July 2005 AOR..buffalo timeline...

We are mailing the passport tomorrow (we did not realize that we would need more photos) How long does it usually take to get a reply after sending passport? Linie?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply, the consulate got my passport on 20th, Sept, and I got it back
on the 2nd, Oct....

It's November...hopefully good news soon!!! In-Canada applicants are lucky, in the sense that they don't need to prepare the list of goods!!! Isn't it, G? Linie? It is so time consuming...wish I could just leave everything behind!!! :p :)[/QUOTE]

You are right, Zad, we do not need to fill in that list since all our stuffs are already here
in Canada :). Hope u get your ppr pretty soon!

zad886 said:
whoa!!! what's going on?? haven't been getting any messages lately...have missed a lot from you guys!!!

first of all, CONGRATULATIONS TRACY!!!! I'm so happy for you! Finally, huh? Anyway, as for your questions (hope it's not too late to reply :) )...

You'll need to call the following gov't agencies:
How to do it from RIV (Ca Registar of Imported Vehicles) http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html
RIV phones 888-848-8240, fax 888-346-8235; Hours Mon to Fri: 7:00am - 12:00 midnight (EST), Sat, Sun: 7:00am to 5:00pm (EST)

Canadian Customs and Fees from Ca. Border Information Service (BIS) http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pub/cp/rc4140/rc4140-05e.pdf, 800-461-9999

US Customs and Border Protection http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/export/export_docs/motor_vehicle.xml Here's a link to the ports...http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/ports/
***Note that you need to submit export docs at least 72 hours to US Customs (find out the port closest to where you plan to land) prior to exporting the vehicle.

Hope these help! :)

DHM2002: I hope all went well with your 2nd medical...had my 2nd done last October.

G: Hey man! I didn't even know there has been a lot going on in our thread...never got messages. I'm glad I decided to take a peek at it today!! I hope we get our PPRs soon...thinking you might even get it ahead of me! :D :eek:

It's November...hopefully good news soon!!! In-Canada applicants are lucky, in the sense that they don't need to prepare the list of goods!!! Isn't it, G? Linie? It is so time consuming...wish I could just leave everything behind!!! :p :)

hi zad
it was more blood test because I had jaundice when I was about 12 years old. that was more than 20 years ago! still they want to check if my liver is ok. :rolleyes:
will keep this forum updated with further news.

thanks
dhm2002

Thank you Zad! It is never too late for replies... We are very excited...and worried :confused: There is so much to know and take care of. It has been a real chore trying to figure out how to get his stuff here. We decided on him renting a moving truck and driving it himself, only problem is he cannot drop the truck here, he has to drive it back across the border (and he has to tow his car behind) We are talking over 3500 miles.

We thought the best thing to do would be to land in about three weeks (hopefully his passport and papers will be back by then?) and move his stuff over at the same time. Then he will return to the states for two weeks and then import his car on his way back to Canada. Think that will work?
He shouldn't have any trouble at the border the second time, after landing, should he?

Anything else we should prepare for - aside from importing the car and having his list prepared? It is hard to find people sharing the actual land procedure.

ECAS status update

Hi all,

Yupieee! Our online status is updated to:

"Medical results have been received"

I assume this means they have been received by Buffalo and not by Otawa. Am I right?

Z: good to hear from you. The email reply didn't work in the last couple of months...

Z, Linie: That's right in Canada applicants don't need to prepare list of goods. Do you have to pay taxes on the things that you are importing? I'm thinking that you could bring stuff from your homecountry at the time of landing (although it would be very expensive to transport it...).

Good luck to all!!!

Gerula said:
Hi all,

Yupieee! Our online status is updated to:

"Medical results have been received"

I assume this means they have been received by Buffalo and not by Otawa. Am I right?

Good luck to all!!!

Hi, G, Since the E-CAS has changed for your case, I guess you will hear from the consulate this week! Let's share your good news when you get the ppr..:)

When you land and import stuffs at that time, I do not think you need to pay tax for them.

-Tracy- said:
WE GOT THE VISA TODAY!

16 Months waiting...we are finally there! SO HAPPY!

Hey Tracy, Congratulations. Now the waiting is compeletely over~~ Enjoy your life in Canada in the future.

Congratulations Tracy!!!! I think you are the first from our group to get the visa. And here is you special prize: :D Enjoy and happy landing!!! if I may say that. Maybe you want to post your full timeline for the readers. Congratulations again.

Linie: your passports are gonna be in the mail in maximum 2 weeks I guess. Godd luck and keep us updated. I agree, once the Ecas changed (although a lot of people complain about ECAS) our PPR is on the way. Hopefully is not a human error somewhere...

My timeline is:
Applied: June 2005
AOR: July 2005
IA: September 2006 (no IELTS, no add'l docs)
Medicals done: September 2006
ECAS updated: November 2006 (Medicals received)
PPR: to be completed :rolleyes:

Good luck everyone!

Got It! Got It!

Hi again,

I checked the mail at noon and it was .... there!!!! Yes! Yes! :D

They asked for us to send the passports. We will send them tomorrow. I couldn't beleieve that one day this moment will come. I'll keep you updated. Thanks to all of you!!!

Zad, dhm: hang on. We're with you. It's gonna be over soon.

My timeline is:
Applied: June, 15 2005
AOR: July, 18 2005
IA: September 5, 2006 (no IELTS, no add'l docs)
Medicals: September 25, 2006
ECAS updated: November 6, 2006 (Medicals received)
PPR: November 9, 2006
Passport back: waiting...

Cheers

Hi Tracy,

Thanks. You got the passports really quick. I expect a slower return here. I sent them on Friday morning, but they are still in the local post office (they didn't send them out on Friday and from Saturday to Monday (Rememberance Day) Canada Post is not working. Another colegue of mine sent the passports last Tuesday.

Cheers,
Serban

Hi all,

No news yet, but a coleague of mine who sent the passports 3 days ahead of me got them back yesterday.

Cheers

Hi all,

We got the passports today. Yes! Ecas still shows "Medicals received".
We will probaly land on Wednesday in NB.

My updated timeline:
Passport back: November 27, 2006
Landing: To be completed :eek:

Good luck to you all.

Congratulations G! Exciting isn't it?

Hey, where has zad been? No updates for the timeline lately....

Thanks Tracy.

We landed yesterday, so everyting is over now. I can finnally think about something else, including the future :rolleyes: . It seemed to be such a long time since we applied (complete processing took 15 month). And then all the checking, tension and waiting for the mail.....so stressful. I feel released now... :cool:

Landing experience was very smooth. We landed in Woodstok, NB, by car. We went first to the US border, told them why are we there for and one one of they guys said" "All right, I'll show you the procedure for this". So he took as out and said " You guys see that stop sign over there? Take a left turn a go to Canada". :D Kinda hilarious. :D So, we didn't do anything with our passports, fillling in forms, or any other things. At the Canadian border it took like 10 - 15 minutes to complete the procedures and get the COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence.

I checked Ecas today and I couldn't log in. :eek: Either the system is down or the file has been erased...It's fine with me anyway...no more checking!!!

Anyway, I wanted to say, that I wanted to thank you all guys, and without you the waiting would have been probably 10 times harder. Thanks for being supportive and thanks for sharing your thoughts, ideas and information for this whole freakin process of immigration.

zad, a big THANKS for openning this thread. Great ideea, bud. I hope your doing good and keep us updated.

Again, thanks to all the people who posted on this thread, namely to:

zad886
spce94mech
Tracy
Linie
Shanx
mystatus123
WhatALabor
Cyprus97
Thomas_Varghese
mamun93
kupps
cryogenic
pa_2006
SABPAK
dhm2002
visiondash

I'd like to hear the happy ending of the story from you guys!!!

My complete(d) timeline is:

Skilled worker, Buffalo, in Canada applicant
Passport back: November 27th, 2006
Landed: November 29th, 2006 (by car at Woodstock, NB)

Now that I'm done, I wish you best of luck and best wishes for the future in your new "life" and country. I'll keep browsing the thread for a while, but anyway maybe sometime, somewhere we will just bump into each other...you never know. :confused: :eek:

Hi Gerula,

So glad to hear you made your transition smoothly! Best of luck to you in creating your new life in Canada.

Hey, where has everyone been?

We are planning to land in eight days, also in Woodstock, NB. I hope everything goes as smooth for us as it did for you. (Although it might take a bit longer for us, as we have to import the car, furniture, etc.)

Will keep you posted!

Again, congratulations.

Thanks again Tracy.

Good luck to you, too. Importing stuff will probably add a bit of time to the procedure. Some people were concerned about importing the car, but you probably already done research on this issue. Keep us updated!

Cheers

Congratulations Tracy and G!!!! I knew you guys would get your PPRs ahead of me. :) Glad to hear that your landing went smoothly, G! :) I hope all went well with yours, Tracy! (btw, timeline is updated!)

DHM: any news on your 2nd medical? hope your PPR comes soon.

I apologize for not posting for over a month...I was getting too worried that I just decided to go on hiatus to get things off my mind until I got my PPR...and yes, I got my PPR too...yesterday...finally!!!! :D It took almost 17 months...will definitely have a wonderful Christmas!!! :) :D

Here's what transpired since my last post. I received a phone call from Buffalo last November. Didn't know what the call was about and was just told that they will call me back one more time. Well, the next communication I got was a letter from them asking for an explanation of what I was doing for the past 5 years to support myself. (In case I never mentioned it, I have been unemployed for the past 5 years and have gone back to school for 2 years out of those 5 years) Yesterday, I got a call from Buffalo and had what I would call a "mini-interview" which lasted about 7 minutes. :D The IO wanted me to elaborate on my written explanation. Asked me about my finances...basically how I'm able to survive without working. I'm glad she was satisfied with my explanation and ended up congratulating me and telling me that her assistant will call me to give me instructions on how to send my passport for visa stamping...never got the call but instead I received a PPR email with instructions. I still can't believe that the long, agonizing waiting game is finally over!!! Mailed my passport out today... :)

In case anyone is interested in the email I received...

Dear XXX,

Further to our telephone conversation this afternoon, the processing of your application is now complete but for the issuing of the permanent resident visas, which we would like to effect prior to December 29, 2006.

The issuance of your visa is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport as requested. Also, please provide the following items with your passports:

1. 3 recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

2. Height and eye colour for you and each accompanying family member.

Please be sure to clearly mark the package containing the passport with your file number (Bxxxxxxxxx) and your full name.

You may wish to enclose copy of this email as well.

PLEASE NOTE: up to December 28, 2006 it is also possible for you to bring your passports in person to our office in Buffalo Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8am - 11am only. Our offices will be closed December 25 and 26.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and, CONGRATULATIONS!

For return of your passport, the use of a courier such as FEDEX is also acceptable; however, only a pre-arranged, prepaid, self-addressed FEDEX waybill with envelope will be used by the Consulate. Otherwise, passport would be returned via regular postal service. Personal cheque or Credit Card payment (for anything) is not accepted by the Consulate.

Our general mailing instructions are printed below:

The security of your passports is important to us. We strongly encourage you to use United States Postal Service or Canada Post premium mail service. This allows you to track the delivery and return of your documents.

If your address is in the USA, we encourage you to have your passports returned using the United States Postal Service’s premium Express Mail service. Provide a self addressed, prepaid, flat rate 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail envelope. Make a note of the tracking number

If your address is in Canada, we encourage you to supply a return envelope for your passports using Canada Post’s premium National Xpresspost service. Do not send us an Xpresspost - USA envelope. Taking advantage of our proximity to the Canadian border, we can make arrangements to have your passports mailed from Canada using your return envelope.

Purchase a 24 x 32 cm prepaid National Xpresspost envelope ( not Xpresspost - USA ) at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field leaving the"Return Address" field blank. Make a note of the tracking number.

If your passport is being returned to Canada, allow 15 days for regular mail and 5 days for Xpresspost service

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Section
3000 HSBC Centre
BUFFALO, NY 14203-2884

buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

FAX # 716 858 9591

zad886 said:
Congratulations Tracy and G!!!! I knew you guys would get your PPRs ahead of me. :) Glad to hear that your landing went smoothly, G! :) I hope all went well with yours, Tracy! (btw, timeline is updated!)

DHM: any news on your 2nd medical? hope your PPR comes soon.

I apologize for not posting for over a month...I was getting too worried that I just decided to go on hiatus to get things off my mind until I got my PPR...and yes, I got my PPR too...yesterday...finally!!!! :D It took almost 17 months...will definitely have a wonderful Christmas!!! :) :D

Here's what transpired since my last post. I received a phone call from Buffalo last November. Didn't know what the call was about and was just told that they will call me back one more time. Well, the next communication I got was a letter from them asking for an explanation of what I was doing for the past 5 years to support myself. (In case I never mentioned it, I have been unemployed for the past 5 years and have gone back to school for 2 years out of those 5 years) Yesterday, I got a call from Buffalo and had what I would call a "mini-interview" which lasted about 7 minutes. :D The IO wanted me to elaborate on my written explanation. Asked me about my finances...basically how I'm able to survive without working. I'm glad she was satisfied with my explanation and ended up congratulating me and telling me that her assistant will call me to give me instructions on how to send my passport for visa stamping...never got the call but instead I received a PPR email with instructions. I still can't believe that the long, agonizing waiting game is finally over!!! Mailed my passport out today... :)

In case anyone is interested in the email I received...

Dear XXX,

Further to our telephone conversation this afternoon, the processing of your application is now complete but for the issuing of the permanent resident visas, which we would like to effect prior to December 29, 2006.

The issuance of your visa is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport as requested. Also, please provide the following items with your passports:

1. 3 recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

2. Height and eye colour for you and each accompanying family member.

Please be sure to clearly mark the package containing the passport with your file number (Bxxxxxxxxx) and your full name.

You may wish to enclose copy of this email as well.

PLEASE NOTE: up to December 28, 2006 it is also possible for you to bring your passports in person to our office in Buffalo Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8am - 11am only. Our offices will be closed December 25 and 26.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and, CONGRATULATIONS!

For return of your passport, the use of a courier such as FEDEX is also acceptable; however, only a pre-arranged, prepaid, self-addressed FEDEX waybill with envelope will be used by the Consulate. Otherwise, passport would be returned via regular postal service. Personal cheque or Credit Card payment (for anything) is not accepted by the Consulate.

Our general mailing instructions are printed below:

The security of your passports is important to us. We strongly encourage you to use United States Postal Service or Canada Post premium mail service. This allows you to track the delivery and return of your documents.

If your address is in the USA, we encourage you to have your passports returned using the United States Postal Service’s premium Express Mail service. Provide a self addressed, prepaid, flat rate 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail envelope. Make a note of the tracking number

If your address is in Canada, we encourage you to supply a return envelope for your passports using Canada Post’s premium National Xpresspost service. Do not send us an Xpresspost - USA envelope. Taking advantage of our proximity to the Canadian border, we can make arrangements to have your passports mailed from Canada using your return envelope.

Purchase a 24 x 32 cm prepaid National Xpresspost envelope ( not Xpresspost - USA ) at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field leaving the"Return Address" field blank. Make a note of the tracking number.

If your passport is being returned to Canada, allow 15 days for regular mail and 5 days for Xpresspost service

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Section
3000 HSBC Centre
BUFFALO, NY 14203-2884

buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

FAX # 716 858 9591

Hi zad
congrats!!! your journey is over...

My 2nd med results have not reached LA consulate yet as of today. I had emailed them about it since I am going to india on vacation for 3 weeks and was worried about misssing their mail. I don't have anybody to check my mail. Mail will be held at the post office. anyway its been just over a month since the DMP told me she mailed the results to Ottawa
how long does it take for Ottawa to forward results to LA? is there anyway I can call Ottawa to check? I plan to call DMP tomorrow. didn't somebody post some phone # to call within US?

anyway thats my update but no news yet.
once again congrates!

dhm2002