July 2005 AOR..buffalo timeline...

Thanks linie! You already got PPR, right? It takes roughly 3 months since you done your medicals to get the PPR?

A first estimate of my medicals is: $120 (analyses at doctor's "office) + $250 (for the ones done at the hospita). Canadian $ / person. Did you get similar numbers guys?

Thanks,
Serban

Gerula said:
Thanks linie! You already got PPR, right? It takes roughly 3 months since you done your medicals to get the PPR?

A first estimate of my medicals is: $120 (analyses at doctor's "office) + $250 (for the ones done at the hospita). Canadian $ / person. Did you get similar numbers guys?

Thanks,
Serban

Serban:
I haven't had my ppr yet, while my medical results arrived at Ottawa on Aug. 21.
The fees I spent for the medical are as follows:
$200 (analyses at doctor's "office)
$50 (for x-ray)
around $15 (for urine and blood tests)
Canadian $ / person.

I do not think the test at the hospital will cost you as much as $250, have u
verified the fee with the doctor?

Cheers

Hello Everyone,

We have our medical scheduled for Friday. On the phone we were
told the cost would be $350 USD. (approximately $392 CAD)

Tracy

Hi,

I checked with the doctor's office: $120 at the office + 205 (!) at the hospital. This comes to 325 CAD/person. I'll check other towns in the area to see if I can get better prices.

Cheers

Oh boy...i couldn't get on this site since Monday...i thought that it went down forever just like "yogi's" & "workincanada"... :eek: i'm glad to see it's still up and running. I guess I'm the only one who's been having trouble getting on this site since I see several posts since Monday.

First of all, a big CONGRATULATIONS to my buddy G!!!! :D I started to wonder when your IA would come this past Sunday and then you got it the day after. I'm so happy for you...and you are the luckiest...though the latest, you weren't asked for anything more than your medicals!!! :)

Re: Medical fees. I got mine done for a total of CAD$192. (doc-90, x-ray-45, & bloodtest-57) This was the lowest I found in the Vancouver area. I went to a Chinese doctor in Chinatown...you know how things/food are cheaper in chinatown, right? I guess the same goes with their medical practitioners. :D The only thing is they didn't get to mail it out until this Monday, almost 2 weeks since my medical exam...with the long weekend and all :( The good news though is that I was told that there were no problems with any of my tests and that i'm healthy! (which was my main concern...my health! :) )The doctor even told me that with my blood pressure, I could live up to 100... :eek: I don't want to live that long...do i??? :D

hi tracy! you're having your medicals done in 2 days...hope all goes well. any news on his son's medicals?

Hi Z!!!

Thanks a lot. I think you're the first one to call me buddy since we are in Canada :D . Very much appreciated.

The forum/web seems to work really slow especially in the evening. Sometimes you have to "refresh" it few times to get the page loaded. Sometimes it's not working at all. In the last week it seems to be all right.

Unfortunately we don't have a China Town here where population is somewhere close to 50 000...So, you have to work with the pure breed ones ( ;) )...and it's pricy. Our medicals are scheduled for 25th of September. Although in the Designated Medical Practitioners handbook they say that the doctors should schedule you within 10 days from the time you requested the analyses, they scheduled us more like in 2 weeks. Slow and expensive.

Z, do you have any updates about your medicals? Did they reach Otawa?

Tracy, good luck with your medicals! Keep us updated.

Cheers

Hi Gerula,

"Although in the Designated Medical Practitioners handbook they say that the doctors should schedule you within 10 days f", really? I do not know that before. I am also in a city which has a population of less than 120,000, and there are 3 DMPs here. When I tried to make an
appointment, the earliest one I could get is half a month away.

By the way, Gerula, you can contact the doctor and see whether it is possible for u to do the x-ray, urine and blood tests first(say one week before your appointment with the DMP), since these are the most time-consumint parts. However, you must contact the DMP you made appointment with since you will need forms signed by him/her to do the x-ray, urine and blood tests.

Good lucks for all.

Hi linie,

Here you can find DMP's handbook, check first paragraph:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pub/dmp-handbook/section-6.html

It actually says "within ten (10) working days", so that makes it like 2 weeks.

Contacting the doctor to schedule the blood and sao on in advance is a good ideea. I'll try to do that.

I also checked prices in Moncton, about 2 hrs drive from Fredericton (my town) and they asked for $175 in the office and $188 at the hospital. Geez, that's really expensive: $363/person.

Cheers

Hi Gerula

It seems Fredericton is a better choice for your medical exam.

Actually, even if the other town is cheaper, it is not worth going there for the exams
since it is too far from where you live. You are more familiar with everthing in Fredericton
than in the other town.

Good luck :)

hey..hey..hey..happy Friday to all! it's a bit chilly today...having a nice venti americano... :D

hey G! yes, you've been my buddy since the day you replied to my thread! :D hope all goes well with your medicals. were you able to talk to your DMP re: taking all the tests ahead of time? i called my DMP this past Wednesday, they gave me the tracking# and finally, my medicals are with Ottawa. it got there 2 days after they mailed it out on 9/11. I still have to send the add'l docs...too bad i'm still here in CND, if not, i could've sent them back in August. :(

hi tracy! today is the day...hope all goes well! :)

Hello Everyone!

Medicals were completed today! Everything went very smoothly. The doctor was very friendly and efficient. The whole process took less than an hour. The cost was $350 USD. Her comments were simply "Your healthy, good luck".

We haven't sent in our additional documents yet, still waiting on papers from the bank. (They are quick to take your money, but they take their sweet time when giving it back).

Will keep you all updated!

Boy...

I'm gonna have to stop reading this thread for a few months. It seems everyone is getting their IA's and moving along with the final stages of this brutal, psychological process. :mad:

All the best to you all, Zad, Linie, G, Tracy...I'm glad your files are moving along.

Sorry guys, it's just one of those Saturday's.

Merci,
Cy

Cyprus97 said:
I'm gonna have to stop reading this thread for a few months. It seems everyone is getting their IA's and moving along with the final stages of this brutal, psychological process. :mad:

All the best to you all, Zad, Linie, G, Tracy...I'm glad your files are moving along.

Sorry guys, it's just one of those Saturday's.

Merci,
Cy

Hi, Cyprus,

I know what your feeling is .... There will be a few monthes
before you hear something from the consulate I think. However, it seems that Baffalo is working kind of
efficiently, so i am sure u will be receiving the IA within
3 monthes. Anyways, do come back and let us know
when u get it :)

Cheers.
Linie

Hi, folks,

An update for my case, I checked my e-CAS today and found that
" Medical results have been received. ", let's see how long
it takes for me to get the PPR.

Good lucks for you all.

Linie

Hi all,

Cyprus. Hang on!!! I know the feeling of waiting for CIC's response very well. We all had a share of it. Since your AOR is Dec 2005 youshould here from them sometime between December 06 and February 07. Be patient man and everything will be fine. Good luck with your application.

Linie, good luck and keep us updated.

Cheers

Cheer up Cyprus! Your IA will come sooner than you think...give it a few more months. Like G has mentioned, your AOR was in Dec05...that's 5 months after we got ours.

Hey Linie! That's great news...keep us posted ok? I just hope that PPR will come soon after I mail the add'l docs requested by the end of this month...wishful thinking...

G, Z,

Yes, I got my ppr this afternoon, isn't a great news?
So, i am sure all of you will get the ppr very soon!

Zad, send out the additional docus as soon as you can, u will hear from the
consulate very very soon then..

Everybody good luck...

Fantastic news, Linie! So happy for you! Didn't I tell you that you'll get your PPR ahead of mine? :D Are you planning on going to Buffalo to have it stamped or will you just mail it?

At this point, I'm even thinking that G will get his PPR before I get mine!