July 2005 AOR..buffalo timeline...

Zad,

I saw your posts on the immigraion.ca, to. Maybe you want to try te number from federal guide for SW (although is for Canada only)

From anywhere in Canada, call 1-888-242-2100 (toll-free)

Or try the Buffalo consulate:
Mission Tel.: (716) 858-9500
Immigration Tel.: (716) 858-9501
Mission Fax: (716) 852-4340
Immigration Fax: (716) 852-2477

They should provide a decent answer to your question.

Good luck.

Do not worry Zad

This is the post I planned to post on immigration.ca but failed, so I post it here
for you Zad!

Zad, sorry to hear about your news. But I totally agree with Vijay as
follows since your case is kind of special.(doing medical exam in
Canada and now you are back to the states). But do not worry about
redoing some tests though, I will take a little bit more time, but
not very long and everything will just be fine. I remember Jules35 also redid some of the tests and he already got his ppr (medical done
in Aug.).

1. Check with the DMP in Canada who did your medicals.
2. Check with the Regional Medical officer as others have suggested.
3. Send a query to Buffalo/Ottawa.

For your info. folks,

I already got the passport and immigrant visa back and also landed this
afternoon :)

Buffalo is very fast now, so I am sure everybody will get your visa
pretty soon!!

Best lucks, guys

Thank you all for your words of encouragement!! :)

i just got a call from Ottawa. She left a voicemail message..too bad i didn't get to speak with her personally. She said that I can complete my medicals here in the US...yippee!!! Now to make an appt. with one of the 2 DMPs here in my area...why only 2???? I had a long list of choices in Vancouver. :D oh well...beggars can't be choosers...

congratulations Linie!

Hi All!

Gerula: We have made sure that we have sufficient funds in either case, USD or CAD. We are just looking for ease at the border. So many questons!

linie: Congratulations!!! So happy to hear you've completed your journey!

Zad: So glad to hear your news! You are lucky there are two DMP's in your state, Delaware has 0 DMP's. We had to travel to Maryland! But like you said, beggars can't be choosers...we are just glad it is done.

Thanks Tracy! Boy, I'm so glad then that we have at least 2 DMPs... :D

I've got my appt. this coming Thursday. The DMP also called Ottawa just to make sure that I can have my add'l tests done with them...confirmed!!! So hopefully it's nothing serious.

Good news, Zad.
After you are done with the medical exam tomorrow, I am
sure you will get your ppr within 40 days :)

Gerula, Tracy, hope you guys also get your pprs soon!

Thanks Tracy and Linie!

Had the add'l test done...required add'l x-rays...questioning about RUL lesions :confused: ...whatever they are. I hope that I don't really have them and that the first x-ray was not a good x-ray image!!! The DMP will call me to let me know if I have any health-related issues. Please...i hope it's really nothing!!!

Linie, when I read your reply, it felt like I was getting a prediction from a psychic!!! :D I really hope that it'll be just like your "prediction"!!! ;)

Hi Zad,

A "RUL Lesion" would be "a Lesion on/in the Right Upper Lobe (of the lung)."

This is just my own Unofficial opinion, of couse. (I am studying Medical Terminology in college).

Hopefully, like you said, the X-ray just got messed up and everything is fine. Try not to worry! :)

Thank you so much, Tracy!!

I just got a call from the clinic and the results have come back...everything is normal!!!! YIPPEE!!!! :D I just hope that Ottawa will just take the results as is and not question it again.

Wonderful News Zad!! What a relief!

I don't know if you believe in the power of prayer or not, but I said one for you anyway last night, and thankfully everything turned out favorably for you.

I am sure things will run smoothly for you now.

Hi Tracy!

thank you for your prayer...it really means a lot! I've also prayed and said that if that's part of HIS plan for my life, then I will accept it. I'm so happy that everything's normal...I guess, HE has other plans for me. :)

Thanks again! Hope to hear good news from your end soon!

Hey guys,

I've been away for the last week.

Glad to hear the good news Zad! Hopwefully everything will go smoothly from now on.

No news on my end..

Cheers

Hello Everyone

Here are a couple of questions if anyone can help.

Does anyone know if we can land and move all of our stuff at the same time? We are hoping (he) can land, bring his stuff over, and then go back to work for a month or two while waiting for his SIN. What do you think?

About the proof of funds...apparently, my fiance cannot open up a bank account in Canada unless he does it in person, which is not possible. What is the next best thing to do? Perhaps transfer it in the form of a certified cheque? (Canadian funds)

Hi, Tracy,

Not sure about the first question, but I guess you can do that without any problem.

For the second one, you can just use proof of fund in US$.
Actually, the officer did not ask us for proof of funds when we landed.

Best wishes, all~

Tracy,

I have a thought about your first question. I think that when you will land in Canada they or you will fill a form for the PR card. Between the time you submit the form and the time you get the card I think you cannot leave Canada. Actually this situation probably applies to people from countries requiring entry visa to Canada and not to US citizens. Anyhow, I'm not sure if it's real.

When I came to Canada they issued my SIN in one day. They gave my the number over the phone and the SIN card arrived in the mail in couple of weeks.

Cheers

Hi Tracy!

Here's a link to a site that talks about moving to Canada...very informative. http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4000503 hope it helps.

Re: Proof of funds, if it's just to show proof upon landing, you can always show a current bank statement...does not have to be in Canadian currency...US dollars will do. If your question pertains to the best way to transfer his funds to Canada, I would suggest bringing traveller's cheques in US currency and open a US$ account in Canada. If you don't need the money, open a term deposit (30 - 90 days)...HSBC now has the highest rate. Then just do a currency exchange when and if the money is needed. Just a suggestion. :)