Did you get your EAD yet ?

and BTW whats the desperation about ? :) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Cheekoo,

I may get the EAD anytime. I haven’t got the 140 approval yet. My project might get over anytime at my client site. Employer will remove
me from payrolls. If i get the 140 approval, i can try for a similar job using the EAD. Again, the AOS is pending only for just 60 days

Re: 160 TH DAY!!!

Hello MEOW_MEOW

Lot of people are waiting since Feb(alomost 270 days) . Anyway you got EAD , don't worry you will get approve.

Filed I-140, 160 days ago! Can I contact INS after 180 days to enquire on the status......... I am in desperate need of 140 approval ..... [/QUOTE]

Re: Hey Cheekoo,

Hello MEOW_MEOW

Don't worry, you will get I-140 shortly. It may take 1 month. Your emplyer is Desi or American? better to ask ur employer to run your payroll , you can pay tax then they may agree.

I may get the EAD anytime. I haven’t got the 140 approval yet. My project might get over anytime at my client site. Employer will remove
me from payrolls. If i get the 140 approval, i can try for a similar job using the EAD. Again, the AOS is pending only for just 60 days
[/QUOTE]

MEOW_MEOW ,

I am on the same boat like you, Applied i-140 in march got RFE and INS received RFE on july 20th, still awaiting for approval.

Applied 485 on Aug 22th

got EAD,FP. I think getting i-140 approval is better than getting EAD.

Sneha999

sneha999 Hi,

Whats the difference b/w 140 and EAD. Why do you think 140 is better. Is not it a process for GC only.

What benefit we get once 140 is approved ?

Could you kibldy put your words. I think I am lost here.

Cheekoo,

I read some where , if i-140 is denied , 485 will be denied automatically and the money/time which we/company spent on 485 will be useless. That's why I feel i-140 is more important to
be approved for us to proceed forward with confidently.

Sneha

Why 140 approval is significant ...

Thanks for the consolation india-usa. I am working for a desi.

Using an EAD after 140-approval is safer because once you start using EAD, the H1 status is gone.
If something really bad happens to 140, then the EAD is also revoked and we need to file another H1 to maintain the legal status.
Moreover, the prospective employer who hires full-time based on the EAD may insist on the approved 140. Someone might hire with a pending 140 but why to take a risk ,as we all know that for the 140 Approval, INS looks into the company's financials and a match of the candidate's profile for the approved labor. We don't know what parameters they use to approve, deny or issue RFE.

Re: Why 140 approval is significant ...

MEOW_MEOW

Look at the bright Side:
From what everone has been saying, when INS has been allowing the concurrent filing 485 w/ 140, I-104 go thro a preliminary screening.

ONLY, in cases where they hv valid case (everything in order) that they go ahead and approve EAD etc...Lest they hv to cancel everything again.

In your case, your EAD approved, means your case is half way thro as far as I-140 approval is concerned. At least the worst things u r imagining have not happened in first step is a good sign.

My case is similar to urs.
I have substitute LC, I-140 RD: 6/27 and 485 10/8
Have not heard about EAD yet ???

Using an EAD after 140-approval is safer because once you start using EAD, the H1 status is gone.
If something really bad happens to 140, then the EAD is also revoked and we need to file another H1 to maintain the legal status.
Moreover, the prospective employer who hires full-time based on the EAD may insist on the approved 140. Someone might hire with a pending 140 but why to take a risk ,as we all know that for the 140 Approval, INS looks into the company's financials and a match of the candidate's profile for the approved labor. We don't know what parameters they use to approve, deny or issue RFE.

Re: Why 140 approval is significant ...

MEOW_MEOW

Look at the bright Side:
From what everone has been saying, when INS has been allowing the concurrent filing 485 w/ 140, I-104 go thro a preliminary screening.

ONLY, in cases where they hv valid case (everything in order) that they go ahead and approve EAD etc...Lest they hv to cancel everything again.

In your case, your EAD approved, means your case is half way thro as far as I-140 approval is concerned. At least the worst things u r imagining have not happened in first step is a good sign.

My case is similar to urs.
I have substitute LC (EB-3, RIR), I-140 RD: 6/27 and 485 10/8
Have not heard about EAD yet ???

Hi Guys

This is now confusing me when you fill concurrently in order for INS to approve your EAD they do a preliminaly check on your I-140 to make sure that everything is okay. Why doesn't INS approve your I-140 there and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an update.

140 RD:-- 06/12/02
Pending...
EAD/485/AP RD:-- 09/26/02
EAD approved on 11/13; Card mailed on 11/15; I got the card on 11/18.
AP approved,mailed on 11/18; yet to receive the app. notice.

Hi,

I-140 details
ND 03/20/02
RFE 5/30/02
RFE ND 7/19/02

EAD details
RD 8/23/02
AD for EAD - 10/15/02
FP - 10/02/02.

Do you think my i-140 will approve because I got approval of EAD??? .

Online status for my i-140 RFE says that 'because preliminary processing was complete before we requested the additional material, the remaining processing time for this stage of your case is approximately 180 days. You will receive a written decision on this case'

Please sugguest.

Thanks in advance
Sneha

Updated the INSTRACKER...

India-USA,

I did update the INSTRACKER under my former name in this forum - snowbell_cat.

I hope you should get the EAD approval, soon. Good Luck!

sneha999 -- i think you should get the 140 approval soon, because you got the RFE and responded to it.