July 2002 Tracker

Scot Girl,

Since you and I have the same RD in july 02, it may be interesting to keep track of who gets what first, till approval time.

Lets keep updating our status here.

adios,

speedking

Speedking

Just thought I'd let know that my lawyer has received receipts from BCIS for my EAD renewal and advance parole renewal. I heard today. Hopefully yours have been sent out too.

Scotgirl ;)

Hi ScotG,

I already got the reciepts for the EAD around 2 weeks after filing (see my earlier post).

I did it myself, I have not applied for AP renewal, my previous AP is valid till july 15 and I plan to travel to India & back within that date. BTW, I have a question on AP, when we enter the country using AP what date will the immigration officer stamp on the I-94 ?
since no one knows when we will get I-485 approval, how does he decide what date to stamp on the I-94 ?
Do we run any risk of losing status ?

Guys, please let me know.

Thanks

Speedking.

Speedking

Sorry for the confusion! Thanks.

Re: travelling on AP, I have not yet had to do that so I am not sure of the procedures. My H1-B expires in September though so I imagine I'll learn more about it then! I just hope it's not too much of a hassle. Travelling on my visa has always been pretty straightforward.

EAD Renewal

Hi Folkz,

I am applying for a EAD renewal for my wife today. Checked with the attorney and he said its ok to apply directly.

My wife's EAD is valid till August 8th.

Jumbo Fun

Answer to SpeedKing's question.

Hi,

Recently, I went back to my country for 2 weeks and entered into the U.S. with Advanced Parole. My working visa is okay until 5/23/2003, it's too soon to expiration date, I wanted to use Advanced Parole which is a bit more time its until expiration(8/5/03).

When I came in front of immigrant officer, he started to check my working visa on my pasport. Then, I showed him my advanced parole. Then, he told me to go to another immigrant room.

I went to the another room and showed all of my document.(Passport, I-94, AP etc.) I waited about 10 min. and was given special stamped which is much bigger than normal stamp all on passport, I-94 and AP doc. The expiration date of I-94 is same as AP expiration date which is 8/5/03.

Before I left U.S., I submiited EAD/AP renewal and BCIS received it on 4/20 or so.

As long as, I keep renewal EAD/AP until I get green card, I-94's expiration date doesn't matter. Problem only occurs when I-94 date is passed and I don't have any doc. which states I can stay in the US. I must obtain new EAD/AP before 8/5/03.

Thanks,
Tmp

Originally posted by speedking
Hi ScotG,

I already got the reciepts for the EAD around 2 weeks after filing (see my earlier post).

I did it myself, I have not applied for AP renewal, my previous AP is valid till july 15 and I plan to travel to India & back within that date. BTW, I have a question on AP, when we enter the country using AP what date will the immigration officer stamp on the I-94 ?
since no one knows when we will get I-485 approval, how does he decide what date to stamp on the I-94 ?
Do we run any risk of losing status ?

Guys, please let me know.

Thanks

Speedking.

Please join for June 2002 RD/ND

RD June/2002
ND is June/2002
FP August/2002

BTW Any idea how much time it will take to process... will it be around ...Nov/Dec 2003??

thanks

Hopefully

Let hope it will come by Nov/Dec 2003...You never know... BCIS may wake up anytime !!

ScotG,

According to the Case status online, my wife's EAD renewal has been approved & card has been ordered but mine has not yet been approved .
Also , I checked with my lawyer - he told me most immigration officers will stamp 1 year (from date of entry) on I-94 when using AP to enter the country, but we still have to renew AP & EAD to maintain status. So, I have sent in my AP renewal papers to INS Vermont.

Thanks Tmp for your input.

:SpeedKing

Hey ! How much time did the EAD take to get processed.. I just got the receipt for my wife... !! !

BTW: Read in the Forums that JAN 2001 is under Process.. ! !

Thats good news !!

Good Luck !!

Newbie information

Applied for 485/EAD/AP for me and wife on 07/19/2002

EAD - 08/08/2002
AP - 08/08/2002
FP Notice - 08/08/2002
FP Date - 09/17/2002
FP recd. by BCIS - 09/19/2002

Applied for EAD/AP extension on 04/17/2003

EAD - 05/20/2003 (Site says approved, did not get new cards yet)
AP - Not yet approved

EAD Renwal

[SIZE=2.25]Any body knows, can we walk in to Boston for EAD renewal in Boston local office [/SIZE]

Ben12, I sure hope you meant JAN 2002 :)

Originally posted by Ben12
Hey ! How much time did the EAD take to get processed.. I just got the receipt for my wife... !! !

BTW: Read in the Forums that JAN 2001 is under Process.. ! !

Thats good news !!

Good Luck !!

Texy

I sent everything to the lawyer in April and she filed April 11th. Received receipts on May 6th and I checked online status and saw approval last week. No word from my lawyer though on anything back from BCIS. Timing was exactly the same for renewal of advance parole.

Sorry that's not really in ND, RD and AP format - that always confuses me! If you'd like any other info - please let me know.

Thanks.

Thanks Scotgirl,
Your info. gives me a rough idea about the EAD-Renewal approval.
I think I should expect my approval by June end.

You are Right !

Yes I Meant JAN 2002 !!

I am also waiting for the EAD renewal !! Will post once I get approved !

Originally posted by Hariyaali
Ben12, I sure hope you meant JAN 2002 :)

Guesstimates of EAD (renewed) card ... anyone ???

Anyone have an idea about how long it is going to take to get the new EAD cards ? My case status says that my EAD card is approved, but I still have no card and its been a long time ...