July 2005 AOR..buffalo timeline...

Medical done

Me and my wife got our medicals done yesterday. It cost $400 each including postage.

What are the steps after Buffalo gets the medicals?

spce94mech.

PPR... this will happen approxmately 3 to 4 months after your medicals is done. In case they have any concerns with your medicals, they will ask for further tests.
Good luck.

Yes, they will ask for your passports in 3-4 months if everything is all right with your medicals.

Good luck to all!!!

Hi everyone.
I’m new here and have a LOT of questions. I immigrated to the US 2 years ago. Im still a permanent resident. Now I’m trying to help my mom and my brother (they live in Belarus) to move here as well. I heard about this refugee program and AOR applications. Where do I get additional info? Is there a web site? What is needed to qualify?
Thanks

To the US, hmmm I for some reason didn’t realize that this forum was for Canada…LOL , maybe the process is similar, do you by any chance know a web site for US? Thanks:)

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about US immigration, but I googled for "immigration US" and I found the official website: www.uscis.gov This is probably a good start to better understand the problem. And then you will find plenty of forums, blogs and other resources if you search the internet.

Good luck!

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well (all waiting by the mailbox I'm sure...lol)

Question: Does it matter what point of entry you land at? We usually come through Maine/New Brunswick.

additional medical tests

hi

i got letter from ottawa for additional medical tests. its sealed envelope for the doc. there is just one envelope with my name on it. does that mean only I have to go and not wife and kid? If it was other family memebers they would send separate envelopes right?

a bit worried and any input appreciated

thanks
dhm2002

Hi dhm,

I would say that probably the test is only for you. Anyway, the DMP will let you know. Hopefully he is not too far from your place if you need to revisit him.

Good luck!

Gerula said:
Hi dhm,

I would say that probably the test is only for you. Anyway, the DMP will let you know. Hopefully he is not too far from your place if you need to revisit him.

Good luck!

Hi Gerula
I did ask receptionist saying its only my name so the lady said to come alone.I am going alone tomorrow. DMP is not far, in downtown LA. its just that traffic is very bad but will revisit if need be.

thanks
dhm2002

Ok everyone...really need your help now that we have PPR.

Can we bring our belongings with us (furniture, personal items, etc.) when we land?

What about importing the car? What do we need to do ahead of time?

We were thinking of crossing with a moving truck, and then coming back with the car a few weeks later? Advice anyone?

Anyone with landing experience to share?

-Tracy- said:
Ok everyone...really need your help now that we have PPR.

Can we bring our belongings with us (furniture, personal items, etc.) when we land?

What about importing the car? What do we need to do ahead of time?

We were thinking of crossing with a moving truck, and then coming back with the car a few weeks later? Advice anyone?

Anyone with landing experience to share?

Congratulations, Tracy...
I am not very sure, but it seems that you can bring the belongs with you when you land. You can also do that later by filling the "list of goods" when you land and move all your
stuff the next time. Better to go to http://www.immigration.ca/discussion/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=4 for more information and
suggestions there :)

Tracy:
Awesome, awesome news Tracy!!!! :) :) :) :) :) Congrats and Good luck with the last step(s?) of the process!!! And please keep us updated. By the way did you notice any change in your Ecas? As linie pointed you can find a lot of info by looking at forus. I also think that you can directly ask the guys from CBSA (see link in the previous post) and I'm sure they can give you the 'official' information.

Dhm:
Kinda good news since it's only you! I know it's tough when you don't know what's going to happen and the whole 1+ year(s) of waiting depend on few minutes spent in the doctor's office!!!! There nothing you can do but hope for the better. Wish you good luck with your additional tests and keep us updated.

Zad:
Nothing from you lately, bud. Your silence worries me! :(

Cheers

Hi Gerula, and Thank you!

eCAS did not change at all. It is still saying what it said a year ago.

I did do a little searching through the forums, but it is hard to find good information. Besides that, I am so terribly, terribly busy these days, it is hard to find the time.

We are mailing the passport tomorrow (we did not realize that we would need more photos) How long does it usually take to get a reply after sending passport? Linie?

whoa!!! what's going on?? haven't been getting any messages lately...have missed a lot from you guys!!!

first of all, CONGRATULATIONS TRACY!!!! I'm so happy for you! Finally, huh? Anyway, as for your questions (hope it's not too late to reply :) )...
What about importing the car? What do we need to do ahead of time? We were thinking of crossing with a moving truck, and then coming back with the car a few weeks later? Advice anyone?
You'll need to call the following gov't agencies:
How to do it from RIV (Ca Registar of Imported Vehicles) http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html
RIV phones 888-848-8240, fax 888-346-8235; Hours Mon to Fri: 7:00am - 12:00 midnight (EST), Sat, Sun: 7:00am to 5:00pm (EST)

Canadian Customs and Fees from Ca. Border Information Service (BIS) http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pub/cp/rc4140/rc4140-05e.pdf, 800-461-9999

US Customs and Border Protection http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/export/export_docs/motor_vehicle.xml Here's a link to the ports...http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/ports/
***Note that you need to submit export docs at least 72 hours to US Customs (find out the port closest to where you plan to land) prior to exporting the vehicle.

Hope these help! :)

DHM2002: I hope all went well with your 2nd medical...had my 2nd done last October.

G: Hey man! I didn't even know there has been a lot going on in our thread...never got messages. I'm glad I decided to take a peek at it today!! I hope we get our PPRs soon...thinking you might even get it ahead of me! :D :eek:

It's November...hopefully good news soon!!! In-Canada applicants are lucky, in the sense that they don't need to prepare the list of goods!!! Isn't it, G? Linie? It is so time consuming...wish I could just leave everything behind!!! :p :)