July 2005 AOR..buffalo timeline...

zad886

Registered Users (C)
hi everyone! just thought i'd start a thread for those with july 2005 AORs. please share your timeline and any updates you get to read in other forums (and please mention the forum site/thread). thanks! :)

AD: July 2, 2005
RD: July 7, 2005
AOR: July 20, 2005 (36 weeks stated on letter, wishful thinking for IA in April???)

:) zad

AOR: July 2005

Hey Zad886,

Nice of you to open this thread. Hope more people will post on this board...

Anyway, this is my timeline for Buffalo:

Applied: June 2005
AOR: July 2005

(I'll check the exact date).

I'm international student in Canada.

Are you in US or Canada?
Did you submit IELTS scores? (I didn't. I submitted only written explanation)

Hope to hear from you soon,
Gerula

Hi Gerula!

I'm in the US and I, too, submitted a letter to prove my proficiency in English. What was stated in your AOR, as far as how far back of the apps that they are currently processing?

did you submit all docs (except IELTS) with your initial app? fbi? police clearance? i did.

hope to see others share their timelines...

Hello,

My dates are as follows
Application sent: Aug 2005
File number received : Sep 2005
Request for submitting IELTS scores: Oct 2005.
IELTS scores submitted : Dec 2005.

I had also attached a letter explaing my skills in English. However, the embassy did ask for the IELTS scores.

On another note, I am new to this forum would like to get an explanation for the following abbreviations:
AD
RD
AOR
IA

Good luck.

Timeline List

Hi! Just thought that maybe we could start a list and update it with new info as we go along. (copy and paste the list in your message and update)

NAME | LOCATION | ORIGIN | APP DATE | AOR DATE | REQ. IELTS | IA DATE | MED DATE | DOCS DATE | INTERVIEW | PPR DATE | VISA DATE

zad886 | USA | Phil. | Jul 05 | Jul 05 | ? | ...
gerula | Canada | ? | Jun 05 | Jul 05 | ? | ...
spce94mech | ? | ? | Aug 05 | Sep 05 | Oct 05 | ? | ...

spce94mech
AD - app date; RD - received date; AOR - acknowledgment of receipt; IA - initial assessment.

hope we all receive some good news soon!!

Hey guys,

zad:

I've got the same message as you in my AOR letter (36 weeks etc.).

My online status says: "We started processing your application on July 18, 2005".

I didn't submit nor my police clearance (from Canada) or medicals at the time of application. I thought is somehow too early. I'm thinking to apply for police clearance in a couple of months from now.

I still have to check the exact date of AOR.

For expected month for IA..I don't know what to say. My guess is that it might be in June or July. On yogi website (http://www.yogi799.com/timeline/buffalo/indexsorted.asp?sortby=id desc) they seem to process March 2005 (only 1 case for April). It seems that it takes more and more to finalize the cases. My conclusion is that while for 2004 cases it takes up to 15 month for the entire process (up to PR), for the 2005 cases it will take about 18 month.

spce94mech:

AOR=Acknowledgement of Receipt (this is the letter with your file number).
IA = Initial Assessment (hopefully you will receive this...a letter basically saying that your file has been approved. From this point you still have to wait
3-6 months for your case to be approved).

AD & RD, although the acronyms belong to zad I assume they mean Application Data and (File) Received (on) Date.

Where did you apply from?

Now few words about IELTS...
As far as I thought, by reading various posts, the IELTS request used to come in 5-6 months in 2005 (for those who applied in late 2004) and maybe 6-7 month for our time period (applied in 2005). Maybe I was just ...worng. I see that in your case they responded quite quickly (1 month). I saw that lot of people are getting their IELTS request. I'm wondering if that is just because the language letter is not very well made or if it's because the officers really want the applicants to take the test.

I think my AD would be July 19th, 2005 (this is the date stamped on AOR envelope).

Cheers,
Gerula

Hi,

Good ideea to set up a table zad.
I just adjusted to fit on the screen

NAME|LOC.|ORIG|APP|AOR|REQ.IELTS|IA|MED|DOCS|I-VIEW|PPR|VISA

zad886 |USA|Phil.|Jul05|Jul05|?| ...
gerula |Can|Fredericton|Jun05|Jul05|?| ...
spce94mech |?|?|Aug05|Sep05|Oct05|?| ...

Take care,
Gerula

Hey Gerula!

If you don't mind me asking...if you're originally from Canada, why are you applying for PR?

Anyway, I created a page and uploaded it online. July 2005 AOR Buffalo Timeline List Trying to find ways so we can all update our info online. Any one know how to go about doing this?

:) Zad

Hey zad,

Website ideea is awesome!

I thought ORIGIN is more about the city or area where we 'originally' applied from. Anyway, I live in Fredericton now, but I'm from Romania. See update below. On other thing which might be of interest for the application processing time would be the marital status. I'm married and I applied as main applicant (she is with me here). How about you guys?

NAME|LOC.|ORIG|APP|AOR|REQ.IELTS|IA|MED|DOCS|I-VIEW|PPR|VISA

zad886 |USA|Phil.|Jul05|Jul05|?| ...
gerula |Can|Romania|Jun05|Jul05|?| ...
spce94mech |?|?|Aug05|Sep05|Oct05|?| ...

I don't know how to make the update online, but I'll ask a friend in computer science. Hope he knows...

Take care,
Gerula

Hi Gerula!

I'm also wondering about that too...IELTS. I've seen others with requests as early as 1 month after AOR and as far as 10 months after...

As for the IAs, there were a couple of people in another forum (https://www.immigration.ca/discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9806&whichpage=20) with May05 AORs that had their files transferred in Feb06 and Mar06. And IAs usually come right after. I really hope we get our IAs soon. :)

i'll update the website with your info. :) as for the marital status, are you thinking that being married or single affects the length of the app. process? did you want to add that in the list?

spce94mech
hi! do you mind letting us know of your whereabouts?

hope to hear from you soon...

Hey,

ONLINE UPDATE

The online update of the website might be a problem. This is the answer I got from my friend.

"I don’t think you will find a code (on the internet) for doing that… you have to do it. Although, it might look simple it’s not so easy. All the information is stored in a database which needs to be connected to a web server.

Basically this is how it works:
MySQL (The Database) <=> Apache (The Server) <=> PHP (a language to be installed on the server).

When you have all these installed on the web server, you need to write the code in PHP, that will connect through Apache to MySQL and it will generate the needed tables. Because there are a lot of ‘personalized’ (i.e. specific) details it’s difficult to find the exact code on the net. What you may find on the net are examples about how to connect to MySQL and how to make queries in the database. In order to write such a web page you need to know to work with:
- HTML, PHP, MySQL or,
- HTML, ASP, MySQL or
- HTML, Java, MySLQ or
- HTML, XXX, Progress and so on."

Anyway, the way your page looks now is just ... awesome. You probably thought it's time consuming if lots of people submit to this thread. I agree.

IELTS
Indeed, some people get the IELTS request very quickly, while for the other it takes like ages..Maybe the one with a quick request just have a bad explanatory letter, and the others get it when the officers really start to work on their file. I don't know. On the other hand some people didn't get the IELTS request at all. I know people which sent just a crap letter for english proficiency, and they sent it just to have their file complete. They are thinking to take the IELTS anyway. Maybe some of this type of guys never took IELTS and they thought that their poor letter will do the job. CIC should publish a guide on how to make the perfect letter.

So, we already have 8 months since AOR. I guess I'll take my chance. I'll wait, maybe I'll save 250$...or maybe I'll extend the processing time with 2-3 months (if they will finnally send the request). What are your plans?

IA
Some people suspected that country of origin would matter for IA..but I don't really know. I'm wondering if you might have a faster processing time because you're located in US.

MARRITAL STATUS
My concern here is that they will have to do 2 background checks if you're married, so that might lead to a longer waiting....

Cheers,
Gerula

zad,

I forgot to mention that in the first place I thought you're a US citizen living in Philadelphia. Funny...Sorry about that.

Gerula :D

hey G! I just thought that it would be fun for us to be able to update the list...kinda like yogi799's site...just a thought...thanks for asking your friend. :)

Gerula said:
So, we already have 8 months since AOR. I guess I'll take my chance. I'll wait, maybe I'll save 250$...or maybe I'll extend the processing time with 2-3 months (if they will finnally send the request). What are your plans?
well, i'm really hoping that I won't have to take the test. (crossing my fingers!!!) i'll wait and see what happens.

IA
Some people suspected that country of origin would matter for IA..but I don't really know. I'm wondering if you might have a faster processing time because you're located in US.
i don't think the location makes a difference...it could be more of the country of origin. like people from India...but then again, i've seen others (in yogi's site) that got their visas in a little over a year from the date of app...who knows?!?!

philadelphia...hahaha...i kinda thought so...that's why i changed it! ;) i really hope we get more people join this thread...

zad :)

Yeah, it would be very nice to have something like yogi.

One disadvantage would be that anyone could post...and if you look at yogi's site there are people getting their IA even before they got their AOR :eek: . Probably some VIPs of some sort.

Cheers,
Gerula

P.S. How is the weather in Phil? :confused:

oh yes, tell me about it...people have their years screwed up... :rolleyes:

i'm assuming that this time of the year it would be very hot and humid in the Phil...hottest being the week of Easter, if my memory serves me right. I've been living in the US since '87 and usually visit during winter time so the weather will be tolerable...around 70s.

hey...aren't there any other people in this forum that has a July 2005 AOR (and onward)??? Is it just you and me? whatever happened to spce94mech???

Hey,

The weather in Phil is really...impresive...I couldn't find a sweating smiley... :mad:

Canada is cold...very coooold ...I can tell you that....

You shouldn't be worry about the IELTS, but anyway, as we've seen, people with many years of US or Can living still get their IELTS request.

People will hook up to the thread...at least later on...I'm sure of that. One thing I'm worried about is that if now we are posting 2-3 times a day, in the next future we will do it more like 2-3 times / hour, which will be the new WR of posting!!! :eek:

Hope to see other people posting here. Spce...we're missing you. :D

Cheers,
Gerula