July 2005 AOR..buffalo timeline...

Thanks Gerula...

But apparently you misread most of what I said, and misunderstood where CIC stands on the issue.

His son is in the custody of his mother, not grandmother, and will remain there.

All court decisions have been finalized.

We have no intention of bringing him to Canada, either now or in the future.

We have read the guide carefully.

CIC insists that you MUST:
- still include all children, whether you have custody or not.
(no custody=family member)
- have all family members undergo a medical, even if you have no intentions of bringing them to Canada. Therefore, we had no choice but to list him...and they want him to undergo the medical.

Also, If we do not have a medical done for him PRIOR to receiving PR status, CIC will not allow us bring him over in the future.

I think we went about it the right way, it is just a matter of what they decide to do with the information.

Hey Tracy,

I probably misread some of the information.

I wish you good luck and a sooner favourable answer. :D

Hi All!

Got my medicals done yesterday...it was a breeze. It only took me a total of an hour to get all done including wait time(doctor - 10 mins, blood test-10 mins, and x-ray -40 mins.) X-ray was the longest...due to the fact that they left out one letter in my name. The X-ray tech caught it and made sure that it was corrected before she did my X-ray and went on to say that there shouldn't be any mistakes esp. with immigration. I'm glad she did! :D oh yeah, since Feb 2006, they have this new procedure of taking your X-ray with either a film or digital image. Mine was done with a digital image and was saved in a CD. It was pretty cool. They use a special software for this.

hi Tracy! is there any way that you could write the court that handled the custody case and request to have the wife consent to let the son undergo the medicals? and explain further that if this is not done that it could jeopardize your fiance's application for Canadian Immigration. i really hope that this won't cause further problems to his app.

Visa Received

Dear All

We received our passports today, and we have 10 mos time to land. I Sincerely thank all of you for this blog and valuable input. Zad, good to hear that everything went very smooth. and Good luck to all you guys

Here is the timeline in CND date format

Application 2/2/05
AOR 19/3/05
IELTS REQ 20/08/05
IELTS REST 3/10/05
IA 25/05/06
MEDI 12/06/06
ADD DOC 11/07/06
PPR 14/08/06
VISA 31/08/06

Quite a journey with a bunch of milestones!!! ;)

Thanks again

WAL

Last edited by a moderator:
Zad-

That is a road that we really don't want to go down. Jeapordizing his application is exactly what his ex-wife would love to do. I think we will take our chances, and apply more drastic measures if necessary.

WAL-

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy to hear your news. Best of luck with your relocation.

Congratulations WAL! It's wonderful to hear good news! :) When do you plan to land and which city?

Thanks G! I just hope that THAT (PPR) would be the next step...hoping they'd ask for it way before the end of the year...before my trip out of the country. I sure would like to hear good news from your end G!

Thak you

zad886 said:
Congratulations WAL! It's wonderful to hear good news! :) When do you plan to land and which city?

Thanks G! I just hope that THAT (PPR) would be the next step...hoping they'd ask for it way before the end of the year...before my trip out of the country. I sure would like to hear good news from your end G!

G, Tracy, Zad

Thank you all

Zad,

i am planning to land early 2007 and I will be landing in Vancouver,BC.

Thanks for updating your list

WAL

Congratulations, WAL, wish you have a smooth landing
and a happy life in Canada :)

By the way, has your case always been staying in Buffalo?

Linie

WhatALabor said:
Dear All

We received our passports today, and we have 10 mos time to land. I Sincerely thank all of you for this blog and valuable input. Zad, good to hear that everything went very smooth. and Good luck to all you guys

WAL

zad886 said:
hi Linie! have you sent your add'l docs yet?

Hi, Zad,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I submitted the additional docus
on Aug. 21 and they arrived at Buffalo on Aug. 25.

yes it was in buffalo

linie said:
Congratulations, WAL, wish you have a smooth landing
and a happy life in Canada :)

By the way, has your case always been staying in Buffalo?

Linie

Hi linie

Thanks !!!. Yes my case was with the buffalo office and never got transfered to local.

Regards

WAL

Got It!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys,

We got our IA today!!!! Yessssssssssssss! Yupeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :) :eek: :p ;) :rolleyes: :cool:

Yes!!! We're so happy!!!! Even the process is not over it's a big step forward.

Here is some inof about our IA:

- IA dated Aug 24th, 2006 and arrived on September 11, 2006 (AOR July 2005)
- interview waived
- no additional docs or information required
- RCMP (i.e. police clearance and fingerprinting) not requested
- IELTS not requested

They say we should proceed with our medicals within the next 60 days.

Not sure what else to say now. I'm still ... digesting the papers.

Good luck

Hey Tracy,

Thanks a lot. I hope everyting will run smoothly from now on, or at least quicker.

Zad: I found your posts about the foot notes on the IA letter. This is what I have:

intvw\intv_wav May 06 on the back of the first page

medical\inst_sbj/Oct 05 on the first page of the medical letter

Exactly like yours.

I also started to wonder why they wouldn't ask for RCMP clearence (I never submitted one and I never done fingerprints before). I'm pretty much sure that they don't need one since the "Additional documents required - You require an RCMP clearance" is not checked. Maybe they will ask for it later.

Cheers

Congratulations, Gerula!!

The remaining process will be very smooth and quick.

For in-canada applicant, the consulate can do a name check(pretty fast) to see whether
an applicant is innocent or not. If he is, then RCMP is not necessary. They
won't ask for it later on. I am not sure whether it is the same for applicants
in USA.